What's new

Taliban ask Imran to be mediator with Pak govt

I, personally, don't mind him at all, I only mind his sometimes over-the-top anti-Army stance in everything. If he is the only mediator, the end result will not be very beneficial for Pakistan (just my opinion), however, I see no wrong in including him in a mediation team.

Mmm. That sounds reasonable.

Imran Khan is the only politician in pakistan that i dont hate. hes done alot for his country. and although hes lost some popularity recently for his views on taliban

What could be the reason why he doesn't abandon his stance? I believe it's only the votes, which you ruled out.

What is the basis of this?

Well, what you are saying sounds good as a rhetoric but practically people in underdeveloped countries tend to look at things like that. And I feel his voice as a credible one on this matter. :agree:

Well, what you are saying sounds good as a rhetoric but practically people in underdeveloped countries tend to look at things like that. And I feel his voice as a credible one on this matter. :agree:

I did not undrestand what these comments have to do with my post.
You sure you are commenting on my post?

The fact that the Swat Taliban have asked for Imran Khan's mediation shows that they are not really 'pashtun nationalist' as such ( as perhaps some Indian and Western commentators would like the world to believe and perhaps feel happy about the divisions in Pakistan :P)

First reason bing that Imran Khan doesnt speak Pashtu and in 'kattar' pathan society if you dont speak Pashto you have effectively stopped being Pashtun so the Swat Taliban's choice of Imran Khan as a mediator shows that they are not really a pashtun nationalist group.

Second being that Iman Khan is from Mianwali and from the Niazi tribe. Minanwali is physically located in Punjab ( although Niazis are a Pashtun Tribe ) However again the 'kattar' pathan has an issue with this.

Also Imran Khan has a very Westernised past , a Jewish wife ( who covereted to Islam ) and in general has had a very liberal past. Its now that he has turned towards religon.

The fact that the Swat Taliban have reaced out to Imran Khan could also mean that their backs are really againt the wall.

It also remains to be seen how the ANP will view the role of Imran Khan in areas where they won the elections in the past.

Will they be allow the PTI ( Pakistan Tehreek i Insaf ) to gain popularity in Swat and perhaps in the next election challege them on seats that they have won in the previous elections.

So the role of Imran Khan in Swat has many strings attached to it.

I currently dont like Imran Khan's views as I feel he has shown disregard to the Armed Forces personel who have laid down their lives by tooting the talib trumpet but if he can bring about a permanent end to militancy in the region than its worth letting him try.

Back
Top Bottom