What's new

Taiwanese citizens discriminated by Chinese in Australia

And if that is a violation of local laws, then have the balls to suffer the consequences. But I doubt that you are ever that brave once you find out your business would be in jeopardy. What if the local population decides to side with your employee and boycott your business? What if the local Taiwanese community decides to protest outside your business? You think you can withstand the publicity?
Go ahead then, I'll shut off the business and start a new one. I don't like Taiwanese. They are facist in nature.

LOL - no. Maybe that's what they write in Mao's Little Red Book. Meanwhile, in the civilized democratic world - India accepts Chinese refugees who are recognized as refugees by the United Nation Human Rights Commission - UNHRC. CIA slave? Hahahahaha - we all know Mao licked Nixon's feet after the Soviet-Sino split and who has been a stooge of the imperialists - why do you think the US facilitated the transfer of the seat from Taiwan to PRC? As far as 1962 is concerned - Congrats. In your entire history, winning a minor border skirmish and then unilaterally withdrawing is truly the highlight of your military prowess.

Please continue to enjoy living in your civilized democratic world and leave us primitive countries China, Vietnam or Russia alone. India, Haiti, Phillipines, Siera Leone, Bangladesh, Ethiopia, Liberia, Gambia .... the list of shining civilized democratic countries are endless.

Last edited:
LOL - no. Maybe that's what they write in Mao's Little Red Book. Meanwhile, in the civilized democratic world - India accepts Chinese refugees who are recognized as refugees by the United Nation Human Rights Commission - UNHRC. CIA slave? Hahahahaha - we all know Mao licked Nixon's feet after the Soviet-Sino split and who has been a stooge of the imperialists - why do you think the US facilitated the transfer of the seat from Taiwan to PRC? As far as 1962 is concerned - Congrats. In your entire history, winning a minor border skirmish and then unilaterally withdrawing is truly the highlight of your military prowess.
The Chinese don't think anything being remarkable about swatting a greedy land lusting pest in 1962.
That's why most Chinese have no inkling of the 1962 war, and that include Singaporeans as well.

Speaking of UNSC seat, how is India begging for a seat going so far.?
No need for India to beg Iran for support, truly pathetic as Iran has no say in it.

What does "Chinese" mean to you? It refers to a nationality, which is essentially a sociopolitical construct sculpted by government-drawn boundary lines and one's endearment to a particular group of people. It does not refer to "race" or "ethnicity" because the three operate independently of each other. Nationality has its roots in the beliefs, governance, economics, and most importantly politics of a certain cohort of individuals, and in this regard mainland PRC and Taiwan/ROC are two different & distinct nations.

Sure, you can go ahead and claim that they might be of the same "race" and bring up all sorts of talk on DNA haplogroups and whatnot, but then you would ditch the terms "China" or "Taiwan" and discuss purely in terms of ethnic groups (Han, Manchu, Mongol, Caucasian, etc.).

Do you know what is ROC? it is "Republic of China". So what are they if you don't call them Chinese?

And why do we, Chinese descendants from all over the world still call Ourselves Chinese? We are not People Republic of China nor Republic of China's Citizen, but we call ourselves Chinese, and other people call us Chinese, too. So why is that? Why nobody call us as Han, Manchu, Mongol, or others? But instead they call us Chinese?

That's because the term of Chinese is no longer to be considered as a mere citizen of a country called People Republic of China or Republic of China. But also as Identity and culture, and of course, ethnicity. It started with Sanguinis Citizenship belief in the past. But today, it become more of Identity, culture, and Ethnicity. Basically we don't care about PRC as a country. Even if CCP is collapse tomorrow and the country become another type of country, We still call ourselves Chinese.

So @Menthol is not wrong; he's right. They're Chinese who live in Taiwan. Not a Taiwanese. While people who live in China Mainland are Chinese who live in China. Because there is no Taiwanese, only Chinese.

Last edited:
Do you know what is ROC? it is "Republic of China". So what are they if you don't call them Chinese?

And why do we, Chinese descendants from all over the world still call Ourselves Chinese? We are not People Republic of China nor Republic of China's Citizen, but we call ourselves Chinese, and other people call us Chinese, too. So why is that? Why nobody call us as Han, Manchu, Mongol, or others? But instead they call us Chinese?

That's because the term of Chinese is no longer to be considered as a mere citizen of a country called People Republic of China or Republic of China. But also as Identity and culture, and of course, ethnicity. It started with Sanguinis Citizenship belief in the past. But today, it become more of Identity, culture, and Ethnicity. Basically we don't care about PRC as a country. Even if CCP is collapse tomorrow and the country become another type of country, We still call ourselves Chinese.

So @Menthol is not wrong; he's right. They're Chinese who live in Taiwan. Not a Taiwanese. While people who live in China Mainland are Chinese who live in China. Because there is no Taiwanese, only Chinese.
I was quite surprised he made such a senseless point! It’s Chinese is a term similar to European or African. A white Australian person is always european, Europe does not refer to a country or Nationality, but to a geographical location with similar culture even more distinct than those between PRC and ROC citizens. “Chinese is not a citizen of any country”, but instead an ethnic, cultural and geagrapgical discription of people whose ancestors cam from the empire or a group of people who decent from the fabled yellow emperor.

The Chinese don't think anything being remarkable about swatting a greedy land lusting pest in 1962.
That's why most Chinese have no inkling of the 1962 war, and that include Singaporeans as well.

Speaking of UNSC seat, how is India begging for a seat going so far.?
No need for India to beg Iran for support, truly pathetic as Iran has no say in it.
Lol. As I said, it is the highlight of Chinese civilization to win a minor skirmish when technically war was never even formally declared. India has the goodwill of most nations - of course countries like Pak, NK and China are not but that's fine.

You can talk tough because you have nothing to lose. Likewise, if you ever meet a Taiwanese, I doubt you would have the courage to talk tough to him/her the way you do on an anonymous Internet forum.
I would, no doubt. I'm dead serious, what they did is unacceptable.

I simply suggest them not to employ Taiwanese.

That means you guys have no right to complain if the US discriminates against Chinese cell phones or even hire ethnic Chinese -- if you guys applaud what happened to this Taiwanese woman.
It's in Australia, not in USA.

What did the waitress do? She claimed to be Taiwanese. How does that affect a business in Australia?
She can get another job. There are things that are worst than being fired. If she had hatred towards mainland Chinese, then she should quit. Unlike her, the mainland Chinese isn't a hypocrite.

She can get another job. There are things that are worst than being fired. If she had hatred towards mainland Chinese, then she should quit. Unlike her, the mainland Chinese isn't a hypocrite.
Most likely, when she applied for the waitress position, her being Taiwanese and the employer being Chinese were the least in her mind. The fact that she was EMPLOYED means her boss knew she is Taiwanese but decided to fire her only because a customer had a problem with it. The fact that she was employed meant she did not care who her employer was.

Think...!!!

Lol. As I said, it is the highlight of Chinese civilization to win a minor skirmish when technically war was never even formally declared. India has the goodwill of most nations - of course countries like Pak, NK and China are not but that's fine.
Anybody looking for a good example of a self deluded Indian, look no further.
Very good example here.

You are such a genius, albeit a deluded one.
You need to educate your media, Foxnews, as well as the Japanese "The Diplomat".
Also ask your countrymen to revise Wiki.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sino-Indian_War
Sino-Indian War

https://www.indiatoday.in/education...ory/india-china-war-of-1962-839077-2016-11-21
India-China War of 1962: How it started and what happened later

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...list-Neville-Maxwell/articleshow/33094229.cms
It wasn't China, but Nehru who declared 1962 war

https://thediplomat.com/2012/08/historys-hostage-china-india-and-the-war-of-1962/
History's Hostage: China, India and the War of 1962

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/07/20/india-ready-for-talks-with-china-to-end-border-standoff.html
" India and China fought a bloody war in 1962. "

Forgot your meds.?

It's all about soft power,hard power.Many Taiwanese still have strong superiority,they fear lose face and being divided.

Most likely, when she applied for the waitress position, her being Taiwanese and the employer being Chinese were the least in her mind. The fact that she was EMPLOYED means her boss knew she is Taiwanese but decided to fire her only because a customer had a problem with it. The fact that she was employed meant she did not care who her employer was.

Think...!!!
Dude, overseas Chinese knew this kind of Taiwanese. You Americans are happy we are fighting each other, don't come here and pretend. Playing victim? Not on my watch.

IThe restaurant did the right thing..
That means you must support discrimination based upon race.

If one customer complains of my black waiter, then I must be in the right for firing him.

Dude, overseas Chinese knew this kind of Taiwanese. You Americans are happy we are fighting each other, don't come here and pretend. Playing victim? Not on my watch.
What harm did the Taiwanese waitress did to the business?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom