Reaction score
Country
India
Tavors With Indian Para Commandos​

P1040689-1.JPG

P1040686-1.JPG

P1040685-1.JPG

P1040682-1.JPG

The IMI Tavor TAR-21 assault rifle is a fairly common sight now, deployed in significant numbers with the special forces, paramilitary, Rashtriya Rifles and other units. Saw these Indian Army para commandos at Exercise Sudarshan Shakti yesterday.

Great pics....... but really needs a new thread for this.....?

Tavor is a great gun. It should be the standard rifle of every force in India.

What is the point of pixelating the faces when their names are visible ? :angel:

^^^
Actually its an expensive rifle in comparison to AK and M4 etc. .....Now IA has issued tender for purchasing more rifle and carbines (two separate tenders) which will decide the future rifle for indian forces and later even parAMILITRAY FORCES. RFI has been issued and around 40 companies have recieved, tavor is one of the favorite. I am surprised you don't know about the biggest rifle purchase that is gonna happen in the whole world...

Then why is it not?

Because up an till recently there were serious budget constraints on IA. But now, as witnessed by the recent tenders for assault and CQBs to equip the entire IA, the IA is looking to get the best not the cheapest. And in that case the TAR-21 could well be adopted as the standard assault rifle of IA or it could be HK-416, SCAR-H, G-36 etc

Watch this space.

Man how many people named Singh in India? I swear 1 out of every 3 brown dudes I've met has that last name.

Great gun indeed.. But why the hell are the troops not provided any hand gear?!! Looks Fugly man, a mean gun and bare hands..!! :sick:

Back
Top Bottom