What's new

Tata Nano shines! Wins global design award

I am going to buy this when I move onto kerala... It will be so much fun...

:rofl::rofl:

Learn to swim also if u are planning to buy anytime during rainy seasons.. You know our roads.. Nano;s will be like small boats in those gutters on the roads.

Whats the cost vis a vis the Suzuki 800??

maruti 800 almost stopped production from a year or so . not allowed to be sold on Metro Cities due to BS-IV Pollution Control norms. Maruti 800 will cost US $4100 in India. While Nano lx(top end model) costs $4900 or So. India is waiting for 800cc CRDI Diesel Nano. Current Petrol Prices in India is not affordable at $1.45/Litre of Petrol. most people buys maruti alto which comes with 2 engine options(including k10 engine) rather than 800.

Nano is a thousand times better than any three wheeler crap like habib sitara and TMC alif! we need to import these in Pakistan ASAP!

Habib "not so bright" Sitara
sitara1.jpg

This one looks like a donkey cart to me. Seriously What were the designers thinking designing something like that if at all designers were involved.:disagree:
We seriously lack creativity.

@pakistani members: can someone please shed some light on sitara, iam curious to know about this vehicle?

What is there to shed? Its like a donkey cart with donkey being replaced with some sort of an engine. I doubt if there is an engine at all and not paddles like in the fringestone lolzzz.

I heard Tata has come up with an effective way of solving the bad publicity they received in the initial batch of Nanos. A 50,000 km warranty.

bajaj will come up with better alternative, because of their know how about market.

i think it will be nano vs bajaj
bajaj_one_lakh_car.jpg

Tata Nano sales plunge by 85% in November
Press Trust of India, December 1, 2010 (New Delhi)

Automaker Tata Motor's much hyped 'world's cheapest' car Nano has failed to meet expectations as it witnessed a massive decline to 509 units in November this year compared to 3,065 units sold in the previous month.

The decline came during the month when the company had asked customers to bring back the people's car to add safety devices to prevent it from catching fire.

While the company had insisted it was not a 'recall', it said that the addition of safety devices, a lesson learnt from some of its brand new Nanos catching fire, was optional.

Even during October this year, Nano failed to enthuse buyers and witnessed only two per cent growth compared to the the same month year ago.

Interestingly, Nano's sales stood at 5,520 units in September this year, up 61 per cent from the same month last year.

Even on a year-on-year basis, Nano's sales during November was down by 85 per cent over the same period last year.

In August, the sixth incident of a Nano catching fire since the car was commercially launched in March 2009, was reported in the national capital, three months after a company probe declared the car was "absolutely safe".

Five previous incidents were reported from across the country, including Mumbai, Lucknow, Delhi and near Vadodara in Gujarat.

However, the company witnessed a marginal increase of one per cent in its total sales at 54,622 units the month compared to 54,108 units sold in the year-ago period.

Its total passenger and commercial vehicle sales in the domestic market stood at 50,419 units in November, a jump of one per cent from the sale of 50,114 units in November last year, according to the company statement.

Read more at: http://profit.ndtv.com/news/show/tata-nano-sales-plunge-by-85-in-november-126226?cp

Nano is a thousand times better than any three wheeler crap like habib sitara and TMC alif! we need to import these in Pakistan ASAP!

TMC Alif
alif_ZCC_PakWheels%28com%29.jpg

Habib "not so bright" Sitara
sitara1.jpg

HI,

Any idea on price of these vehicles (In US$) please. I'd like to learn more about these vehichles please.

yeah , out of the 60000 nano sold , some 5-6 caught fire , which resulted in sales declining from 9000 a month to as low as 500 a month in november however Tata has introduced additional safty equipments whicha are provided free of cost to previous owners
this has resulted in spike in sales to 5700 units in december , however sales ae expected to increase rapidly when Tata introduces the 700 cc diesel engine in the nano , Diesel cost around 37 Rs a ltr compared to petrol which cost 60 Rs a ltr , Diesel Nano is also expected to give 25 Kmpl compared to petrol version which gives around 20 Kmpl in normal conditions

Whats the cost vis a vis the Suzuki 800??

Starting price of Suzuki 800 (or Maruti 800 as it is known in India) cost on road is about US $ 4800/- with the to end versions going upto US$ 5,300/-

While the starting price of Nano is somewhat around us$ 2800/- WITH THE TO END VERSIONS GOING UPTO US$ 4,900/- approx.

Starting price of Suzuki 800 (or Maruti 800 as it is known in India) cost on road is about US $ 4800/- with the to end versions going upto US$ 5,300/-

While the starting price of Nano is somewhat around us$ 2800/- WITH THE TO END VERSIONS GOING UPTO US$ 4,900/- approx.

this looks right price to me. because one of my friends bought the high end version recently for nearly 2 lacs which goes near to 4500$.

and BTW maruti suzuki is also launching a cheap car as a competition to nano(i forgot the name) though it will be little more expensive but more more beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom