What's new

Tata Safari Storme army edition! Indian Army-spec Tata Safari Storme spied in full glory

INDIAPOSITIVE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
SOURCE: CARTAQ

tata-safari-indian-army-images-1.jpg

Here are the first-ever images that show the Indian Army-spec Tata Safari Storme in all its glory. It may be noted that Pune-based Tata Motors pipped Mahindra and Mahindra and Nissan to bag the order from the Indian Army for supplying personnel carrier vehicles to the Force. The Army chose the Safari Storme, and now the popular Indian passenger car maker will supply as many as 3,192 units of this SUV.

As you can see in the images we have here, the Army-spec Safari Storme comes in the green paint shade that is a characteristic of most Indian Army vehicles. The entire car is covered in this shade of green – there’s no chrome anywhere and every plastic part color matches with the sheet metal.

The only non-green accessories are the foot-steps and the roof rails. Even the five-spoke alloy wheels have been painted the same shade of green. Other than that, there’s a canister-carrier on the rear-left fender. In addition, there’s a pintle hook at the rear, a stubby antenna on the hood, and a pair of spotlights on the front bumper. The interior is draped in a shade of beige. Details of the equipment level aren’t available at the moment.

Powering the Tata Safari Storm is a 2.2-liter, 4-cylinder, turbocharged diesel engine that produces a maximum power of 154 bhp at 4,000 rpm along with a peak torque of 400 Nm from 1,700 to 2,700 rpm. The motor comes mated to a six-speed manual transmission. Also, the Army-spec Safari Storme benefits from a 4X4 transfer case that offers both low and high ratios. This is a shift-on-fly system that can be operated via a rotary knob near the transmission gear lever.

In essence, the Safari Storme will replace the aging Maruti Gypsy in the Army’s arsenal. The Safari Storme will be majorly used as a personnel carrier, and even for some reconnaissance missions. The high ground clearance of 200 mm, the ladder-on-frame chassis and the four wheel drive mechanism allow the Safari Storme to easily traverse the roughest of terrains.

dam an army that cannot feed it;s soldiers correctly is buying luxuries..

we r not.... we are just pointing out your un-balanced nature.
There is budget allocated for everything. It's not like we are taking money out of one place and using it for different purpose. Yes, there is scope of imprpimprov but that doesn't mean we stop replacing old equipment.

Whats with the ugly Paint Job man? You ruined otherwise nice looking SUV with that Ugly paint. Little investment in Aesthetics would be nice.
And its design is inspired from Rang rover lineup isn't it?

Whats with the ugly Paint Job man? You ruined otherwise nice looking SUV with that Ugly paint. Little investment in Aesthetics would be nice.
It's not for show off. So, I don't think the paint job is of any relevance. Safari indeed looks like the old rangy.
Well, JLR is a Tata-owned company and they do help with the designs of new Tata vehicles.

Our half fed soldiers are enough for your surrender monkeys .
We are not related to monkeys,out of 1000 surrenders,we compelled you to made,one during civil war of us,isn't something to worry about.
South Asia has to import 70cc bikes for his army.
Which country uses 70cc bikes for Army in Asia?
I think low IQ call centre gutter dewellers have hard time,when it comes to putting up facts.

No, it isn’t Range Roger inspired. The original Safari whose body style hasn’t changed much since it was released back in the late 90s, well before Tata’s JLR acquisition.

It's not for show off. So, I don't think the paint job is of any relevance. Safari indeed looks like the old rangy.
Well, JLR is a Tata-owned company and they do help with the designs of new Tata vehicles.
It doesn't matter if its a military vehicle. Their is no excuse ignoring this part and for poor quality paint job. Then their was no need for cozy and neat interior either. WW2 era Jeeps style interior would do fine :mad:
Always hair this argument to cover up laziness in some area by saying "It was not a requirement".
Remember listening to the same argument when i first saw Yasoob Truck of Pak Army(Unfortunately now a canceled project). It was Ugly as F*** and low quality compared to Hino Counterparts. My friend showing it to may was like "It is a war machine not Luxury ride" And i was like come on thats laziness of designers and Quality control people

It doesn't matter if its a military vehicle. Their is no excuse ignoring this part and for poor quality paint job. Then their was no need for cozy and neat interior either. WW2 era Jeeps style interior would do fine :mad:
Always hair this argument to cover up laziness in some area by saying "It was not a requirement".
Remember listening to the same argument when i first saw Yasoob Truck of Pak Army(Unfortunately now a canceled project). It was Ugly as F*** and low quality compared to Hino Counterparts. My friend showing it to may was like "It is a war machine not Luxury ride" And i was like come on thats laziness of designers and Quality control people
Lol, have you seen the old Gypsy IA has been using? We are not going to invest a lot of money and time for making it look good with comfy interiors and nice paints.
And military vehicles do not need to be presentable. They are for convenience. You might cost millions in addition to do the paint job and the same guys will ask why to make it look beautiful, it's just a military vehicle. We could feed poor with it. pfft!

We are not related to monkeys,out of 1000 surrenders,we compelled you to made,one during civil war of us,isn't something to worry about.

Which country uses 70cc bikes for Army in Asia?
I think low IQ call centre gutter dewellers have hard time,when it comes to putting up facts.
We .. who is we here !!

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom