What's new

Taiwan fisherman shot dead by Filipino military

Status
Not open for further replies.
you hit the nail on the head kabayan :yay:

The Philippine economy will continue to improve without Taiwan. Nor we need the Chinese poachers and thieves.

Taiwan-Philippine economic exchanges may be deferred: minister - Taiwan News Online

Taiwan-Philippine economic exchanges may be deferred: minister

Central News Agency

Taipei, May 15 (CNA) Taiwan is considering suspending economic exchanges with the Philippines because of its handling of an attack by one of its government vessels on a Taiwanese fishing boat, Economics Minister Chang Chia-juch said Wednesday. If the Philippines does not provide satisfactory responses to Taiwan's demands related to the incident by 6 p.m. Wednesday, Taiwan will impose further sanctions against the Philippines, Chang said at a legislative hearing. Invitations of Philippine officials, subsidies for Philippine buyers to visit Taiwan, and investment solicitation and trade promotion activities could all be suspended or postponed until August at the earliest, the ministry said in a prepared document. The ministry has also stopped encouraging local businesses to invest in the Philippines, Chang said.

More far-reaching economic sanctions, however, could hurt Taiwan more than the Philippines. Bilateral trade between the two countries totaled US$10.97 billion in 2012, with Taiwan showing a US$6.77 billion trade surplus, according to government statistics. The Taipei-based Taiwan Institute of Economic Research cautioned recently that potential economic sanctions against the Philippines would likely have only a limited impact on the Philippine economy. Taiwan was the Philippines' 10th largest investor in 2012, injecting US$58.54 million into the Philippine economy last year, but that only accounted for 0.85 percent of foreign investment in the country. In addition, around 10 million Filipinos work overseas, but only 87,000 of them work in Taiwan, also limiting Taiwan's leverage, said Gordon Sun, director of the institute's macroeconomic forecasting center. "Imposing economic sanctions on the Philippines might not necessarily be in Taiwan's favor, and the Philippine economy might not be hurt as much as we expect," he told CNA on May 13. (By James Lee)
We have more import from Taiwan than export and Philippines buy $3 Billion worth of goods to Taiwan every year. Make that zero and see their profit go down by $3 Billion. Let us see who will suffer. LMAO!

that statement is unofficial if it did not came from the state department. they would anger Taiwan if they did not make any kind of response. smart diplomacy at work.

that statement is unofficial if it did not came from the state department. they would anger Taiwan if they did not make any kind of response. smart diplomacy at work.

you make it sound like the U.S. is for PH and against Taiwan. The U.S. has said that both countries should keep the possibility of conflict to a minimum, which means they expect Taiwan to use force when push comes to shove, but unlike PH, the U.S. trusts Taiwan to use military force in a responsible manner. Anyways, the U.S. only wants your land for military bases and your virgin hookers.

Your dilapidated military is not worth the plane ticket for u.s. to send their ambassador to mitigate the situation.

you make it sound like the U.S. is for PH and against Taiwan. The U.S. has said that both countries should keep the possibility of conflict to a minimum, which means they expect Taiwan to use force when push comes to shove, but unlike PH, the U.S. trusts Taiwan to use military force in a responsible manner. Anyways, the U.S. only wants your land for military bases and your virgin hookers.

Your dilapidated military is not worth the plane ticket for u.s. to send their ambassador to mitigate the situation.

Sir we have no intention of using our military anyway and is no secret what the current condition of the Philippine military is but i would to inform you that attacking the philippines would invoke the MDT with the States because it states that any attack on the Philippines is consider an attack on the states itself but like most minded filipinos as much i like the states i dont think so i think the states wants the Philippines to solves this diplomatically not using force i think they just going to sent the 7th fleet to act as wall between us to prevent either side to open fire as far as responsible i doubt it just ask Japan and the poor filipinos who just got hurt because of Ma political mileage run

We have more import from Taiwan than export and Philippines buy $3 Billion worth of goods to Taiwan every year. Make that zero and see their profit go down by $3 Billion. Let us see who will suffer. LMAO!
Tit for Tat. Let's boycott products made in Taiwan. This Taiwanese over-reaction is getting out of hand. I think, if Filipino workers will leave Taiwan, defienitely Taiwan will also be affected economically, as Pinoys are hardworkers and they will be forced to hire from other countries who can't speak English or they hire local at high salaries.

Let them hire mainland Chinese so that within two-year’s time, mainland China will invade Taiwan without firing a shot. :omghaha:

Tit for Tat. Let's boycott products made in Taiwan. This Taiwanese over-reaction is getting out of hand. I think, if Filipino workers will leave Taiwan, defienitely Taiwan will also be affected economically, as Pinoys are hardworkers and they will be forced to hire from other countries who can't speak English or they hire local at high salaries.

Let them hire mainland Chinese so that within two-year’s time, mainland China will invade Taiwan without firing a shot. :omghaha:

Iuwi na mga pilipino sa taewan kawawa sila dahi kay Ma gago kasi sabi niya kasalanan ng mga pilipino pero ayaw nila masaktan ng mga pilipino sa taewan pero kabaliktaran ng ngayari sa mga kawawa natin kababayan mga hayop ito lahat ng mga chekwa mula HK, Mainland wala sila pinagkaiba mga walang ligo hayop!

original.jpg

agreed! If the Taiwanese persist on this line of action, they could reap the whirlwind. Tit for tat could become a real possibility, which will make the problem bigger than it should be.

Iuwi na mga pilipino sa taewan kawawa sila dahi kay Ma gago kasi sabi niya kasalanan ng mga pilipino pero ayaw nila masaktan ng mga pilipino sa taewan pero kabaliktaran ng ngayari sa mga kawawa natin kababayan mga hayop ito lahat ng mga chekwa mula HK, Mainland wala sila pinagkaiba mga walang ligo hayop!

original.jpg
Yes PH should just recall every Filipinos in Taiwan and let's see how the Taiwanese cope with lack of skilled workers. I'm sure that there are more countries out there who could welcome OFW workers to help up fill their manpower shortages.

Taipei releases satellite record, rejecting Manila's claim

Taiwan's Fisheries Agency said the voyage data recorder from the fishing boat showed it was not in Philippine waters when it came under fire on May 9.

"The satellite records indicated that the Guang Ta Hsin 28 had been fishing within Taiwan's exclusive economic zone throughout," the agency's deputy chief Tsay Tzu-yaw told AFP.

The satellite record showed that the ship was positioned at 122 degrees and 55 minutes east and 19 degrees and 59 minutes north when it was attacked at 10:12 am. The economic zones claimed by each country overlap.

"Since the Philippine authorities repeatedly alleged that the fishing boat had intruded into their waters, then why not make public the video records they claim they have taken from the coastguard boat?" Tsay said.

Taipei releases satellite record, rejecting Manila's claim - Channel NewsAsia

LOL at some juvenile "zero brain" guy who repeatedly put up a "no trespassing" sign. Give me a break, who wants to trespass into a lawless land.

Taiwan's Fisheries Agency said the voyage data recorder from the fishing boat showed it was not in Philippine waters when it came under fire on May 9.

"The satellite records indicated that the Guang Ta Hsin 28 had been fishing within Taiwan's exclusive economic zone throughout," the agency's deputy chief Tsay Tzu-yaw told AFP.

The satellite record showed that the ship was positioned at 122 degrees and 55 minutes east and 19 degrees and 59 minutes north when it was attacked at 10:12 am. The economic zones claimed by each country overlap.

"Since the Philippine authorities repeatedly alleged that the fishing boat had intruded into their waters, then why not make public the video records they claim they have taken from the coastguard boat?" Tsay said.

LOL at some juvenile "zero brain" guy who repeatedly put up a "no trespassing" sign. Give me a break, who wants to trespass into a lawless land.
Finally, Taiwan admitted they are trespassing and illegally fishing inside in our waters.

original.jpg

original.jpg

a quick Google Maps search shows that the coordinates given were way south of the internationally recognized maritime border between Taiwan and the Philippines. It is also between the Philippine province of Batanes and the Babuyan Island group, which is part of Cagayan province.

50ob5z.jpg

These coordinates are very well sited on the PH Territory. Thank you! LMAO!

Really that's taewan version that would work if one Taewan is country its not its has a problem with its political status so fix that before making this stupid claims other is WE HAVE NO EZZ treaty with that uncivilized province tell me how can island have a bigger EZZ than group of islands not unless we have a treaty with them or they have posted military forces or coast guard forces near there for a long time hack its not even a EZZ anymore it was close to a Philippine Province and that's insulting! again which everybody knows Taewanese fishermen like all chinese fishermen well known poachers and trespasser to all nations in the pacific heck they don't care at all they take everything if they can living poor fishermen of the pacific with nothing so ya i post it again! You can call me all the names in the world if you must but a bully is still a bully the funny thing is taewan under MAtopac rule is so funny they have falling planes i think that's the only danger we have to face but then again attack us then MDT comes in effect man i wish those military items are already here so we can shut you people up for good so you can leave my poor country alone you chinese have been stealing from us like billions of dollars worth of Resources not just fish man face it you people are still the bullies here.

For added pay back eat some of this!

Really that's taewan version that would work if one Taewan is country its not its has a problem with its political status so fix that before making this stupid claims other is WE HAVE NO EZZ treaty with that uncivilized province tell me how can island have a bigger EZZ than group of islands not unless we have a treaty with them or they have posted military forces or coast guard forces near there for a long time hack its not even a EZZ anymore it was close to a Philippine Province and that's insulting! again which everybody knows Taewanese fishermen like all chinese fishermen well known poachers and trespasser to all nations in the pacific heck they don't care at all they take everything if they can living poor fishermen of the pacific with nothing so ya i post it again! You can call me all the names in the world if you must but a bully is still a bully the funny thing is taewan under MAtopac rule is so funny they have falling planes i think that's the only danger and the only thing they could do is hurt foreign workers which even more barbaric hack they just hurt almost all known workers other list of chinese crimes committed to MANKIND other is the trillions of dollar of resources you people stole from everyone face it your bullies it does not matter if your from Taewan, china or racist city HK your basically monster now!

Well for added insult to your insult which more true than yours anyway

[IMG]https://securecdn.disqus.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/494/2344/original.jpg

13502_564840900235445_743656436_n.jpg

My post is based on official Taiwan Government opinion, despite what you guys counter with, I'm sure it carries more weight than a couple Internet self styled pundits. :lol:

^ Some people can't really accept the truth. A bunch of psycho's who wants to distort the truth to live in their own perfect world. LMAO!

LMAO what's the truth? Who decides on what's the truth? Just because YOU say so?

Frankly I rather believe a government's, any government, version than yours with no backup link. Arrogant much?

There were prior events before the shooting the coastguard didn't just shoot the guy for the sake of shooting. Pls see the wider angle of the incident. I believe in our coast guard. Taiwanese and Chinese same descent...LIARS and THIEVES!

Taiwanese caught poaching in Batanes Group of Island, it is not a DISPUTED Territory. It is a province of the Philippines long before losers came to Taiwan. Taiwanese are over reacting due to misleading information feed to them by the media. They keep claiming that it happens in their EEZ on their news so their citizens firmly believe that.

Now they're asking to join forces in investigation after all the threats, military drill and sanctions. Yeah. Diplomacy. Sanctions first before knowing the ACTUAL truth. LMAO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom