What's new

Taiwan President shows their F 16 Upgrade Program

PCL-191 MLRS alone will do massive damage to Taiwan.

MLRS is yesterday's news. The entire Taiwan military might crumble overnight against large swarms of loitering munitions.

Loitering munitions can be deployed en masse from SRBM like this...
JkynKNC.jpg

Or launched from stealth UCAV (or any aircraft you can imagine). Picture below is from Zhuhai Air Show 2021.
l59n7b5.jpg

Every single F-16V on the tarmac will be destroyed with precision. Doesn't matter if the target is stationary or taxiing because the loitering munition can identify and attack targets of interest with AI. Think about it like this, if an iPhone can identify your face with AI and unlock your phone, a modern loitering munition can easily identify high value military targets on the ground for attack. GPS jamming may not work either, because entire swarms of loitering munitions can easily fly search patterns to identify targets. You can try to shoot them all down, good luck with that. They are dirt cheap, and China is the largest drone maker in the world.

Watch the video.

You make it sound like 50 AESA AWACS is a small number. That's larger than the current operational USAF E-3 Sentry fleet.

Most of Chinese AWACS are of lesser quality. Which is why they need more of them in the first place. :D

He's essentially saying the same thing I've said for a while. Our uncles/bureaucrats/generals/babus/politicians etc can't really negotiate when they see gori chamri.

was not effective against swarm and i'm sure mainland china can saturate it far easier than Hamas

China doesn't need to "swarm" Iron Dome. The moment the Iron Dome radar turns on it will be located by ELINT planes; the radar will be jammed by J-16D; and the radar site will eat an anti-radiation missile. Very simple.
6i6e6Hr.png

China doesn't need to "swarm" Iron Dome. The moment the Iron Dome radar turns on it will be located by ELINT planes; the radar will be jammed by J-16D; and the radar site will eat an anti-radiation missile. Very simple.
6i6e6Hr.png
what make you think Iron dome can't tolerate electronic warfare, and antiradiation missile if detected are not hard to counter and iron dome designed to detect incoming missile.
the effective way to disable iron dome is to swarm them

what make you think Iron dome can't tolerate electronic warfare,

Maybe it can or maybe it can't. Think about ECM/ECCM like this. Let's say I shine a regular flashlight into your eyes, will you still be able to identify your target and aim your gun? What if I add two friends with two additional flashlights? What if I add another flashlight with 100,000 lumen output? What if I add a couple of laser pointers? At some point, your eyes will be overwhelmed by clutter and noise. The bottom line is, China has more resources than Taiwan (or Israel for that matter lol). And at the end of the day, electronic warfare is nothing more than energy expenditure. Missiles sometimes cost millions of dollars each while the power consumption of radar jamming is measured in dollars and cents.

Maybe it can or maybe it can't. Think about ECM/ECCM like this. Let's say I shine a regular flashlight into your eyes, will you still be able to identify your target and aim your gun? What if I add two friends with two additional flashlights? What if I add another flashlight with 100,000 lumen output? What if I add a couple of laser pointers? At some point, your eyes will be overwhelmed by clutter and noise. The bottom line is, China has more resources than Taiwan (or Israel for that matter lol). And at the end of the day, electronic warfare is nothing more than energy expenditure. Missiles sometimes cost millions of dollars each while the power consumption of radar jamming is measured in dollars and cents.
well , you flash a light into my eye , what about if I'm behind a searchlight and direct it toward you, its always the case when and aircraft want go to combat with ground based electronic warfare of the same generation

well , you flash a light into my eye , what about if I'm behind a searchlight and direct it toward you, its always the case when and aircraft want go to combat with ground based electronic warfare of the same generation

What you're describing is certainly possible. Here is the AN/SLQ-59 and AN/SLQ-32 electronic warfare defensive suites installed on an Arleigh Burke guided missile destroyer. If you want, you can take these things off the ship and put them on trucks. You'll also need to add diesel generators to keep them powered on land lol.

DDnkIbo.jpg

But China doesn't need to do something like that. Because China has a ship that makes the Arleigh Burke look obsolete.:whistle:
n67Ppnz.jpg

KwrSbRU.jpg

But but.....according to Indians, F-16 gets shot by Mig-21......without firing a missile.
So why Taiwan is spending money on such a junk?

