What's new

Taiwan president warns of ‘catastrophic consequences’ if island falls to China

#PRAYFORCHINA

BIG GUNZ AKA SPOOKY HOURS: Quad carrier operations in the Philippine Sea 👀
#PRAYERSGRANTED 😎
DF-17.jpg

I don't think China can easily occupy over 20 million heavily armed Taiwanese without a long brutal war which would be really bad for world economy. Covid is bad enough. Some years ago China promised peaceful rise, but it canceled one nation, two systems agreement with Hong Kong, incarcerated hundreds of thousands of Uighurs, and has stretched itself with many border disputes and wars.

Indians and their blah blah.

[
Yep, as I said in another thread, one has to defend his freedom. Don't expect anyone come to rescue. I don't know why Taiwan hasn't learned a thing or two from Israel, the master of survival.
I wonder why they never went the nuclear route?

I think the recent aggressive posture from the mainland China is mostly a show for domestic consumption. There won't be a conflict any time soon. In the meantime, Xi has two biggest goals to achieve: Winter Olympics and his "re-election" next year. He won't risk anything to mess them up.

Xi is no Indian Fascist Modi who can create a Pulwama drama for his own re-election. Unification of Chinese lost territories are more important for China then hosting the Winter Olympics which West is going to boycott regardless.

It would surly cause a big geopolitical shake-up in the world.

It would be pretty stupid move on China's part. I just think the low profile strategies of the previous Leaders were prudent, got China where it is today.

I really do not see what China gains by being belligerent other than feeding domestic folks.

So if Chinas civil war would end after all the stalling and division planted by still beligerent imperialist rogue regimes like the USA and UK preventing the liberation of Taiwan, it would be a catastrophe for peace and stability because .... less conflict is bad for peace?

Sounds like a catastrophe only for U.S. puppets with zero allegiance to their homecountry just lining their pockets, papers always ready to run away to Washington the second they get wind of a cleanup operation.

I don't think China can easily occupy over 20 million heavily armed Taiwanese without a long brutal war which would be really bad for world economy. Covid is bad enough. Some years ago China promised peaceful rise, but it canceled one nation, two systems agreement with Hong Kong, incarcerated hundreds of thousands of Uighurs, and has stretched itself with many border disputes and wars.

by all indications, the majority of the people living in taiwan will not put up a fight. when asked if they want independence or be a part of the PRC, they mostly said independence, but when asked whether they will fight for independence or become a part of the PRC, most said become a part of the PRC. plus if china absolutely had to keep 10 million guards on the island, then they will, if it came down to it. the day the CCP lets taiwan go without a fight is the day the revolution the us keep hoping will happen in china, will actually happen.

polls are no guarantee taiwan was easily roll over, however most polls do leans toward surrender if push comes to shove.

also china did not "cancel" one country two system. HK was having it too lenient for too long leading to a mess of traitors and a generation being taught by china hating Catholics and CIA/NED/MI5 agents(seriously what kind of teachers brings their grade school students to potentially dangerous protests?, the kind employed by the CIA duh.). the national security law is well within china's rights and within all treaty obligations with the british, and it's hypocritical for the british and american to complain since they have over a dozen even more harsh security laws in place right now. no sane government would tolerate what happened in HK.

and overextended? china is winning on like every front. NED/CIA funded riots in HK failed. CIA attempts to funnel terrorists hardened in syria into china from Afghanistan failed and they have now even left the country. india tried to start something when it thought china was wrecked by Covid and couldn't respond, but they got slapped. Relations with the russians are at an all time high. SK is feuding with japan and has kept mostly quiet about china. chinese flights around Taiwan is becoming the norm. AUKUS has irked europe and even many asian countries like Indonesia, meanwhile providing little advantage to the us, since the three are already allies and the nuclear subs are 20 years in the future(not that those would change anything as they will simply be a extension of the us sub force). US trade war on china has been a major failure, Meng Wanzhou is released without any crimes charged against her realized. and day by day china is closer than ever, every single day to overtaking the us in nominal GDP.

Yep, as I said in another thread, one has to defend his freedom. Don't expect anyone come to rescue. I don't know why Taiwan hasn't learned a thing or two from Israel, the master of survival.
On the other contrary, without western world's unconditional support, there is no way Israel would have survived this long.

Taiwan isn't white or jewish, that's their disadvantage.

It's an unfinished civil war between two factions of chinese, it's none of other country's business, period.

It would be pretty stupid move on China's part. I just think the low profile strategies of the previous Leaders were prudent, got China where it is today.

I really do not see what China gains by being belligerent other than feeding domestic folks.

why? ROC/KMT started the war.

On 11 April Chiang issued a secret order to all provinces under the control of his forces to purge Communists from the KMT. Before dawn on 12 April, gang members began to attack district offices controlled by the union workers, including Zhabei, Nanshi and Pudong. Under an emergency decree, Chiang ordered the 26th Army to disarm the workers' militias; that resulted in more than 300 people being killed and wounded.

Multiple times.

On 20 July 1946, Chiang Kai-shek launched a large-scale assault on Communist territory in North China with 113 brigades (a total of 1.6 million troops).[44] This marked the first stage of the final phase in the Chinese Civil War.

They were given the chance to negotiate long ago. Not just once either. They backstabbed CPC twice. No amount of internal reforms can erase the historical fact that they started the war and PRC has no obligation allow them to go unpunished.

why? ROC/KMT started the war.

Multiple times.

They were given the chance to negotiate long ago. Not just once either. They backstabbed CPC twice. No amount of internal reforms can erase the historical fact that they started the war and PRC has no obligation allow them to go unpunished.

Now you sound more like Indians. Something happened a century ago, yet you are using this as the cause of Chinese saber rattling.

Investment from Taiwan and Hong Kong pulled China out of its miseries.

Once again military hostilities against Taiwan will not gain China anything. Taiwan is not going anywhere it's going to sit there for another million years.

It is certainly not going to be a easy walk in the garden. This will be devastating for East Asia, will certainly put a cap on Chinese growth ambitions.

Now you sound more like Indians. Something happened a century ago, yet you are using this as the cause of Chinese saber rattling.

Investment from Taiwan and Hong Kong pulled China out of its miseries.

Once again military hostilities against Taiwan will not gain China anything. Taiwan is not going anywhere it's going to sit there for another million years.

It is certainly not going to be a easy walk in the garden. This will be devastating for East Asia, will certainly put a cap on Chinese growth ambitions.

not really. Taiwan stole all of China's gold reserves first. the distinguishing feature of an Indian isn't that they have a memory (a distinguishing feature of sentience). what, Bangladeshis have no memory?

nice assertions. too bad simple assertions without proof mean nothing. Rhetoric doesn't make a strong power, actual power makes for a strong power.

Taiwan official name is Republic of Taiwan
Republic of China actually, one of the 4 victors of World War Two that made China get the seat at the UNSC.
[

I wonder why they never went the nuclear route?
Because until the mid 80s one of the aims of the ROC regime was to reunify/return to ruling the mainland.
Taiwan stole all of China's gold reserves first.
The ROC is the old Chinese government in Exile, when they fled to Taiwan they still controlled huge chunks of the mainland.

The ROC is the old Chinese government in Exile, when they fled to Taiwan they still controlled huge chunks of the mainland.

they fled to Taiwan in December 1949. They did not control anything except a few chunks of Yunnan.

Sins do not get erased just because of claimed democracy.

So what if India, a supposed democracy, votes that Pakistan is to be destroyed at all cost in a total war, and Pakistanis deserve to be slaves? They furthermore say that Pakistan is determined to be an evil Islamic theocratic dictatorship and a false democracy thus it is justified? Do you believe that if Pakistan fights back, Pakistan is guilty, evil and should be sanctioned forever for the audacity of daring to oppose the shining largest democracy in the world, if it wins? And that anything that Indians do to Pakistanis if Pakistan is defeated is 100% justified because they voted for it?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom