What's new

TALIBAN--AMERICAN AND CHINA

China is not particularly concerned about who controls Afghanistan. That is the internal affairs of Afghanistan. China will only negotiate about the future government of Afghanistan.
If the future government of Afghanistan are willing to cooperate, China can give aid and investment in Afghanistan, China can help the future of the Afghan government personnel training, For example, doctors, teachers, scientists, military officers, etc...
If the future government of Afghanistan do not want to cooperate with China, China only need to close the border, Afghanistan is Difficult to influence to China, We can ignore it.

About USA:
China is unwilling to participate in Afghanistan War, Because the Taliban did not attack us.
China will sell to American military goods, China supports the USA punished the Taliban in the UN, Because of Taliban support for East Turkistan, China will not support the Taliban.
But China will not provide the right of military passage for USA, Because China is not Japan and Germany.

Afghan war is something of Afghanistan people.
Afghan people should make their own choices, The Taliban or the Afghan government. Whatever the outcome, China has not interested to Interfering it. That is the internal affairs of Afghanistan.
When the war ended, China can negotiate with the Government of Afghanistan's future, to handle the problems between the two countries.

anything's possible, but an alliance of Taliban and US against China is very unlikely.

Taliban's goal is to take power in Afghanistan, China has never stood in the way. In fact, for the brief period when Taliban was in control of Afghanistan government, China and the Taliban had amicable relations and the two were doing good business.

But the American declared war on Taliban and they were bombed into hiding. So Americans are the obstacle that Taliban need to overcome if they ever want to regain control of Kabul.

Talibans to attack China with America won't happen. I think the articles below says alot of our relationships with our Islamic brothers. I can't say the same about the relationship they have with the west though and I don't want to bother looking for articles because many are too horrible for me to post. I don't want to have nightmares.

BBC NEWS | South Asia | Taleban release Chinese engineer

"Taleban militants in north-western Pakistan have released a Chinese engineer held hostage for more than five months.
A Taleban spokesman was quoted as saying the engineer was freed as a "goodwill gesture" to the Chinese.

The engineer, Long Xiaowei, arrived at China's embassy in Islamabad on Sunday and was in good health, a Chinese official said. "

BBC NEWS | Middle East | Chinese hostages released in Iraq

"The Islamic Resistance Movement, al-Numan Battalion, has decided to release the eight citizens as a goodwill gesture for the friendship between the two countries of Iraq and China," the militant said on the tape.

"They were not harmed during the period they were held and also they weren't exchanged for any amount of money," the rebel added.

What about the ones that are still in captivity or the ones who got killed? No goodwill gesture for them?

There are no Chinese Engineers in Taliban Custody at the present time in Pakistan. The last batch were rescued by the Pak Army in 2009. Besides the security for said engineers for CNLC, ZTE, Huawei etc has been increased to that offered to ministers.

There are no Chinese Engineers in Taliban Custody at the present time in Pakistan. The last batch were rescued by the Pak Army in 2009. Besides the security for said engineers for CNLC, ZTE, Huawei etc has been increased to that offered to ministers.

Good to hear this, I'm glad that Pakistan is taking such good care of our engineers. :cheers:

What about the ones that are still in captivity or the ones who got killed? No goodwill gesture for them?

That's the question you should be asking the West and the Taliban chiefs about. Why did they release Chinese and not the others as a gesture of good will?

That's the question you should be asking the West and the Taliban chiefs about. Why did they release Chinese and not the others as a gesture of good will?

If you really think its a goodwill gesture from Taliban then you are just naive. Yes it could very well be a good will gesture from the Pakistan Army to China, who ensured that the Taliban released the engineer.

Ideologies like Talibans are no ones friends or well wishers. The sooner all of us realize that, the sooner innocent people of Afghanistan will get to live a peaceful life. :cheers:

If you really think its a goodwill gesture from Taliban then you are just naive. Yes it could very well be a good will gesture from the Pakistan Army to China, who ensured that the Taliban released the engineer.

Ideologies like Talibans are no ones friends or well wishers. The sooner all of us realize that, the sooner innocent people of Afghanistan will get to live a peaceful life. :cheers:

Strawman argument.

Nobody claimed that they were "well wishers", what a strange argument. They support terrorism in China as well through the East Turkestan movement.

Of course Chinese people will be happy when our own people get released.

Strawman argument.

Nobody claimed that they were "well wishers", what a strange argument. They support terrorism in China as well through the East Turkestan movement.

Of course Chinese people will be happy when our own people get released.

Trust me am happy too that the engineer was released. He was just doing his job.

Of course there are elements of danger involved and no one should be naive to think that they can stroll into Iraq as they please and expect to be unharmed. What I am trying to say is, there is less need for Talibans to harm the relationships with China. China was one of the ones who went against the Iraq invasion in the first place. This war was an unilateral between America and the UK. I do agree with you that our Pakistan brothers did and will still do their best to protect our people.

Taliban was an American doing to begin with. CIA trained them and used them to achieve their political objectives and to create excuses for war. Sooner people figure that out and kick out the Americans and remove puppet governments the better.

Back
Top Bottom