What's new

Talk of the town: Caretaker setup and Financial Emergency in progress

Most worst thing for all of us is that those matric fail, corrupt , traitors morons who are responsible for all this mess are meeting with technocrats for the implementation of this so called interim setup , yuddi deu apna kam karo aor mulk ko chalny do haram zaddoo begairtoo

Last edited:
Estab. Generals need to listen to the popular voices, pay heed to the people will, throw away the bloated egos, go for the election and let the people decide the mandate.

And surrender to the people's choice. So much better than surrendering to an enemy state Army in 71, and with no redemption. This is like winning hearts and minds of people by giving up.

Flawed national and operational strategy proved to; be disastrous for Pakistan , both politically and militarily. Power, national and operational strategy, the methodology of crisis and conflict management and higher direction of war in which we had been found wanting in 1971.

Last edited:
Until you take the dog out of the well, the well will remain polluted.
Jub tak generals ko khasi nhi karo gay yeh kom ki gaaaaf marty rahin gay har 2,3 sall bad
Kuttay k sath Khanzeer bi hai. Problem is they're not just stuck, they're actively raw dogging each other.

The establishment is the only and all the stability that is permissible for Pakistan.

The quicker people get it, the better.
Awam phir surf kha le?

Imran Khan is history. There is no way he’d make a come back.

He was the main reason establishment has been stripped bone naked. Aise bandey ko kaise election me participate karne ki ijazat hogi?
IK and everyone who had hope should just sell their stuff in Pakistan and get the F outta dodge.
Pakistan will continue it's death spiral for the next 3 decades.

Last edited:
The establishment is the only and all the stability that is permissible for Pakistan.

The quicker people get it, the better.
Establishment is khan , he has all the powers from the people of Pakistan which these GHQ dollar khor were enjoying once

No to Technocrat govt. Doing same mistake over and over again is madness, there is no dearth of imbecile morons in Establishment.

Bingo.
They will use the excuse of economic catastrophe as cause of implementing 2 year interim technocratic government.
Bois can’t let IK come to power no matter what.
Shabbar Zaidi has been tight lipped whether he will become techno led finance minister.
Today his articles mentions the timeline 2023-2027.
Till then IK popularity is dead low
Many new pkr trillionares will be made by buying up PSE’s.

I think it will just be a caretaker govt but people in that care taker will be more of finance experts type

And I think that the wish of changing the law to extend it for 2+ yrs is more of PDM desire rather than establishment's desire
For that PDM is contemplating changing law to allow for longer than 3 mo caretaker govt,
just so that they won't have to go to election as long as possible, hoping that people will forget the mess the have created

If the caretaker technocrat govt. is installed for 3-6 months then IK's PTI can accept it and the people too. But how can it be assured that there are no sinister designs to further extend it to say 1.5-2 years, any excuse can be given regarding the economy.

Ideally the technocrat setup need to go dealing with IMF tranche, loans and roll over and all the financial aspects. And with an assurance that they will fold within 6 months.

PDM is hands in glove with the Estab. they want a 2.5 year technocrat govt with NRO given to them staying, which would be a disaster.

If he can do that, he will be the true leader he wants to seen as. If only indeed.
Too bad that's only possible if elections are held.
If, on other hand, someone naysayer wants to throw in the towel on the fighter's behalf, before the first round ends, well 🤷‍♂️

If Ms Aaliya Bhatti is getting access to internal ISI reports, ISI has more problems than we think!

On a lighter note, no way this is an ISI or military report, not enough acronyms! :P
fr, the first thing I noticed are the spelling mistakes

I cannot consider that an authentic source, but I will accept that PTI does have public support. No doubt.

But how will that result in any actual economic policies that will help the situation? There is no indication of any change as a result of change of governments at this time. Same old policies will have the same old results. We have seen this cycle repeat so many times before, and this is not likely to change even now.

That is the problem.
I guess we have to find you a palantir so you can foresee if indeed Imran khan is going to fulfill his promises this time. Short of that, I see no end to your skepticism.

What's wrong with that though? As long as technocrats are running the institutions in an effective manner it should be fine? They'll oversee everything and can actually focus on their main priority

Essentially nearly every nation has a "deep-state" - China is quite open about theirs.
Brilliant. Why have democracy in the first place
As long as technocrats are running the institutions in an effective manner

Itna drama karne ki kia zarurat thi pehle? Shuru se technocrats ko lete aate. Aj ye haal na hota shaid.

The MI job is to keep an eye on traitor generals but is still quiet.
Maybe because it takes orders from the same generals?