China would be a fool to use a nuke.
It would only bring destruction.
Also, you said "who ever has the bigger fist will rule"

That's hypocritical of you to say that and tell Israel it's an occupying force of the Palestinians
The fool is you. If u just watch China retake Taiwan and do nothing. No nuke and nothing will happen to Israel or US.

Yes, Taiwan stake for China is great. We are even willing to use nuke to destroy the whole world if anyone dare to engage PLA military affair in Taiwan.
Most of Chinese AWACS are of lesser quality. Which is why they need more of them in the first place. :D
Thanks for your cheapshot. The only lesser quality and cheap is you. :enjoy:

If China can land a rover on Mars, quality is definitely on high end product of China.

The fool is you. If u just watch China retake Taiwan and do nothing. No nuke and nothing will happen to Israel or US.

Yes, Taiwan stake for China is great. We are even willing to use nuke to destroy the whole world if anyone dare to engage PLA military affair in Taiwan.
A lot will happen to the US. It would be seen as a power that cannot protect the world.
I think a better option would be China not doing such a drastic move with such devastating potential. At the very best a regional war and huge economical instability.
At the very worst, a world war with the potential to destroy humanity as we know it.

You claim China is willing to nuke the whole world to conquer Taiwan (Which is idiotic, because that would mean China would get nuked to the point it would cease to exist, quite counterproductive), yet it says Israel is illegally conquered Palestinian land, even though Israel has much more rights to the land compared to the Palestinians, while China doesn't have more rights to Taiwan than the Taiwanese, as you are both the same people genetically with shared history, the divide between you is purely ideological.
That is pure hypocrisy.

A lot will happen to the US. It would be seen as a power that cannot protect the world.
I think a better option would be China not doing such a drastic move with such devastating potential. At the very best a regional war and huge economical instability.
At the very worst, a world war with the potential to destroy humanity as we know it.

You claim China is willing to nuke the whole world to conquer Taiwan (Which is idiotic, because that would mean China would get nuked to the point it would cease to exist, quite counterproductive), yet it says Israel is illegally conquered Palestinian land, even though Israel has much more rights to the land compared to the Palestinians, while China doesn't have more rights to Taiwan than the Taiwanese, as you are both the same people genetically with shared history, the divide between you is purely ideological.
That is pure hypocrisy.
US already decide not to save its face in front of whole world when it decide not to retaliate against Iran when Iran openly declare war on US by attacking US base in Iraq with ballistic missile. Can you imagine US decide to keep quiet(zero retaliation) after Japan air raid on Peal Harbor?

What will it affect if US decide to keep quiet about China retaking Taiwan when US military decide to do nothing? As usual the media control by US will do the damage control. The only one naïve, is you who think Taiwan is worth opening the can of WWIII.

US already decide not to save its face in front of whole world when it decide not to retaliate against Iran when Iran openly declare war on US by attacking US base in Iraq with ballistic missile. Can you imagine US decide to keep quiet(zero retaliation) after Japan air raid on Peal Harbor?
How can you compare Pearl Harbor to a strike that's done nothing?
Also, it wasn't as if there was no reason for that strike. After all, the US assassinated Iran's 2nd strongest man.

If anything, you should view it from the perspective of Iran. You really think Iran would have not reacted to the US assassinating Soleimani? In a much more extreme way, do you really think China
can start a war that would cause hundreds of thousands if not millions of deaths, without a reaction? If anyone is starting WW3, it's China, not the US.

What will it affect if US decide to keep quiet about China retaking Taiwan when US military decide to do nothing? As usual the media control by US will do the damage control. The only one naïve, is you who think Taiwan is worth opening the can of WWIII.
You are the naïve one for thinking actions don't have reactions.

I doubt the US would back down from such a drastic action.

How can you compare Pearl Harbor to a strike that's done nothing?
Also, it wasn't as if there was no reason for that strike. After all, the US assassinated Iran's 2nd strongest man.

If anything, you should view it from the perspective of Iran. You really think Iran would have not reacted to the US assassinating Soleimani? In a much more extreme way, do you really think China
can start a war that would cause hundreds of thousands if not millions of deaths, without a reaction? If anyone is starting WW3, it's China, not the US.

You are the naïve one for thinking actions don't have reactions.

I doubt the US would back down from such a drastic action.
Iran already prove US is a coward. U can keep barking. Fact is Taiwan is worth nothing for the world to start WWIII. Casualty or not doesn't matter. Fact is Iran has openly declare aggression and US the paper tiger did nothing in return. And u can call that super power? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom