What's new

Tank Ex, the future MBT for India?

^^
When trolls from either side of India come together on the same thread and spout posts of no value, we know that the thread is about a successful product.

Keep it to yourself, no one will believe that Arjun is better than T90.

PA should try T99A2.

We have T90, We have Arjuna MK I , we did competitve trial and we found Arjuna Outrun/Outgun T90 in desert warfare (The way you Chinese did with J10 (Lavi derivative) and J11(Su27 derivative).

When you Chinese told that J11 was better than J10 did any Indian raised doubt??? I don't know why your 2 cent Army is so desperate to put there d!kc everywhere. Go away, we don't need ur expert advice...

@T80/T99A2 Vs Arjuna: We can't say anything coz we never had competitive trial yet..

Both Arjun and Tank-EX may be get order if GoI dnt allow army to get imported tank (same manner as howitzer)

734944_10151257604098071_375572782_n.jpg

I wonder how it would look like with the MK2 turret? :what:

The trials and recent reports about Arjuns issues wrt weight and size to be used in certain areas makes the Tank EX actually a very logical choice for IA. The Arjun Turret proved to provide more accuracy than the T90, it can use missiles like IA wants and the MK2 upgrades in terms of optical sights, unmanned guns, or active protection systems would be benefits for the T72 upgrades as well.
The downside is, that the ammount of ammo seems to be lower as the opening report says and the weight could be increased up to 50ts with the MK2 changes. So it might be a cost / benefit relation, especially with T90s on the otherside.

The bigger the turret, the bigger the target. As a practice target tank, DRDO wanted to make it easier for shooter.

In Todays world , computer take the shot , even is as big as jeep , it will hit at bang range... not days size dont not matter , survivability matter to direct hit.

The bigger the turret, the bigger the target. As a practice target tank, DRDO wanted to make it easier for shooter.

smaller the turret, weaker the target.

ask T-72 of the gulf war when it went up against M1A2 Abrams that has a large turret.

Does anybody has the costs for the possible T72 upgrade that currently is considered and the expected costs of Tank EX upgrade?

Does anybody has the costs for the possible T72 upgrade that currently is considered and the expected costs of Tank EX upgrade?

The project Tank-Ex aka Karana was scrapped few years ago ( in 2007 I think ). There was a rumer that this project was revive secretly. But nothing official yet.

The cost of T72's new Arjun turret and modification in tank chassis are supposed to cost 1/3 of Arjun Mark-2. ( got it from a engineer serving in Mechenised Unit )

Hahahaa ignorance is always blessed :tup:

The cost of T72's new Arjun turret and modification in tank chassis are supposed to cost 1/3 of Arjun Mark-2. ( got it from a engineer serving in Mechenised Unit )

According to the opening report, the engine would be replaced as well, so not only the turret changes and 1/3rd of MK2 sounds costly for an upgrade. Did you asked him about pros and cons or why IA might have rejected Tank Ex so far?

According to the opening report, the engine would be replaced as well, so not only the turret changes and 1/3rd of MK2 sounds costly for an upgrade. Did you asked him about pros and cons or why IA might have rejected Tank Ex so far?

Tank-Ex upgrade involved engine , sights modified composite armour and defence systems. I think that cost is fare enough considering the increased life span and useablity of T-72

Pros -
we have good number of T-72s which are not capable enough.
Highly agile
T-72s get bigger and accurate gun
Bring then on par with T-90 in armour

Cons
- cost
- time line
- IA's affection to new T-90MS upgrade

Project was scrapped when I was reluctant to buy Arjun. It might have been revive after Mark-1 tests. Not sure. And I don't think this news is reliable

Back
Top Bottom