Last edited:
The speed at which the diaspora pulled its money and the uptic in emigration indicates the balancing act that was going on in the previous few years, especially during Covid. With Covid hopefully being less of an issue in 2023 and oil prices perhaps coming down, there maybe an opportunity to get back to that balance with a $10-15 Billion of funds into the economy (a number based on the news that the PDM government is looking for a $13 Billion IMF loan). PTI will have to have a plan to raise that kind of funding. FDI, not loans (mostly through remittances).

That’s why both sides (PTI and Establishment) need to get serious and frankly negotiate a new arrangement. PTI has public support, it needs to use it to go around potential investors to drum up support ahead of elections, and prove their economic worth, to those weary of taking them on. It has convinced the world it has deep enough domestic and international support in the diaspora, it’s needs to spend its political capital on building an economic plan for recovery. A platform with a plan. It also needs to have the blessing of the establishment to forge a firm but constructive arrangement with Afghans. No more appeasement but a plan built on economic, that finally gets the Trans-Afghan rail routes built and the mining sector up and running.

Next it need to go through its ranks of advisors and minsters, ahead of the elections, and ask people to step aside for more capable people. Once in power, it will look bad removing people. Only keeping those that are competent or politically necessary, and bringing in the best of the best Pakistanis regardless of their background. It will also have to court liberals domestically and international to rebuild its own image and the national image, to capitalize on domestic momentum.

The establishment will have to end the elite capture and open up industries for investment. New entrepreneurial talent and investment can form joint ventures with existing companies to become more globally competitive and boost exports. New firms should also be allowed to operate on equal footing. The example of the East Asian tigers will have to be studied closely, but cutting out inefficiencies and reducing corruption (such as nepotism) should allow funds to be used where they will generate the most growth and returns.

Pakistan is so inefficient in so many ways (like water use), that just bring in good management and capital can at least let us catch up to neighboring countries.

IK will have to use a 2/3 majority to do real structural changes. He is only mortal, but a change in the political landscape will be beneficial to all political parties in the long run as well as the elite, through a thriving economy (the value of the elites property and businesses will go up as the GDP per capita increases) and a populace focused on their work and no longer as much on politics.

Besides, a caretaker/technocratic/non-democratic government, if it rules for too long will be seen as a type of undeclared martial law. The only solution is one that strengths and works within the constitution

Thank you for a thoughtful post, with many good ideas. However, they all seem to be contingent on this key statement:

That’s why both sides (PTI and Establishment) need to get serious and frankly negotiate a new arrangement.

Please remind me if I have missed it, but is there any evidence at all, from either side, that they are willing to negotiate such an "new" arrangement any different than the "old" arrangement? If they cannot work with each other, none of your excellent ideas have any hope of being implemented.

Sir, Keeping in mind the current political situation and public sentiment, in your POV what is the solution or best course of action for Pakistan to get on right track?

Please see the above, thanks.

Establishment is khan , he has all the powers from the people of Pakistan which these GHQ dollar khor were enjoying once

"All the powers" he has were not enough to get the FIR he wanted. Obviously, he may need more than what he enjoys currently to be effective.

Too bad that's only possible if elections are held.
If, on other hand, someone naysayer wants to throw in the towel on the fighter's behalf, before the first round ends, well 🤷‍♂️

There is a defined legal timeline for the next elections, is there not?

What can the supporters do when their "fighter" says this?

I guess we have to find you a palantir so you can foresee if indeed Imran khan is going to fulfill his promises this time. Short of that, I see no end to your skepticism.

LOL. That skepticism can wait, and so can the palantir. Let the Great Leader actually win the next elections first, and show what results he gets.

Right right right.

The people better get it

BTW, wasn't the almighty establishment around in the last 8 months? How could have this happened on their watch?

The establishment has been around all along, not just for the last eight months, and it will be around just the same in the future as well. Is that too hard to get?

There is a defined legal timeline for the next elections, is there not?
Well, you seem to be getting your wish. They are talking of putting off elections indefinitely while a technocratic govt fixes the economy.

What can the supporters do when their "fighter" says this?

Right. I am supposed to drop/postpone my right to vote because he says so.

LOL. That skepticism can wait,
Can it?

The establishment has been around all along, not just for the last eight months, and it will be around just the same in the future as well. Is that too hard to get?
Has it now? So, what went wrong that the ultimate guarantor of Pakistan couldn't handle?
btw, if it's too hard to get, I was not asking whether or not Pakistan has an establishment,
but this part of your previous message that I quoted.

Has it now? So, what went wrong that the ultimate guarantor of Pakistan couldn't handle?

As far as I can tell, nothing has really gone wrong. What seems to be the issue? This situation is nothing that the establishment cannot handle in its own way. I may not agree with their solution, but they will provide one nonetheless.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom