What's new

Taiwan fisherman shot dead by Filipino military

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah Taiwan came up on top but in the long run I think Taiwan shot her self in the foot. The implied threat of force will change how the world views Taiwan from a beleaguered nation to one of a wanna be bully. In the end, I think Taiwan's circle of friends just got smaller.

i dont think so, in this case it was clear that the ROC was wronged and its actions where fully justified, heck the US has gone to war for less, not to mention the only "friend" the ROC need is the USA, and the US isnt about to abandon them anytime soon

I think it's the perfect time for Taiwan to flex her muscle. Now a day others only respect you if you're willing to use you muscle.

A message to other SCS claimants (read VN): Keep your hands off our Taiping Island (Itu Aba)!

Philippines says sorry for death of fisherman - China.org.cn

Philippines says sorry for death of fisherman

The Philippine government last night reversed its stance over the shooting of a Taiwanese fisherman and agreed to three demands from Taipei authorities -- a formal apology, the speeding up of an investigation into the death and punishment for the perpetrators.

However, it stopped short of mentioning the demand for compensation to be paid to the fisherman's family.

The announcement came at a late-night press conference given by the Philippines' representative to Taiwan, Antonio Basilio, after he arrived in Taipei from Manila.

The Taiwanese authorities had set a deadline of midnight last night for the apology and had warned the Philippines of diplomatic and economic measures if it did not respond positively.

Basilio had returned to Manila on Monday to discuss the handling of the incident.

Hung Sih-cheng, 65, was shot dead last Thursday when a Philippine coast guard vessel opened fire on his boat.

Though Basilio visited the family of the dead man and expressed his sympathy and condolences, the Philippines had refused to make a formal apology, saying that an inquiry into the matter had begun and it would be better to wait for the results.

Earlier yesterday, Philippine presidential spokesman Edwin Lacierda said his country would rather defer any comment on a response to Taiwan's demands over the incident involving the Taiwanese fishing vessel.

"If there will be a response, it will be handled through the proper channels and not through the media," Lacierda said in a news briefing at Malacanang, the presidential palace.

A Chinese foreign ministry spokesman also said yesterday that China hoped the Philippines would conduct a thorough investigation into the fatal shooting of the fisherman.

"We hope the Philippines will conduct a thorough investigation into the incident and provide a concrete explanation at an early date," spokesman Hong Lei said.

"We have always firmly safeguarded the safety and legitimate rights and interests of our Taiwan compatriots," Hong noted, adding that the central government had already made strong representations to the Philippines.

Last week, a spokesman for the State Council's Taiwan Affairs Office condemned the shooting, calling it "barbaric."

Aggressive and murderous Filipinos.

Taiwan should use its modern navy and air force to completely flatten the arrogant Filipinos.

Those that seek blood should be shown no mercy.

Yeah ... I agreed then ... your China aren't much different ..!!!

I think it's the perfect time for Taiwan to flex her muscle. Now a day others only respect you if you're willing to use you muscle.

A message to other SCS claimants (read VN): Keep your hands off our Taiping Island (Itu Aba)!

Read longyi and CN members: You are the one who should hands off VN Islands

Yeah ... I agreed then ... your China aren't much different ..!!!

Read longyi and CN members: You are the one who should hands off VN Islands

Last time I check Taiping Island was never VN's and in fact VN didn't occupy any Sprately island until 1974.

Last time I check Taiping Island was never VN's and in fact VN didn't occupy any Sprately island until 1974.

During that time, VN is lacking of man power and civil war was massive killing. That's why China took a chance to attack VN on 1974, then during VN leader dies in 1988 China started killing UNARMED soldiers [Please see you tube]

During that time, VN is lacking of man power and civil war was massive killing. That's why China took a chance to attack VN on 1974, then during VN leader dies in 1988 China started killing UNARMED soldiers [Please see you tube]

Again I was talking about Taiwan. Taiwan was the unwilling occupant of Taiping Island after WWII. She placed a marker stone there and let the island untouched until decades later when everybody was fighting for the Sprately islands. It wasn't until a little skirmish with VN last year before she strengthened the island's defense. What I meant to say on my original post was that now people would know she will use force, if necessary, to defense her possessions after this incident with PI. And that's good for her image in this aspect.

To the Chinese and Taiwanese people

"We're sorry to your citizen who tried to ram our coast guard ship and died within our EEZ and wasn't able to eat fish that he caught illegally in our waters, our deepest sympathy. We promise the next time we caught another illegal poacher of yours, we will properly take care of him in prison."

Happy now? :pop:

direct apology from MECO :coffee:

27y7e54.jpg

aljig2.jpg

"We're sorry to your citizen who tried to ram our coast guard ship and died within our EEZ and wasn't able to eat fish that he caught illegally in our waters, our deepest sympathy. We promise the next time we caught another illegal poacher of yours, we will properly take care of him in prison."

CLASSIC. :azn:

No. Previously You are insist Philippine action is right and you will stand by your thugs action. You claim Taiwan fishermen deserve to be shot for intruding Pinoy territories and serve them right for ramming PN ship...

Now Pinoy become a clown of its previous claim by admiting their wrongdoing. So equally, you are a clown too. You must also admit your wrong doing and kowtow to us for falsefully accusing the dead fisher man of ramming PN ship..

You are just a BIG CHICKEN! :lol: :lol:

I thought few days ago you claim Philippine action is correct and now Pinoy admit its their wrongdoing. DOes that makes you look like a idiot now? :omghaha:

No. Previously You are insist Philippine action is right and you will stand by your thugs action. You claim Taiwan fishermen deserve to be shot for intruding Pinoy territories and serve them right for ramming PN ship...

Now Pinoy become a clown of its previous claim by admiting their wrongdoing. So equally, you are a clown too. You must also admit your wrong doing and kowtow to us for falsefully accusing the dead fisher man of ramming PN ship..

You are just a BIG CHICKEN! :lol: :lol:

I thought few days ago you claim Philippine action is correct and now Pinoy admit its their wrongdoing. DOes that makes you look like a idiot now? :omghaha:
Well our Government try to understand the Taiwanese perspective on the issue. We're done for apology, so once is enough. We're not barbaric as China. :coffee:

This is all a manifestation of political niceties to ensure bilateral ties between the Philippines and Taiwan, which are both of vital strategic interests to the United States.

As I said, within 3-4 months, this issue will abate. And Taiwan will get back to its anti-PRC rhetoric at the imposition of the United States.

The response from the Philippines illustrates the humanitarian view of the Philippines and their cordial expression for mutual beatification yet at the same time maintaining the rule of law.

direct apology from MECO :coffee:

27y7e54.jpg

aljig2.jpg

What I understand about the apology is that the apology was for the death of the fisherman and nothing more. Our Philippine CG just did their job, even Taiwan's gov't admitted that their fishing boats intruded deep inside philippine waters. The Chinese should blame the Taiwanese skipper of the boat, he endangered the lives of his crew when he decided to run away from our CG and used his boat as a weapon when he tried to ram our CG ship, he should have stopped and allowed our CG to board their ship.

This is all a manifestation of political niceties to ensure bilateral ties between the Philippines and Taiwan, which are both of vital strategic interests to the United States.

As I said, within 3-4 months, this issue will abate. And Taiwan will get back to its anti-PRC rhetoric at the imposition of the United States.

The response from the Philippines illustrates the humanitarian view of the Philippines and their cordial expression for mutual beatification yet at the same time maintaining the rule of law.

It doesn't matter. What matter is you make a idiot out of yourself by standing on the Pinoy side durng the whole saga with insisting PN action is 100% justify. Now even Pinoy admit its their wrong doing to shoot at unarmed fisherman. So that will make all your previous statement of accusing Taiwan and supporting Pinoy useless and stupid! :omghaha:

In fact, now you sounds like a clown and loser!

http://www.defence.pk/forums/china-...ot-dead-filipino-military-19.html#post4276780

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom