What's new

Taiwan forbid Chinese students in Taiwan to come back to Taiwan to finish their degree

Faith_Lock

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Taiwan, Province Of China
I am a Taiwanese who is strongly pro-unification. I think it is important to tell people the circumstance in Taiwan right now. If you have questions about Taiwan, regardless of your viewpoint (unless you want to kill off all mainland Chinese or kill off all Taiwanese), I would be happy to answer.

https://www.chinatimes.com/opinion/20200807004682-262105?chdtv

The above article is in traditional Chinese. I will translate the main point only. There are many mainland Chinese students who study universities in Taiwan. Out of which, 5000 of them are in the final semester (or year) to finish the degree.

Taiwanese government forbids them to come back to Taiwan to finish their degree.

Those students are innocent. Most of them started their study in Taiwan when the relationship between Taiwan and China is friendlier and was encouraged by both governments. Now, if they can’t get their degree, all the studies they had done were wasted. They just wasted 3 or 4 years of their life.

The excuse given by Taiwanese government for forbidden their re-entry: the severely pandemic situation in China!!!

The excuse is so laughable everybody know this is just Taiwanese government attacking China, similar to a girl telling a guy she can’t go on a date because she has to polish her nails.

In addition, only students from mainland China are affected. This policy only targets students from mainland China.

I have no doubt the current Taiwanese government will be judged harshly in history as the biggest traitor in recent history.

But isn't it other countries too?

https://thepienews.com/news/covid-19/taiwan-travel-ban-lift/
Taiwan: lifts travel ban for 13 countries

Taiwan has announced that international students from Laos and Cambodia will be added to the list of countries exempted from the Covid-19 travel ban, bringing the total number of nationalities permitted to enter the country up to 13.

Restrictions against Australia, Bhutan, Brunei, Fiji, Hong Kong, Macau, Mongolia, New Zealand, Palau, Thailand and Vietnam were lifted earlier this month. Returning students are required to go through quarantine, including staying at an off-campus epidemic prevention hotel.

Screen Shot 2020-08-08 at 7.55.02 PM.jpg

But isn't it other countries too?

https://thepienews.com/news/covid-19/taiwan-travel-ban-lift/
Taiwan: lifts travel ban for 13 countries

Taiwan has announced that international students from Laos and Cambodia will be added to the list of countries exempted from the Covid-19 travel ban, bringing the total number of nationalities permitted to enter the country up to 13.

Restrictions against Australia, Bhutan, Brunei, Fiji, Hong Kong, Macau, Mongolia, New Zealand, Palau, Thailand and Vietnam were lifted earlier this month. Returning students are required to go through quarantine, including staying at an off-campus epidemic prevention hotel.

View attachment 659733

This is big news in Taiwan right now because Taiwanese government is targeting Chinese students by the excuse of epidemic situation in China. We all know the epidemic is basically over in China.

Taiwanese government is basically targeting Chinese nationals using the most degrading excuses they can find.

Next couple of days, (if I have time), I would find the story that Taiwanese government is stopping young Chinese nationals (5, 10 years olds) from reuniting with their parents in Taiwan.

Back
Top Bottom