What's new

Taliban Expresses Interest In Joining China & Pakistan's $60 Billion CPEC Project

beijingwalker

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China
Taliban Expresses Interest In Joining China & Pakistan's $60 Billion CPEC Project
7th September, 2021 08:59 IST

The Taliban has expressed its desire to join the $60 billion China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC). Taliban spokesperson Zabiullah Mujahid on Monday expressed the terror group's interest in the strategic project, ANI quoted a report by Samaa News. The group has reportedly said that it will address Islamabad's concerns about Pakistan based terror group 'Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan' (TTP).

Taliban's interest in joining hands with China and Pakistan does not come as a major surprise. Several reports of the group's collusion with Pakistan have emerged since its takeover of Afghanistan. Most recently, the visit of Pakistan's ISI chief Faiz Hameed to Kabul drew ire especially since it was followed by a massive military offensive in Panjshir Valley, reportedly aided by the Pakistan Air Force.

While several Pakistani officials have met the Taliban, on Monday, China also became one of the first countries to interact with a Taliban delegation. Abdul Salam Hanafi, the deputy head of the Taliban political office in Qatar, met Chinese Ambassador to Afghanistan Wang Yu and discussed 'bilateral relations' in Kabul.

How does Afghanistan join CPEC?
The most important purpose of CPEC is to deliver the goods (mainly Iranian oil) from Gwadar Port in Pakistan to Kashgar (Kashgar oil pipeline) , Xinjiang, so the shorter the road, the better. Does the Taliban want CPEC to bypass Afghanistan?
Did the Taliban get B&R and CPEC wrong?

The most important purpose of CPEC is to deliver the goods (mainly Iranian oil) from Gwadar Port in Pakistan to Kashgar (Kashgar oil pipeline) , Xinjiang, so the shorter the road, the better. Does the Taliban want CPEC to bypass Afghanistan?
what they would propose is a way through to the central asian states.[/QUOTE]

They mean to say they want to use guwader port and roads which connect Afghanistan easy good access to sea routes

They want to utilize the infrastructure being built under the CPEC project in western Pakistan for their own trade i.e. link up the Afghan infrastructure network with CPEC.

I don't think neither Pakistan nor China would want to jeopardize the CPEC through the involvement of the Taliban regime. In the long term it could also affect the credibility of the belt and road initiative. At most they can get sea access through Gwadar.

Just imagine Afghanistan and Pakistan as one country and everything will be clearer.

CPEC's western route would be used to ship Afghan resources to China.
I don't think neither Pakistan nor China would want to jeopardize the CPEC through the involvement of the Taliban regime. In the long term it could also affect the credibility of the belt and road initiative. At most they can get sea access through Gwadar.

China gets access to Afghanistan through CPEC

Afghanistan gets access to sea via CPEC.

I can sense Indian pain.

Cry baby cry.

Just imagine Afghanistan and Pakistan as one country and everything will be clearer.

CPEC's western route would be used to ship Afghan resources to China.

China gets access to Afghanistan through CPEC

Afghanistan gets access to sea via CPEC.

I can sense Indian pain.

Cry baby cry.
I think you're Indian.

You don't worry

The tiny strip of Wakhan corridor can connect Pakistan to Central Asia so not CPEC but they could be part of greater belt and road initiative
British were nasty buggers who gave a small panhandle to Afghanistan just so they dont have to share a border with Tsarist Russia

The Wakhan corridor originally belonged to Chitral

The ideal is very good, but it is impolite to say that Afghanistan's state system has been predatory from ancient times to the present. Since ancient times, the main way for Afghanistan to obtain wealth is to plunder India and then distribute spoils. Only a strong man, who can unite all independent tribes and rob India together, can the Afghan system he established remain stable. However, with the development of modern science and technology, it is unrealistic to rob India. Afghanistan lacks the ability to create wealth and has no access to the sea. It is divorced from the modern industrial and commercial trade route. This is the essence of internal unrest and mutual killing in Afghanistan since the 20th century. My biggest feeling when I read the history of Afghanistan in the past 50 years is that the killing between political opponents will involve innocent families. Afghan politicians will kill the whole family of political enemies. I hope the Taliban can create a new political concept in Afghanistan and do not massacre the families of political enemies.

If Afghanistan joins CPEC than the ancient silk road is re-ethablished but nonetheless this is a great project where everyone will win

connecting uzbakistan through afghanistan would be beneficial for paksitan by all means as they are among leading cotton exporters and offer very cheap prices while paksitan textile sector is the main exporting sector of pakistan, beside that our pharma industry can grab their share in central asian market, coming back to china, Chinese companies and businesses in the country already said they are hoping to resume major cooperation projects that have been stalled for years due to instability and security concerns and american presence , once the situation stabilizes.

While some Chinese companies are involved in several major projects in Afghanistan, including the Aynak Copper Mine project, which is the second-largest copper mine in the world, MCC Group won the right to mine its deposits for 30 years in November 2007, and the contract was signed with the Afghan government in May 2008. But after many years, the project, which is about 19 miles (30.58 kilometer) from the capital of Kabul, has yet to start operation due to previous pro american afghan govt.

A major Chinese project in Afghanistan is the contract to develop oil fields Faryab and Sar-i-pul. Petrochina won the bid for $400 million in 2011 and signed a 25-year deal to drill in the field, but the project has been stalled and list goes on ... so involvement of afganistan in CEPEC would be beneficial for both china and paksitan

Back
Top Bottom