What's new

Talks for Su-35, Mi-35 sales to Pakistan are underway: Russian Deputy FM

Status
Not open for further replies.
yup, and China will only get the stripped down export variant, if/when they do .. that news has been flying around forever.
o_O...your question was, "why don't Pakistan just go for the J-11s ?"

Russia's Su-35 is vastly more sophisticated version than J-11. You know that indeed.
As long as the equation involves Pakistan or China, you have better chances to get a pig to fly like an eagle rather than getting an Indian to admit that something positive might happen that would be better than what they have.

bada zabardast game chal raha hai, India's endgame is self sufficiency in defence, for which they have 100s of billions of dollars to spend, and both the US and Russia want a slice of that.
Sure that's why Russia is selling its hardcore SU 35 yo Pakistan ?
& America ? Obama was crying to have an appointment with moodi jee ?lolzz

why don't Pakistan just go for the J-11s ?
J11/SU35 this is all a bluff. Like PAF did in 1990s to force France to reduce Mirage 2K's price tag. PAF will end up with more F16s, J10s and JF17s.

that's why Russia is selling its hardcore SU 35 yo Pakistan ?
hello, they're not.

J11/SU35 this is all a bluff. Like PAF did in 1990s to force France to reduce Mirage 2K's price tag. PAF will end up with more F16s, J10s and JF17s.
yup, I think the US will okay and sanction more f-16s (a platform PAF are already very comfortable with).. could be a mix of second hand jets and some new ones, probably not to block 60 standard though.

the US are not going to let Pakistan go to the Russian camp just as much as the Russians are poking India with this SU 35 news.

yup, I think the US will okay and sanction more f-16s (a platform PAF are already very comfortable with).. could be a mix of second hand jets and some new ones, probably not to block 60 standard though.

the US are not going to let Pakistan go to the Russian camp just as much as the Russians are poking India with this SU 35 news.
Well is being in Russian camp really that important after the emergence of China? I don't think so.

Well is being in Russian camp really that important after the emergence of China? I don't think so.
Chinese reversed engineered goods are neither battle proven, nor reliable

I think you need to open your eyes properly , have a tooth brush & then look at the news its coming from deputy FM of Russia not of somalia ?

It is claimed to be coming from the deputy FM, which raises all the more suspicion since it was also a "government source" that denied the existence of such a deal. Until we see actual jets being delivered or have official statements made by both countries (i.e. Sukhoi company itself or the Chinese MoD), this hackneyed "purchase" is about as credible as UFOs in Area 51.

Russia's Su-35 is vastly more sophisticated version than J-11. You know that indeed.

Depending on the variant. The latest J-11D shares numerous upgrade schemes with the Su-35, and in some cases excells the latter in certain aspects of its upgrade (e.g. avionics).

If they haven't been proven in battle, then how do you know that they aren't reliable?
ha, good 1 :D

but the "battle proven" tag is still a big deal for any weapon system in the market

the French Rafale, for example, got a huge leg up after they destroyed Libya

The term battle proven is wrong, is your Su-30MKI is battle proven and yes Chinese reversed engineered goods but with own innovation

The term battle proven is wrong, is your Su-30MKI is battle proven and yes Chinese reversed engineered goods but with own innovation

do it then, koi ni rok sakta aapko 1000s of J-11s khredne se :)

ha, good 1 :D

but the "battle proven" tag is still a big deal for any weapon system in the market

the French Rafale, for example, got a huge leg up after they destroyed Libya

Not exactly; battle experience does not affect a platforms' performance any more than does an aggressive marketing campaign (which is exactly what this concept is, anyways). Operations in Libya and the like does not effectively validate a system's capabilities as the resistance propped up by the Libyans were disproportionate at best.

Not exactly; battle experience does not alter a platforms' performance any more than does an aggressive marketing campaign (which is exactly what this concept is, anyways). Operations in Libya and the like does not effectively validate a system's capabilities as the resistance propped up by the Libyans were disproportionate at best.
no, the "battle proven" tag does add quite a bit of value

China has a long way to go before it can effectively compete with Russian or US/EU stuff..

do it then, koi ni rok sakta aapko 1000s of J-11s khredne se :)
What talking about sir, its not India or China, it your logic sir, why you thinks that Chinese products are unreliable? Give me one valid reason

What talking about sir, its not India or China, it your logic sir, why you thinks that Chinese products are unreliable? Give me one valid reason
no, I don't think "Chinese products are unreliable" at all

literally every component in my computer, CPU/GPU to mouse is made in China

but the "battle proven" tag still commands a premium in the international arms market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom