What's new

TAKES TWO TO TANGO

Windjammer

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Guys, PAF currently has a fleet of upgraded Mirages, new version F-7s,
older F-16s with new ones anticipated, the JF-17s entering squadron service and the J-10 very much on the cards. Once the JF-17 is in strength, the A-5 will undoubtedly be phased out.
The dilemna with this inventory is that all these aircraft are single engine.

With the exception of say Mirage-2000 and the Grippen, the spearhead is lead by the likes of F/A 18, Eurofighter Typhoon, Rafael, F-15 and even the Russians have geared up with the SU-30 and MIG-29.
All these birds have on thing in common, they are all twin engine toys.
Even India, Pakistan's arch rival seems to be following this trend as most of it's front line strength consists of twin engine aircraft.
Saudi Arab operates the Tornado, F-15 Eagle and now the Typhoon in similar configuration, Australia and Swiss, both former Mirage operators and with somewhat same environment as Pakistan have opted for the F/A-18s. Pakistan does have the experience of operating twin engine fighters in the form of F-6 and currently A-5, the modern day dual engine fighters may have increased in size but it assures that extra bit safety. Shouldn't Pakistan fluctuate it's present scenario and go for something like Rafael or even the Hornet.?

Hello:

Thanks for the post , the idea is really nice and we have discussed it many times earlier .

Main problem is $$$$$ if we get money we would even buy F-35 , or Eurofighters , Rafales etc.

Economy must go wel to generate revenue for this kind of hardware at the moment it does not seem to be happening:no:

Regards:

Hello:

Thanks for the post , the idea is really nice and we have discussed it many times earlier .

Main problem is $$$$$ if we get money we would even buy F-35 , or Eurofighters , Rafales etc.

Economy must go wel to generate revenue for this kind of hardware at the moment it does not seem to be happening:no:

Regards:
You are welcome dear and thanks for your kind remarks. My inquiry is
that at one time Pakistan was in process of ordering several squadrons of the Block-52s, for the same effort it could raise a squadron of other subjects. As you can see i am quite new, hence missed all the previous fun.

You are welcome dear and thanks for your kind remarks. My inquiry is
that at one time Pakistan was in process of ordering several squadrons of the Block-52s, for the same effort it could raise a squadron of other subjects. As you can see i am quite new, hence missed all the previous fun.

you are welcome!

Pakistan has given up the effort to aquire anymore F16's simply 18 are the last ones with our flag on their tails.
18 more are on the cards, but shall we not go for FC20's?.

Please get intouch with F16 thread and Jf17thunder thread in Military aviation section.
And please post your introduction in memebers introduction forum if you have'nt done it yet . So that we can welcome you formaly.:pakistan:

you are welcome!

Pakistan has given up the effort to aquire anymore F16's simply 18 are the last ones with our flag on their tails.
18 more are on the cards, but shall we not go for FC20's?.

Please get intouch with F16 thread and Jf17thunder thread in Military aviation section.
And please post your introduction in memebers introduction forum if you have'nt done it yet . So that we can welcome you formaly.:pakistan:
Hi sport, i belive there is news that China has agreed to sell 36 J-10s.
Rumor was also circulating that PAF is also looking into the J-11 for martime strike role.
I guess it will take me a while to get accustomed to the forum, however i did relay a brief introduction of myself yesterday.

older F-16s with new ones anticipated, the JF-17s entering squadron service and the J-10 very much on the cards. Once the JF-17 is in strength, the A-5 will undoubtedly be phased out.

With the exception of say Mirage-2000 and the Grippen, the spearhead is lead by the likes of F/A 18, Eurofighter Typhoon, Rafael, F-15 and even the Russians have geared up with the SU-30 and MIG-29.
Even India, Pakistan's arch rival seems to be following this trend as most of it's front line strength consists of twin engine aircraft.
Saudi Arab operates the Tornado, F-15 Eagle and now the Typhoon in similar configuration, Australia and Swiss, both former Mirage operators and with somewhat same environment as Pakistan have opted for the F/A-18s. Pakistan does have the experience of operating twin engine fighters in the form of F-6 and currently A-5, the modern day dual engine fighters may have increased in size but it assures that extra bit safety. Shouldn't Pakistan fluctuate it's present scenario and go for something like Rafael or even the Hornet.?

I guess people are sometimes lost in the numerical analysis......I still remeber some posters giving MIG-21 an edge due to Mach 2 top speed and BVR missile...........yes the biggest issue with single engine is reliability..........the Use of twin engine is to address this issue primarily..............nothing much.............it also gives the heavy fighter speed and lift........we should know that its the design,Avionics, Agility and quality hardware that are required for a small, agile fighters..............Maintaining Twin Engines is a nightmare and shoots up the cost as well.....if twin engine is the big thing then J-10 should've not busted the J-11..........which it did.

F16 is a Superb Aircraft. Pakistan has Great experience in flying them. This is no genuine concern than Twin Finned Fighters are a Must for complete Air Supremacy.
You Must have the Capability to Operate,Maintain and Upgrade the Systems.
Now if F/A 18 or MKIs were there in PAF, It would have increased the Cost all together.

Now, regarding ur Twin Fins.. in The Indian MMRCA, EU Typhoon is the Most Lethal Plane and Its Single Finned.

Sometimes, "a needle is better than sword"

F16 is a Superb Aircraft. Pakistan has Great experience in flying them. This is no genuine concern than Twin Finned Fighters are a Must for complete Air Supremacy.
You Must have the Capability to Operate,Maintain and Upgrade the Systems.
Now if F/A 18 or MKIs were there in PAF, It would have increased the Cost all together.

Now, regarding ur Twin Fins.. in The Indian MMRCA, EU Typhoon is the Most Lethal Plane and Its Single Finned.

Sometimes, "a needle is better than sword"
"Thank you"
The debate here is for twin engine nothing to do with tails.

what are your perceived benefits of twin engine
One Example,

After inducting the F-6 into the PAF, ACM Noor Khan as always leading from the front was conducting a rocket attack exercise, he was so low that one of the rocket splinters ricocheted and knocked out one of the engines on the F-6 however he managed to recover on the other engine. Historians are certain that in a single engine aircraft and at such level, he simply wouldn't have managed an escape.
As i said earlier, with the exception of the F-16, Gripen and perhaps the Mirage-2000, the West is mostly focused on twin engine planes.

One Example,

After inducting the F-6 into the PAF, ACM Noor Khan as always leading from the front was conducting a rocket attack exercise, he was so low that one of the rocket splinters ricocheted and knocked out one of the engines on the F-6 however he managed to recover on the other engine. Historians are certain that in a single engine aircraft and at such level, he simply wouldn't have managed an escape.
As i said earlier, with the exception of the F-16, Gripen and perhaps the Mirage-2000, the West is mostly focused on twin engine planes.
I am with you dude PAF must have two to four squardns of twin engine jets ideally Rafale or Typhoon anyone out of these two will done wonders for PAF and for Pakistan.

Yes one more thing for total Air Supermecy twin engines are must because of thier extra payload, wider extra coverage of area in one single flight etc...............

Yeah sure. We should have F22's :P
C'mon guys, the people sitting on top aren't stupid. Don't forget Twin engines are also expensive to maintain.

One Example,

Agreed, but lets take Japan F-2 (based on Viper thus SEng) is mainly trusted with maritime patrol. They could also go for twinengines as usually twins are deployed for oversea operations but F-2 are doing their job very well

I am with you dude PAF must have two to four squardns of twin engine jets ideally Rafale or Typhoon anyone out of these two will done wonders for PAF and for Pakistan.

Yes one more thing for total Air Supermecy twin engines are must because of thier extra payload, wider extra coverage of area in one single flight etc...............

Indeed, but more so for Martime strike roles a twin engine is a must as history tells us that when an F-104 pilot bailed out over the sea, he was unable to be rescued.

People, i didn't want to open a new thread for inquires hence,

I have come across information that Pakistan is showing interest in the
new Chinese J-11 aircraft which is supposedly derived from the Russian SU-27 Flanker. Can you guys shed some light on this.

Back
Top Bottom