What's new

Tamil actress Monica converts to Islam and quits films

Monica before her conversion to Islam

Monica before her conversion

Chennai: Well-known Indian actress Monica has decided to revert to Islam, don Islamic headscarf and quit the film industry, Times of India reported.

monica-muslim.jpg

"I have not convert for the reason of love or money, am not such a person. I like Islamic principles. This is why I have converted to Islam," she said after reverting to Islam.

"Hereafter I won't act in the film, it gives some pain but I don't change my mind," the young actress added.

According to Indian media, Monica's decision was announced during a news conference on Friday in which she released photos showing her wearing traditional modest costume and a hijab.

She has also changed her name to MG Rahima.

However, she did not reveal reasons behind her decision to join the world's fastest growing religion.

The Azhagi actress started her career as a child artist in Tamil cinema and has acted in more than 50 films.

She is also the popular face in other South Indian film industries like Telugu, Malayalam and Kannada.

Monica, who had won Tamil Nadu State Award as a best child actor for her performance in Vijaykanth starrer En Aasai Machan, is known for few of the Tamil movies like Azhagi, Imsai Arasan 23m Pulakesi and Silandhi.

In 2001, Monica had changed her name a Paravana for Malayalam film industry.

The actress was last seen in Tamil film Jannal Oram, which was released in 2013, November. Monica is not the first Indian celebrity to revert to Islam this year.

Earlier in February, reports said that both musician Yuvan Shankar Raja has taken the same decision to revert to Islam.

Tamil actress Monica reverts to Islam, quits film industry | ummid.com

Monica converts to Islam and quits films - The Times of India
never heard of her.....anyways good luck with ur life

Islam does NOT dig your past once you enter Islam. It just welcome you with open arms putting behind your bad past even.

She is a b-grade actor

entire TAMIL Film industry is considered B-Grade by bollywood . all these tollywood actresses are considered B-Grade although there is no difference between flesh showing of Bollywood and Tollywood still bolllywood people thing their actresses are A-Grade

Islam does NOT dig your past once you enter Islam. It just welcome you with open arms putting behind your bad past even.

entire TAMIL Film industry is considered B-Grade by bollywood . all these tollywood actresses are considered B-Grade although there is no difference between flesh showing of Bollywood and Tollywood still bolllywood people thing their actresses are A-Grade

She says she converted in 2010 not now

She is not mainstream actress as you quote in tamil

She Convinced her family now only

This nothing but love & marriage conversion

She even says in the interview that her covering is her new costume

her Interview is quite hilarious

Last edited:
Well known actress???? Are you kidding me?????/ She known very little that's because on her first main movie she started stripping... but anyway good luck with wherever she winds up

Her life, her choice to make but what I don't understand is why have a press conference to discuss what should be a very personal matter.

Well known actress???? Are you kidding me?????/ She known very little that's because on her first main movie she started stripping... but anyway good luck with wherever she winds up

almost all Tamil actresses are seen as strippers :) Tamil film industry is known for it

She says she converted in 2010 not now

She is not mainstream actress as you quote in tamil

She Convinced her family now only

This nothing but love & marriage conversion

She even says in the interview that her covering is her new costume

her Interview is quite hilarious

:) if it was only her marriage issue then why she converted her FAMILY ?

anyway she had been a non-Muslim all her life so she may take some time to follow her new faith in real spirit.

We can only pray for her

almost all Tamil actresses are seen as strippers :) Tamil film industry is known for it

anyway she had been a non-Muslim all her life so she may take some time to follow her new faith in real spirit.

We can only pray for her

Who said her family is converted

Her father is a Hindu

Her Mother is a Christine

they remain so

Now she is Muslim

150000 indian hindus convert to islam every year, and not for second marriage, but genuine conversion
ha ha,what genuine conversion????
some may..but mostly are trapped by jihadi romeos ....

This means Muslim has Hindu ancestry. SO Muslim are our brother. all of them are hindu convert

We can only pray for her

Most of the Actress are not Tamilians

They are from Neighboring states or from Up north

Most Bollywood actress Debut is in Kollywood

Stop talking horse shit.....pakistani's are funny with their claim of knowing india better than indians, i am a south indian who has lived in north most of his life and never i have seen dislike or belittlement towards southern movies, infact after finishing our share of Bollywood movies students in hostels watch tollywood movies with subtitles.

Any way please clarify whether islam tells ppl not to act in motion pictures.

Back
Top Bottom