What's new

Taliban 2.0 - By Cyril Almeda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bon ami , the abrupt withdrawal of a BZD results in deaths or serious psychiatric disorders mimicking symptoms . Do you understand what I mean ?

There in Rome , it might be possible that Nero was only fiddling while the city burnt , here in Pakistan the Neros of today are actually trying to fight fire with gasoline .

Yes Sir, I do understand only too well.

It is people like this in the thread below who are paying the price, but we would rather try to sling mud over any trivial crap that we can find about what is happening on the other side of the world instead of in our own cities?

Worrying signs

It’s hard to be so cynical as to believe that people in urban centres would rather subject themselves to the ignominy of begging than finding employment. If the levels of urban poverty and unemployment have indeed reached such levels that those who can read and write can’t find work, there is indeed reason to worry about the future.

It is people like this in the thread below who are paying the price, but we would rather try to sling mud over any trivial crap that we can find about what is happening on the other side of the world instead of in our own cities?

Hey hey hey !

Dont care ! Why should we worry , after all the Americans are defeated in Afghanistan , their economy is on the verge of decline and they are ruined ? Isn't that enough to keep us happy ? Something , deep inside , tells me , that yes it is .

Hey hey hey !

Dont care ! Why should we worry , after all the Americans are defeated in Afghanistan , their economy is on the verge of decline and they are ruined ? Isn't that enough to keep us happy ? Something , deep inside , tells me , that yes it is .

Something tells me that the americans plus their allies and their billions worth of war equipment would have helped in ridding you of whatever ails you now - only if you had not "double gamed" them. Missed opportunity.

Hey hey hey !

While we rejoice, the real tragic shame lies in our failure to educate our children:

What matters more: Education or Cricket?

While we rejoice, the real tragic shame lies in our failure to educate our children:

What matters more: Education or Cricket?
Is education a boon or a curse in a country that cannot provide jobs for the educated?
Have you thought about this question.

In India, unemployement is higher in the educated than the uneducated. This is because while the uneducated are willing to do manual labour and/or small jobs, the educated are not. The kind of jobs they want or need, the State is unable to provide. Meanwhile being educated and exposed to the world, they harbour aspirations of the rich and it frustrates them on not being able to achieve them.

The result is increasing crime in India.

I ask again - have you thought about these aspects in a State (Pakistan), which has even lower capacities to generate jobs for the educated compared to India? Delve deep, question the axiom that education is always good regardless of the situation.

No its not just plain deception my friend . Did you notice that the video released by TTP claiming that they have beheaded 23 FC men is in Pashtu !! Both the people in the video (Omer Khorasani & Ihsan Ullah Ihsan) can speak Urdu and previously have recorded their messages in Urdu !! Then why Pashtu this time ? was this message supposed to be for the whole country or was it for Pakhtuns ?

Is he trying to tell the Pashtun that the continuation of violence against their kith and kin is the responsibility of the government and PA , not him?

There’s a strong possibility of that. The Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf, which rules KPK has, obliquely, managed to introduce this sentiment. It is voiced by the PTI-affiliated Pashtun youth on social media – i.e., it is the Punjabi-dominated Army that is responsible for continued bloodshed

Cyril is right ... The TTP 2.0 is much smarter my friend and they have proved to be very good manipulators so far
Mr. Khomeni TTP is most of its literature and media in pashto since 2007, why it is surprising for you in this case?. Taliban (infact pashtuns in general) can express themeselves in more strong and convincing manner in their mother tongue and for some reason we are not fluent in urdu. Thats why TTP literature and media is mostly in pashto. And yea their target audiance is mostly pashtuns. Moreover umar media of TTP also is shared by afghan taliban whose national langauge is pashto.

Mr. Khomeni TTP is most of its literature and media in pashto since 2007, why it is surprising for you in this case?. Taliban (infact pashtuns in general) can express themeselves in more strong and convincing manner in their mother tongue and for some reason we are not fluent in urdu. Thats why TTP literature and media is mostly in pashto. And yea their target audiance is mostly pashtuns. Moreover umar media of TTP also is shared by afghan taliban whose national langauge is pashto.

What is Khomeni ? and read the post again . And if you are some racist , I cant help you

Its so true that the TTP are running circles around the GOP and your media folks and their political guests in their chat shows are so confused that its shocking.

Lets look at an example, Imran Khan was the heart throbe of the Pakistani youth (50% of pakistani population) and the pakistani expats and look at what the TTP has reduced their icon into.

Another example is clearly the pro and anti division in the media, clergy, population, experts, politicians and the security forces that the talibanis have so effectively, not only caused but also have utilised to their benefit.

I hear people are actually justifying attacks on cinemas and on security forces...I also hear some pakistani expert say that, during talks attacks are justified because even during the peak of the world wars, the lleaders were still talking to each other.

I am surely surprised and a bit worried of what these cavemen are capable of achieving, and am surprised at the level they have stooped GOP. - its a bit scary.

Syrian war has taught them how to fight a war against a nation.

The author is right...they have you by the scruff of your necks.

And this must give you really good orgasms I see......:angry:

I stand by what I say above.
My point above was to stop Cyril in his track with his defeatist thesis about Taliban's objectives being met by selective targeting. I don't think that stage has come yet where TTP has advanced too far ahead strategically or ideologically over the State of Pakistan. It is true that Punjab has been spared the worst violence. But I also think by targeting the Punjabi-dominated armed forces a backlash is, nonetheless, brewing in Punjab against the TTP. I foresee PMLN going after TTP with full force.

BTW, it it not unpatriotic to point out ethnic dimensions of conflicts. In this vein I will add that there is a reason why the violence is worst in K-P: A combination of war in Afghanistan and fundamentalist tribal culture in parts of K-P. Interior Sindh has been spared of this because it lacks these two powerful ingredients. TTP's terrorism has as much to do with a very twisted interpretation of Islam as it is a tribal/ethnic backlash to the violence that ethnic group has been subjected to since 2001.

BTW, it it not unpatriotic to point out ethnic dimensions of conflicts.
Indeed not, and whereas many wont like to appreciate it at this point of time, this dimension does exist and in its obvious form in cities like Islamabad, Chakwal, Lahore, and Karachi. These cities are literally surrounded by Afghan settlements, and all sorts of criminals and terrorists call these settlements home. Slowly but gradually articles are being published on this issue and the GoP has to take this seriously. It would of-course be a gross generalization to say that every TTP associate is a pashtoon or every pashtoon is a TTP terrorist, but there is no denial in that an overwhelming majority of TTP associates is indeed Pashtoon. A majority of their sympathizers such as Sami ul Haque, Fazal ur Rahman, Professor Ibrahim, Saleem Safi, and countless others are also Pashtoon. The Shariah TTP is talking about is also the one that is found in the most backward tribal areas of Pakistan and Afghanistan. If you look closely, they are not talking about the imposition of shariah, but their medieval tribal way of life, which either they believe or pretend, is shariah for them. Now why the non-pashtoon clerics are supporting pashtoon-dominated TTP? Because for a very long time, they are dreaming to rule Pakistan, and it suits them to align (more politically than ideologically) with ruthless TTP to realize their dream.

@syedali73 ,
Good point about as to why the other religious parties are piggy-backing on the TTP Sharia imposition.

I was in Karachi a few weeks go. Stayed there two brief of a time to really understand what was going on. But here are a couple of first hand accounts:
1) Encounter with a Pushtoon working in a textile mill. He was from K-P and was migrant worker. He was adamant that the atrocities done by the Talibans are from the 'security agencies'. He did use 'security agencies' in English though he could barely even speak Urdu.
2) Account of two household servants. One from K-P and one from Punjab. The K-P guy called Pakistani State a 'Harami' nation because women are not covered in large parts of Pakistan. He wanted imposition of Sharia. The Punjabi guy retorted back and called this guy a Harami for calling Pakistan Harami.

This is probably the tip of the iceberg of how a culture which is perhaps the most conservative part of Pakistan is channeling its backlash (from the violence since 2001) by using religion as a tool of violence and a tool to grab power. In the process, very sadly, more Pashtuns have been slaughtered by these tribal Neanderthals than any other ethnic group.

PS. If you have followed today's news then you must have noticed that how the 'peace process' is again stalled. So much so for Cyril's Taliban 2.0 not overplaying their cards. Ha ha ha h! Cyril = defeatism.

@Meengla: Following are pearls of wisdom form a friend (ma'r e a'steen), which shed some light on what you have been referring to:

Control your hatred for pashtuns........you should know that in durand line agreement 1893 it was decided between British and kabul that people living within 5 miles range on either side of durand line wont need documents to cross border.......the problem is not with pashtun tribes, the problem lies in British's durand line....an attempt of british raj at that time to weaken the pashtun highlanders, who were troubling them the most, by dividing various tribes into two countries.....read the history, pashtuns rose in huge rebellion against durand line demarcation in 1897 from swat to chaman....Blame british for this un-natural border, not us as it was imposed on us.

juma juma aat din nahi howay tujey.....abey newbie kya expose kar lia? members here know my view points, i am very repetitive. Dont need to get diarrheal over my views on durand line, tribesmen on both sides of durand dont see any wall dividing them, they are crossing it freely since thousands of years...45 to 50% of livelihood of tribals depend upon trade with afghanistan, if you try to fence and mine border , you are definately going to see a blacklash. Your racist side might say that these tribals should migrate to afghanistan, they are traitors....but remember we are not biharis of 1971, these are our lands since thousands of years, we died in thousands while defending our lands from constant invasions from central asia, we decide about our soil.....

No doubt should remain that ethnicity factor is indeed involved here.

Is education a boon or a curse in a country that cannot provide jobs for the educated?
Have you thought about this question.

In India, unemployement is higher in the educated than the uneducated. This is because while the uneducated are willing to do manual labour and/or small jobs, the educated are not. The kind of jobs they want or need, the State is unable to provide. Meanwhile being educated and exposed to the world, they harbour aspirations of the rich and it frustrates them on not being able to achieve them.

The result is increasing crime in India.

I ask again - have you thought about these aspects in a State (Pakistan), which has even lower capacities to generate jobs for the educated compared to India? Delve deep, question the axiom that education is always good regardless of the situation.

It all depends on the types of jobs. There is no doubt in my mind that the 21st century will see the rise of those nations that are well-educated for the global economy. The days of relying on low quality labor to form the basis of a national economy will soon be over.

It all depends on the types of jobs. There is no doubt in my mind that the 21st century will see the rise of those nations that are well-educated for the global economy. The days of relying on low quality labor to form the basis of a national economy will soon be over.
I am sorry but I strongly disagree with you.

What you propound is what we have practiced in India for the better part of 2.5 decades.
That India would be the first and one of the few countries in the world who skip the massively polluting and degrading/demeaning/low wage factories stage of development and jump straight to the services sector.

This thought was firmly ingrained in the minds of policymakers for as long.

Today, we realize, we committed the biggest mistake possible. We realize that to create $1 in services sector requires lesser number of people than to create the same amount by manufacturing.

And so...we are left with a massive number of people who are unemployed, who cannot be absorbed by the Services sector.

And look at China, they chose the other route - the conventional route. And they have tasted better success than us.

Today, in case you donot know - we are literally running after increasing manufacturing sector in India. Our biggest projects since independence have been launched, the biggest loans and grants taken from sources as different as WB and Japan, just for one goal - create a manufacturing sector.

Why do you think that is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom