What's new

Taliban Rejects All US Demands

Yes yes..all of that and yet the attacks continue..and the ANA does not seem to be as capable yet as the ISAF which is understandable given how young it is.

You do not think that post soviet withdrawal scenario is possible? How can one state that with surety?

Post soviet is incomparable there are alot of factors that totally isolates these two historic events; ANSF has secured more parts of Afghanistan in 3 years than the whole ISAF mission! can you just imagine how? they even don't have at least the 10% of over all ISAF military equipments with them but yet they are proved to be capable in a very short period insurgents have totally lost their ground and morale to fight ANSF face to face they rather use IEDS and suicide attacks which in no means have any affect to the security in general but didn't you read ISAF couldn't even secured their most important base (Bagram) last night! and ANSF unlike ISAF/NATO doesn't have any political agenda or interests on insurgents thus they have no mercy on them and are killing the insurgents like rats where ever they find them!

As I said recently, John Kerry has addressed Karzai's concern lately and assured Karzai that the Taliban flag and the board "Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan" have been removed from the Taliban office in Qatar!

Rest assured this process will end in no result if US goes all alone without considering Afghanistan's interest in between!

Clutching at straws, what? Here it is again since you cant seem to get it into your head...

Rasmussen said NATO is preparing a training mission for Afghanistan in 2015. "It will be a very different mission. A non-combat mission with a significantly lower number of troops."

NATO to hold 2014 summit on Afghanistan troop withdrawal | Reuters

Unfortunately, I had to scream at you since you just don't seem to get it. And secondly, don't call me son. You don't know me.

Look here son:

That presence would focus on supporting and training Afghan Army and national police forces, as well as on a narrower counterterrorism mission specifically hunting for high-value adversary leaders.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/23/world/asia/nato-plans-assistance-to-afghanistan-after-combat-role-ends.html?_r=0

Won't reply to this anymore, you keep being naive for all i care.

As I said recently, John Kerry has addressed Karzai's concern lately and assured Karzai that the Taliban flag and the board "Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan" have been removed from the Taliban office in Qatar!
!

Karazai is being childish. He is concerned with superficial stuff, while Afghanistan needs someone who can ignore childish things and bring Southern Pashtuns to be part of future government(s).

Why John Kerry has to address any thing for Karazai, when Karazai's own flesh and blood is sitting on the other side of the table.

This is precisely why countries go into deep $hit when they become utterly dependent on distant powers, while not being able to "peacefully" deal with their own flesh and blood.

Pathetic.

Rest assured this process will end in no result if US goes all alone without considering Afghanistan's interest in between!

How on earth you say US will goes all alone.

that's one of the most fing retard statement I have seen so far.

US has lost 1000s of its sons and daughters while defending Afghanistanis from other Afghanistanis.

US pays for Karazai and his government 110%.

And

now US is trying to bring a wayward group of Afghanistanis to come sit with and work with other Afghanistanis.

Then how on earth US is going alone, or even "could" go alone.

No wonder Afghanistan is in deep $hit for 50 years now. Because of childish Karazai, and his ignoramus supporters.

Sadly.

Karazai is being childish. He is concerned with superficial stuff, while Afghanistan needs someone who can ignore childish things and bring Southern Pashtuns to be part of future government(s).

Why John Kerry has to address any thing for Karazai, when Karazai's own flesh and blood is sitting on the other side of the table.

This is precisely why countries go into deep $hit when they become utterly dependent on distant powers, while not being able to "peacefully" deal with their own flesh and blood.

Pathetic.

How on earth you say US will goes all alone.

that's one of the most fing retard statement I have seen so far.

US has lost 1000s of its sons and daughters while defending Afghanistanis from other Afghanistanis.

US pays for Karazai and his government 110%.

And

now US is trying to bring a wayward group of Afghanistanis to come sit with and work with other Afghanistanis.

Then how on earth US is going alone, or even "could" go alone.

No wonder Afghanistan is in deep $hit for 50 years now. Because of childish Karazai, and his ignoramus supporters.

Sadly.

Ok sir I will vote for you elect your self for the next Afghan elections :)

Clutching at straws, what? Here it is again since you cant seem to get it into your head...

Rasmussen said NATO is preparing a training mission for Afghanistan in 2015. "It will be a very different mission. A non-combat mission with a significantly lower number of troops."

NATO to hold 2014 summit on Afghanistan troop withdrawal | Reuters

Unfortunately, I had to scream at you since you just don't seem to get it. And secondly, don't call me son. You don't know me.

NATO will say and plan many things but can they really do that not knowing what could happen between 2014-15. Fact is there is no easy way out for US and NATO.

Its is not difficult to understand desperation reached in such level that US is willing to sit down with foe that cost them thousands troops and trillion(s) of dollars over last 11 years. In place where gun power determines who is king, survival of Afghan govt is questionable to say the least. Post 2014, given US pull out, it will be Taleban who will dictate the kingship rather than current Afghan regime. From that understanding US wants to make some sort of compromise. But in addition to US own puppet (who is looking to be liability) Russia also wants to make sure US bogged down in Hidukush. So now what? US has to come back to Pakistan for a way out, more specifically convince Taliban. Well Pakistani brothers can expect some sweet talk coming from uncle in coming days. Hope Pakistan does not fall for it unless drone gets back where it belongs (I would not be explicit) and US answers for all Pakistani who are killed.

@peacefan
This comes down to possession power. Their military might is the source of their power, no matter how weak their weapons, this is what brought the USA to try talk.

The US embraces change when it needs to, and learns from their mistakes. So do the Russians, btw, I think at least. Not sure about the Chinese yet.

But anyway, the US understands like I do that in order to get muslim tribes off the terrorism habit, you have to offer them a career as a valid political party, and a school to learn that in :) Public statements like the one above are an important signal to the entire tribe that the leadership is changing their orders. It truly seems that the Taliban are now off in the international terrorism habit. That's a very good step. The Taliban giving the Americans public permission to drone-strike any terror training camp set up in the territories they get to administrate, is perhaps quite a few years away, but the sooner that one is written and can be safely put in western newspapers (genuinely coming from Taliban leadership), then we have another MAJOR point that'll allow people like _me_ to put pressure on Karzai to give the Taliban vast autonomy (except the schools for girls thing), and even a budget from national resources from the national government. A continued fair sharing of those profits among Afghans, and spending it on improving the standard of living (while not deviating from peaceful muslim values), is your task for the next 100 to 200 years at least, Afghans. Also, invest in higher education, so that you have a population who can make international money when your natural resources run out. Perhaps a recycling industry too?

If you believe that they care about the good of the Afghan you haven't been paying attention, to believe they will relinquish the source of their power for something temporary and ever changing like political influence is wishful thinking. In the end after the USA will leave they will have political power either way and probably join the government anyway, either by their name or by a puppet party. Check out Hezballah in Lebanon story.

Yep, I think that's a good thing. Now we need to mold them a bit.

So they said. Action speak louder than words...

Yea, a public statement to the outside world like that is only a confirmation to all the members of that tribe that the leadership ot the Taliban is changing positions on some points, as part of a power-sharing agreement that I'm advocating be developed further. Do you want to see endless civil war in Afghanistan, or foreign powers keeping Afghan tribes fighting eachother? I hope not.

They are fighting for control and power, they fight to force their way of life upon others and did so when they had the power to.

If the can restrict their power ambitions to their long held small Afghan areas, than they can administer those tribal regions as far as I'm concerned. So long as they're open to outside tips about how to move into the 21st century with dignity and respect from the rest of the world. You gotta adjust a little here and there, old-style muslims. Schools for girls in the tribal areas, administred by the Taliban, girls learning good housekeeping and not too many business or man-skills, is probably the most important point for the moment, and I think we can keep it at that for the next 20 years.

Or maybe you believe in USA claims they fight for democracy too?

I just revealed what I think the Americans are up to. Educating, pacifying the Taliban, and giving them a small territory to administer. "Don't start terror training camps against any foreign country" is the first and most important demand of all countries that have sent their troops to Afghanistan for the regime change mission.

I do agree that they are ethnic group and not an organization. I also agree that the current government does not represent the majority, but neither do the Taliban.

de-centralized rule and different but compatible laws in different parts of the country.

you wanna decentralize as much as possible.

without creating social tensions between different cities or areas of the country that can be pushed into civil war (by bad luck or foreign powers)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom