What's new

Taiwan's armed forces capable of deterring China: Minister

China is only superior over Taiwan in numbers of soldiers and firepower. In terms of technology, China and Taiwan are equal, although it looks like China is going ahead.

A Chinese invasion of Taiwan is just a wet dream for the war mongers in Washington DC.

Equal? Taiwan's military technology is inferior to Pakistan, let alone China.

They can't build sh1t without buying the outdated craps from US.

Defeating Taiwan is a lot tougher than defeating India. India is the easiest to beat.

If China is a tiger, then killing India is like to kill a cow, while killing Taiwan is like to kill a rat.

They are both harmless to the tiger, but to kill a cow requires a lot of energy.

If anyone pays attention to current Taiwanese politics, you'd know that most Taiwanese people are actually quite...resentful to say the least, of the United States and even Japan. The Diaoyutai dispute has taken its toll. I'd say many of them favor reunification willingly.

If there is real war, many KMT high ranking officials will defect to China causing massive instability in Taiwan military division because KMT controls the army.

the problem with that is China has over 3 trillion dollars to play around with, and a war with Taiwan would be over with quite quickly. All Taiwan has to do is stall, but they neither have the military capability nor the manpower and money to stall long enough for China to reconsider; In fact, trying to stall might just annoy China enough to go all out and end the war quickly.

But again, we are only talking about a hypothetical situation. In reality, nothing goes according to plan.

As the Russians say "You don't have to be good, you just have to be good enough".

You need to ask yourselve this, why Switzerland managed to stay Neutral during the whole WW2 even tho they were absolutely no match to the Nazi?

Contrast to the case as in Sweden, Switzerland have a land border with Germany and German could be overhelming Switzerland's defence anytime when you compare the 2 millions Wehrmacht against the tiny state of Switzerland, who can only muster 400,000 men.

If you know the answer to this question, you will know why.

You need to ask yourselve this, why Switzerland managed to stay Neutral during the whole WW2 even tho they were absolutely no match to the Nazi?

Contrast to the case as in Sweden, Switzerland have a land border with Germany and German could be overhelming Switzerland's defence anytime when you compare the 2 millions Wehrmacht against the tiny state of Switzerland, who can only muster 400,000 men.

If you know the answer to this question, you will know why.

Wait, Germany actually planned to invade Switzerland, but D-Day pretty much put the entire operation on hold. It had nothing to do with the strength of the Swiss, but rather the war in the western front.

With Sweden, it was because the Swedes gave major concessions to the Germans.

So unless you're trying to say that Taiwan should either give some concessions to the mainland, or that a foreign intervention would stop any form of aggression, I don't have any idea what your trying to say.

Humor me, what is the answer?

One thing what surprises me is these Asian countries hate each other. I mean Korean hates Chinese who hate Japanese. Pretty much everyone hates Japanese. Vietnamese are now sucking up to the Americans and the Taiwanese think America will save them. God knows what is with these Asian guys, Chinese are good fellows, extremely business savvy and brutal in finances but good friends.

One thing what surprises me is these Asian countries hate each other. I mean Korean hates Chinese who hate Japanese. Pretty much everyone hates Japanese. Vietnamese are now sucking up to the Americans and the Taiwanese think America will save them. God knows what is with these Asian guys, Chinese are good fellows, extremely business savvy and brutal in finances but good friends.

We don't hate each other for no reason, look at all the territory disputes and past wars. Also, don't think that the people on this forum is a good example to all. I've known plenty of Indians, Vietnamese and Chinese getting along perfectly fine in my school.

The point isn't to make Taiwan win a war against China; that's just impossible due to China's sheer population, natural resources and spending power. The point is to make war too expensive for China so they would be less motivated to try anything against Taiwan.

You do realize that Taiwan is afloat solely because mainland is purposely over-importing from Taiwan right? That is on top of the astronomical gap between army morale and resources. The fact is, mainland doesn't even need military to put pressure on Taiwan.

We don't hate each other for no reason, look at all the territory disputes and past wars. Also, don't think that the people on this forum is a good example to all. I've known plenty of Indians, Vietnamese and Chinese getting along perfectly fine in my school.

I do not dislike Vietnamese people, I personally know very few in the U.S., but I do think it's pitiful and almost amusing, no offense, how the Vietnamese government tries to oppose China. What does Vietnam expect to gain but China's enmity?

They hate us because they fear our power.

you views on this @faithfulguy

This is a political question, not a military question. A political question because Taiwan has no Brahmos, so it has no hope.

I do not dislike Vietnamese people, I personally know very few in the U.S., but I do think it's pitiful and almost amusing, no offense, how the Vietnamese government tries to oppose China. What does Vietnam expect to gain but China's enmity?

Its one thing to talk the talk. Another matter when push comes to shove. Vietnam would not engage in an actual war with China. The real weapons of 21st century is economic power. And Vietnam is very weak in this front.

Last edited by a moderator:

Agreed, this forum is not good example of what actually happens out in the real world. The belligerent nationalists here (no matter what country they claim to represent) have no power. They come here to vent, because that's all they can do. Where I'm from and go to school, Indians, Chinese and Vietnamese get along just fine for the most part.

Back
Top Bottom