What's new

TAKES TWO TO TANGO

People, i didn't want to open a new thread for inquires hence,

I have come across information that Pakistan is showing interest in the
new Chinese J-11 aircraft which is supposedly derived from the Russian SU-27 Flanker. Can you guys shed some light on this.

The idea that two engines are better is not exactly true.Given the economic conditions and the international market available to the Pakistani's it is best to stick with the single engine as replacements and costs are less the advantages of a twin engined fighter are many but only countries witch are able to financially maintain them should go fro them ,sadly you people don't have that kind of cash.Since Pakistan depends a lot on american funds and as such it would be better to go for more Single engine fighters.:smokin: [The cash comment are not meant to insult but im just pointing out the condition of your economy]

Pakistan will be going for J11...my friend is a squaren leader in Pakistan airforce and while talking to him...he accepted that Pakistan will be having something similar to SU30 but accepted in a very hidden manner as if he dont wanna talk abt it....i did not further inquired it as it is not right to ask something he dont wanna tell

The idea that two engines are better is not exactly true.Given the economic conditions and the international market available to the Pakistani's it is best to stick with the single engine as replacements and costs are less the advantages of a twin engined fighter are many but only countries witch are able to financially maintain them should go fro them ,sadly you people don't have that kind of cash.Since Pakistan depends a lot on american funds and as such it would be better to go for more Single engine fighters.:smokin: [The cash comment are not meant to insult but im just pointing out the condition of your economy]
Buddy, we inducted F-6s(Twin Engine) when over half India was spending the night without a meal (1966) Your first worthwhile twin engine machine was the Jaguar(No malign to HF-24) which Pakistan was originally going for but the Americans were adamant to sell the A-7, in the end neither materialized due to Pakistan's nuclear pursuit.
It was the induction of the F-16s by the PAF in early 80s that set panic in India and it went berserk in purchasing to settle it's rattled nerves, first the Mirage-2000 and then MIG-29, still unsure of meeting the PAF's capability, it went over the top in acquiring the SU-30s. Although Belarus and Ukraine did offer to sell the Fulcrum and Flanker, it did not meet PAF's requirements and it still pursued the F-16. At one time UK also offered the Typhoon and a former PAF Chief took a familiarization flight, it was found that the makers haven't perfected the voice activation system hence it too was declined.
If we can maintain a progressive nuclear and missile programme, reportedly more advanced than your smiling Buddha, and if our subways, overhead bridges and footpaths are virtually clear of any night dwellers, then we are quite capable of providing the best to defend the country frontiers. :cool::smokin:

Back
Top Bottom