What's new

Talks for Su-35, Mi-35 sales to Pakistan are underway: Russian Deputy FM

Status
Not open for further replies.
no, I don't think "Chinese products are unreliable" at all

literally every component in my computer, CPU/GPU to mouse is made in China

but the "battle proven" tag still commands a premium in the international arms market.

Pakistan test the equipment before buying it... Like we are testing WZ-10 Like we are testing Oplot T-84 like we tested MBT 3000 like we going to test T-99 so no country is fool enough that keep buying military equipment before trials or tests

Chinese reversed engineered goods are neither battle proven, nor reliable
Nothing is battle proven until put into the battle. Is Sukhoi series battle proven? No its not. US aviation industry started by reverse engineering french planes. Russian Kicked off by reverse engineering british planes and then by copying US planes. So everybody has taken the same start, Chinese are not alone.

according to one of my friend he told that paf might buy 1 sqd or 6-5 sqds

Going through this thread, I feel Indian ego is really hurt. In their effort to remedy this hurt, they say Russia needs India.

Fair enough. Russia does need a big market like India but Indians dont realize they need Russia as much as Russia needs them. Russia has a product to sell and many willing buyers. India does not produce any weapons. So even if they are flush with cash, they will still need country like Russia to sell them weapons. So its both ways.

India only has failed or part successful project to show like Arjun and Tejas. Yet their ego is so big, it certainly reminds me of that 56 inch cheat cr*p. May their defence minister wasnt talking about the 56 inch chest average Indians cant have but their ego definitely has a 56 inch chest.

How did we become Russia's 'closest partner' and in which domain? Thats a question that has been bothering me for a while!

Cherry on the top will be to refuse to IBRIS radar and instead opt for the AESA being developed for J-20 :coffee:

People dont understand that USSR was our Ally, Russia is not.
we mostly have Buyer Seller Relationship with Russia.

OnTopic:
Good for Pakistan

Russia may not be USSR but (barring the Yelstin years) Putin's Russia was instrumental in the formation of Strategic Partnership with India and has institutionalized summit level meetings every year to represent that special relationship.

Russia supports India on UNSC, NSG & SCO memberships and still shares it's top technologies with India.

Indo-Russian relationship cannot be trivialized as a normal buyer-seller relationship.

Russia may not be USSR but (barring the Yelstin years) Putin's Russia was instrumental in the formation of Strategic Partnership with India and has institutionalized summit level meetings every year to represent that special relationship.

Russia supports India on UNSC, NSG & SCO memberships and still shares it's top technologies with India.

Indo-Russian relationship cannot be trivialized as a normal buyer-seller relationship.

More like passing intelligence on Russia to Uncle Sam.

Russia are not stupid, they know how much India have bent over for US to develop relationship.

Pakistan, Russia in talks on delivery of Su-35, Mi35M
Last Updated On 10 September,2015 About 0 seconds from now
298144_99570449.jpg

Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov said that Pakistan is Russia's closest partner.
NIZHNY TAGIL (Web Desk) - Pakistan and Russia are currently in talks on the delivery of Russian multirole Mi-35M attack helicopters and the latest Su-35 fighter jets, Sputnik News reported on Thursday.

Both countries were negotiating the deal for the past year, signalling a major thaw in relations between the two countries.

Talking to journalists, Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov said that Pakistan is Russia s closest partner and the two countries’ ties are evolving not only militarily but in other sectors, including energy.

"I do not think that the contacts under discussion will cause jealousy on the part of any of the two sides," he added.

Chief of Army Staff General Raheel Sharif visited Russia in June this year, after which a draft contract for the delivery of four Mi-35M Hind E combat helicopters was sent to Pakistan from Russia.

Pakistan currently has a number of Mi-17 helicopters delivered by the US to assist in the fight against militancy.

The Mi-35 helicopter is an exceedingly modernised version of the Mi-24 combat helicopter with new onboard equipment and avionics. It also has a more powerful engine and a different tail rotor.

Pakistan and Russia signed a bilateral defence cooperation agreement aimed at strengthening military-to-military relations in November last year.

Pakistan holds talks with Russia for delivery of Sukhoi Su-35 fighter jets

Russian Deputy Foreign Minister terms Pakistan as close partner of his country

Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov has said that his country is engaged in talks with Pakistan for the delivery of Sukhoi Su-35 fighter jets.

He told Russian News Agency that both the countries had previously agreed upon delivery of these air crafts and modalities for their delivery are being finalized.
The Russian Minister termed Pakistan as close partner of his country hoping that cooperation between the countries will further grow various fields as well including energy.

The twin-engine Su-35 is a fourth generation multi-role combat aircraft which also incorporates technology from fifth generation jets.

Pakistan holds talks with Russia for delivery of Sukhoi Su-35 fighter jets

------------------------------------------------------------
Is it really a misquote or any juice in the news......

More like passing intelligence on Russia to Uncle Sam.

Russia are not stupid, they know how much India have bent over for US to develop relationship.

Well, you do not need a summit for that...Also, It could as well be the other way around....

I think one point Indian friends here must understand that if Russia wants hard cash (which is True BTW), forces opposing Russia (US and Europe) would like to stop that. This can be done in number of ways. By providing better mil tech to India than the Russia (and I think it is already happening. P-8I, C-17, Apache etc.). This way they will succeed in preventing Delhi to sign any further larger defense deal with Moscow. On the other hand, if Russia sells anything to Pakistan the order will be much smaller and would give little revenue of Russia. Plus the US can even put pressure on Pakistan not to buy Russian stuff. The US may offer PAF some more F-16s to prevent any such deal.But Pakistan, on the other hand, has its own requirements in which shifting balance of maritime aviation in Arabian Sea is an emerging challenge due to inclusion of aircraft carriers in Indian Navy. So, inevitably for Pakistan it would be prudent to go for a twin engine fighter with longer range for this specific need (PAF or PN; who would use them is immaterial at this point). So impetus for both Pakistan and Russia to enhance cooperation is there. Pakistan cannot deter challenge posed by Indian carriers by inducting its own carrier so naturally second best choice is to increase the number of options to neutralize this threat. Su-35 or any other navalized flanker would fit into this role. So, I would not say that SU-35 just has no chance in PAF instead to me the decision will be based on enemy's capabilities and challenge posed and by looking at the current and future challenges, SU-35 is certainly among the best choices Pakistan has at the moment along with Chinese option. Indian factor would not matter much in this regard.

What's interesting is India needs to quench the thirst of two powers (Russia & US) while Pakistan has three (China, US & Russia)

Pakistan have traditionally bought planes and announcement were made..

However here it is very much unlike Pakistan and more like India debating about Su 35 ..

It is sign it's just politics and if the deal is actually place, it's going take a long time.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom