What's new

Taiwan to Follow Hong Kong

Sasquatch

RETIRED INTL MOD
Reaction score
Country
China
Beijing never misses an opportunity to make an overture to Taiwan. Last month, Chinese President Hu Jintao, on the occasion of the centenary celebration marking the end of imperial rule in China in 1911, invoked “Father of the Nation” Sun Yat-sen to seek “peaceful reunification” with Taiwan. Ever since Chiang Kai-Shek fled to Taiwan in 1949 after the civil war in China and established his Kuomintang (KMT) government there, the relationship between the two has been marked by distrust and animosity.

Taiwan to Follow Hong Kong? | China Power

no doubt it is inevitable

Taiwan's current president is a Chinese nationalist he might not admit it but he wants reunification nationalism has grown in Taiwan and china.

Inevitable yes, but in the long term. :azn:

As Chinese people on both sides of the straits grow more proud of their culture and their history, then the chances of peaceful reunification increase.

The best way to ensure this, is to continue the China success story. That way, even Chinese who have lived outside China for many generations, may wish to return to the land of their ancestors.

Taiwan and China should be reunificated, North Korea and South too.

If China started to support modern hightech weapon sales from U.S. to Taiwan openly and officially, that could prevent more sales than opposing and condemning them. :D

Who would like to see his most modern tech land from small ally "nation" into the hands of the largest and strongest military and economical competition, from one night to another...

I bet the PLA is already mouthwatering to get their hands on some of these toys

Bangladesh, India and Pakistan too.

USA would welcome it. China will try to prevent it.

:Shrug:

As they say, blood relations are blood relations.

10pmgilani2.jpg

This is precisely the reason why America is reluctant to sell Taiwan anything they considered "hi-tech" or upgrade Taiwans F-16's. Fearing that they may end up in China should we reunify, which is just a matter of time.

You have to support Taiwan to those weapons not because of China but 4 defending the viet pirates in SCS!!!

Some ignorant viets thinks that the contract will bring a lots of trouble to China so vietnam will be very happy but the viets never know how the Chinese Taipei using those weapons to against whom!!! :lol:

If China started to support modern hightech weapon sales from U.S. to Taiwan openly and officially, that could prevent more sales than opposing and condemning them. :D

Who would like to see his most modern tech land from small ally "nation" into the hands of the largest and strongest military and economical competition, from one night to another...

wow, 2 more false flags trolls coming to our forum!!! I can smell fish sauce around here, do you!?

anyways, welcome!!! ;)

It is the time to change your flag.

Let me tell you something, Taiwan's old toys are just outdated craps in PLA's eyes, and they won't even drool over something like F-22, never mind those crappy F-16A/B block.

I used to think so to but now I'm not so sure. I was hoping that after 4 years of Ma, people in Taiwan would begin to support mainland China more.

But nowadays, the KMT candidate and the DPP candidate are getting closer and closer in the polls. It seems nearly half of Taiwanese really abhor the idea of even slowly and gently reuniting with mainland China. So a successful referendum and "democratic" reunification seems impossible for the foreseable future.

If the KMT wins in January, China has another 4 years of peace to enjoy. But if the situation doesn't improve at all after 4 years, a war of reunification may be inevitable!

If Taiwan is in mainland China's hands, whether peacefully or not, we could decisively control East China Sea against Japan and control South China Sea through Taiping Island (plus our own Paracel Islands).

Beijing never misses an opportunity to make an overture to Taiwan. Last month, Chinese President Hu Jintao, on the occasion of the centenary celebration marking the end of imperial rule in China in 1911, invoked “Father of the Nation” Sun Yat-sen to seek “peaceful reunification” with Taiwan. Ever since Chiang Kai-Shek fled to Taiwan in 1949 after the civil war in China and established his Kuomintang (KMT) government there, the relationship between the two has been marked by distrust and animosity.

Taiwan to Follow Hong Kong? | China Power

Crap after my last visit to Taiwan and HK it will never happen. Infact in the event of the first economic meltdown of China will see two new countries in the UN and no guesses on that. The biggest enemy of China is its own short commings and not the world.

Crap after my last visit to Taiwan and HK it will never happen. Infact in the event of the first economic meltdown of China will see two new countries in the UN and no guesses on that. The biggest enemy of China is its own short commings and not the world.

Dumbest comment ever. :lol:

You think you know more about Hong Kong and Taiwan... than the Hong Kong and Taiwanese members on this forum? Of which I am one myself?

Hong Kong has never in history been an independent country. Learn some facts, we are a Chinese city.

You should worry about your own economic meltdown first.

Not sure what will happen in the future UK society when it has full of high school dropouts and teenage mothers. :lol:

Dumbest comment ever. :lol:

You think you know more about Hong Kong and Taiwan... than the Hong Kong and Taiwanese members on this forum? Of which I am one myself?

Hong Kong has never in history been an independent country. Learn some facts, we are a Chinese city.

Please go and see the Freedom March HK live! Try a Tianmmen there please. BTW have u forgotten the spanking you got when u tried to invade Taiwan? I think it was 20000 dead.

Back
Top Bottom