What's new

Taiwan fisherman shot dead by Filipino military

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly, you are inept in the study of strategic warfare. Singapore is completely dependent on importation of water supply; in fact, 50% of all water consumption in Singapore is imported from Malaysia, which is supplied to Singapore vis-a-vis the 1 km bridge, the Johor-Singapore Causeway. Vietnam would merely have to send 2-3 squadrons of its SU-30s, with support with 2 squaddrons of SU-27s to destroy the Johor-Singapore Causeway. Rendering the Singaporean people to be devoid of water supply. The country would thirst and sue for peace within 1-2 weeks.

Any Singapore air units that will enter Vietnamese air space will be shot from the sky with its impressive array of SA-20 gargoyle air defense units, SA-3 Goa, SA-2, SA-6, SA-13 units.

Singapore would sue for peace within 2 weeks.

There is no land army in south east asia that could counter the Vietnamese Army. The Royal Thai Army is no match; Indonesia does not match. Malaysia, not even.

Singapore would fold before the Vietnamese Army.

You are clearly not get the point I'm trying to make. If both Vietnam and Singapore navy encounter each other at the high sea, Singapore will triumph. But of course Vietnam can try to attack or even invade Malaysia, but it won't have the navy to do so. As for the Su-30s attacking Malaysia, its more likely that they would be shot down by a F-16 before they reach their target.

You are clearly not get the point I'm trying to make. If both Vietnam and Singapore navy encounter each other at the high sea, Singapore will triumph. But of course Vietnam can try to attack or even invade Malaysia, but it won't have the navy to do so. As for the Su-30s attacking Malaysia, its more likely that they would be shot down by a F-16 before they reach their target.

The Vietnamese wouldn't have to dispatch their navy to defeat Singapore. You're not getting the point, bud. Singapore is totally and utterly dependent on water supply. Cut that, which is so easy, and the entire country will thirst. She will sue for peace.

Realistically, Malaysia cannot challenge Vietnam in land warfare. Vietnam could occupy Singapore the same way General Yamashita "the Tiger of Malaya" did back in '42: through the Malay peninsula.

The Vietnamese wouldn't have to dispatch their navy to defeat Singapore. You're not getting the point, bud. Singapore is totally and utterly dependent on water supply. Cut that, which is so easy, and the entire country will thirst. She will sue for peace.

Realistically, Malaysia cannot challenge Vietnam in land warfare. Vietnam could occupy Singapore the same way General Yamashita "the Tiger of Malaya" did back in '42: through the Malay peninsula.

You are right about Malaysia and land warfare. But thankfully, Vietnam is not connected to Malaysia by land. Vietnam either has to go through Thailand or dig a tunnel under gulf of Thailand. Either way, Vietnam is not going to do it.

As for the hypothetical conflict between Vietcong and Singapore, only naval battle contain a sliver of reality. All the land battle you talk about just won't take place. If Vietnam really try to invade Thailand and Malaysia, it would find itself fighting bigger countries. Such as your adopted country, USA.

You're still failing to understand the concept of "decapitation strike". To break Singapore and its will to fight, you target the civil population. Cut the water supply, the nation folds. Singapore, because of its size and its dependence on resources is placed in precarious situation where its very arterial supply, the Johor-Singapore Causeway, is vulnerable.

Thailand cannot counter Vietnam. Thailand is practically surrounded; The Laotian People's Democratic Republic, and the Cambodians are practically satellite client states of Vietnam. This is the very reason why Thailand courts assistance of American military presence in the form of CARAT, an annual exercise that the United States holds annually in the region.

As for Malaysia and Thailand holding against Vietnam? Are you kidding me? From the difficulty Malaysia had in subduing some 50 or 100 so Filipino Tausugs, I don't think it would last long against the Viet Army.

Comprende? :coffee:

You're still failing to understand the concept of "decapitation strike". To break Singapore and its will to fight, you target the civil population. Cut the water supply, the nation folds. Singapore, because of its size and its dependence on resources is placed in precarious situation where its very arterial supply, the Johor-Singapore Causeway, is vulnerable.

Thailand cannot counter Vietnam. Thailand is practically surrounded; The Laotian People's Democratic Republic, and the Cambodians are practically satellite client states of Vietnam. This is the very reason why Thailand courts assistance of American military presence in the form of CARAT, an annual exercise that the United States holds annually in the region.

As for Malaysia and Thailand holding against Vietnam? Are you kidding me? From the difficulty Malaysia had in subduing some 50 or 100 so Filipino Tausugs, I don't think it would last long against the Viet Army.

Comprende? :coffee:
As for your first paragraph, I already stated that Singapore AF can easily take care of any strikes from Vietnam.

As for invasion into Thailand, I don't think Vietnam would try such a move without making itself a pariah state. Russia would abandon Vietnam if it try that and Us would step in.

Without invading Thailand, Vietnam would not try a landing of Malaysia as it wont' have sufficient resources. So all the chest thumping for your Vietcong friends are mute.

As for your first paragraph, I already stated that Singapore AF can easily take care of any strikes from Vietnam. 7

As for invasion into Thailand, I don't think Vietnam would try such a move without making itself a pariah state. Russia would abandon Vietnam if it try that and Us would step in.

Without invading Thailand, Vietnam would not try a landing of Malaysia as it wont' have sufficient resources. So all the chest thumping for your Vietcong friends are mute.
Even.US seven fleet ,USAF also sustained high casualties during VNwar, and u still think an US' dog like Sing can make a scratch to VN's forces ?

Very funny ,oki,every dog has its day. But truth is still the truth:TW-Sing are still US's dogs and they have no stable future,every one can kill them day by day and they cant do anything coz the boss doesnt care abt their worthless lives :coffee:

@faithfulguy:

why are you still fooling around with that indian troll. He sets up a trap for
1. diluting the attention of the conflict between Taiwan and Philippines
2. canvassing the support of by blowing the pinoys and vietcongs up; and also dragging Malaysia and Thailand against Taiwan or Singapore or China by assuming wars among themselves

It is a childish conspiracy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Even.US seven fleet ,USAF also sustained high casualties during VNwar, and u still think an US' dog like Sing can make a scratch to VN's forces ?

Very funny ,oki,every dog has its day. But truth is still the truth:TW-Sing are still US's dogs and they have no stable future,every one can kill them day by day and they cant do anything coz the boss doesnt care abt their worthless lives :coffee:

We do care for them, naturally. However, they have to make sure they don't do anything foolish that affects OUR strategic interests in the region. Their existence depends on our good graces. Their loyalty shall be handsomely rewarded in the form of our military gifts and patronage.

You see, if they stick with us, they'll never go hungry again... :azn:

As for Vietnam, its good to see that they are becoming increasingly friendly and courting the United States of America. There is much that they can receive from us, and incidentally, they can be of strategic interests for us in the region. Vietnam's Cam Ram Bay, Hanoi Port and Ho Chi Minh City ports will provide easy refueling and a new R&R (rest and relaxation) station for battle groups of the USN 7th Fleet.

We have strategic warm ports in Bangkok, Pattaya, Siem Riep (Thailand), Kuala Lumpur (MY), Singapore, and in bases throghout the Sulu archipelago, Manila, Subic. Vietnam would be a handsome addition for us.

You see, these countries see the glorious and fruitful relationship with the UNITED STATES.

Philippine refuses to show coastguard video
Incident recorded a sea incident that killed Taiwanese fisherman
By Barbara Mae Dacanay, Bureau ChiefPublished: 15:34 May 24, 2013

Philippine refuses to show coastguard video | GulfNews.com

Manila: The Philippine government refused to show to Taiwanese prosecutors the video of the Philippine Coast Guard which recorded a sea incident that killed a Taiwanese fisherman in the South China Sea off northern Luzon on May 9.

Philippine Justice Secretary Leila de Lima will allow the Taiwanese investigators, as soon as they arrive in Manila, to see the video that was taken by the Philippine Coast Guard (PCG) when it fired at the Taiwanese fishing vessel Guang Ta Hsin 28, at the Balintang Channel in the South China Sea, off the northernmost part of Luzon on May 9, said Amadeo Perez, head of the Manila Economic and Cultural Office (MECO).

Secretary de Lima did not allow the Taiwanese prosecutors who requested to view PCG’s video ahead of the arrival of the Taiwanese investigators, said Perez. He did not say if the Taiwanese prosecutors will still be allowed to view the video together with the Taiwanese investigators.

De Lima was quoted as saying that the Philippine government has finalised a partial report of the incident, based on PCG’s video clip.

Other sources earlier said that PCG’s video has shown that the Taiwanese fishing vessel was on the Philippines’ exclusive economic zone in the South China Sea when confronted by the PCG.

On Tuesday, Taiwan’s Fisheries Agency released a satellite record of the route of the Taiwanese vessel, showing it was on Taiwan’s exclusive economic zone in the South China Sea when shot at by the Philippine Coast Guard on May 9.

Meanwhile, a new batch of Taiwanese investigators will arrive in the Philippines to conduct its parallel probe on the incident, said Perez, the MECO head. He did not give the date of their arrival.

An eight-man investigating team of the Philippine government’s National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) is also ready to depart for Taiwan, but it is still waiting for De Lima’s approval for their departure, said Perez.

The visa applications of the Filipino investigators have been approved, allowing them to go to Taiwan, said Perez.

He denied reports that Taiwan denied the visa applications of the Filipino investigators because of the Philippine government’s alleged refusal to show the PCG’s video to the Taiwanese prosecutors who have been in Manila since last week.

As agreed upon by the two countries, a parallel and simultaneous probe of the sea incident will be undertaken by investigators from Taiwan and the Philippines starting Thursday or Friday.

The Taiwanese investigators will inspect the PCG vessel and its surveillance vessel that apprehended the Taiwanese fishing vessel and its crewmen off Balintang Island; and the Philippine investigators will also inspect the Guang Ta Hsin 28, the Taiwanese fishing vessel — and interview the surviving crewmembers.

The crewmen of Guang Ta Hsin 28 could give details on how Hung Shih Chen, 65, died following PCG’s assault.

The Philippine government has also called on the Taiwanese government and the family of the slain fisherman, for a re-autopsy of his body.

The death of the 65-year-old Taiwanese fisherman from PCG’s attack had triggered public outrage in Taiwan and had forced Taiwan to impose sanctions against the Philippines, including a freeze on the hiring of overseas Filipino workers. Taiwanese tourists were not yet told not to go to the Philippines.

The Philippine government has diplomatic relations with China, and it observes one-China policy that prevents it from having a “joint probe” of the incident with Taiwan.

We do care for them, naturally. However, they have to make sure they don't do anything foolish that affects OUR strategic interests in the region. Their existence depends on our good graces. Their loyalty shall be handsomely rewarded in the form of our military gifts and patronage.

You see, if they stick with us, they'll never go hungry again... :azn:

It is a little bit side tracking but I hope you don't mine if I put in my 2 cents here.
Singapore is unique, it is a very small country yet it has a very strong army. Its military has a shoot first offensive policy (attack first when any threat arise before it reach its doorstep) and it is well equipped and prepared for it. It keeps good relationship with the western countries and none of them will like it to fall in hostile hands (even possible hostile in the future).
Malaysia needs Singapore's strong shield against threats that may arise across the strait.
USA will love to keep a good relationship with VN, yet it will not like to see a new superpower in Indochina.
China will not tolerate a new superpower in Indochina either.
Both Malaysia and Singapore need Thailand as a buffer zone.

That is why in the coming decade at least, Indochina will be quite stable with the exception of Burma.

Actually bringing up the one china policy is the worst mistake the Philippines government made in this incident.
Much like saying: since you are an orphan you have no rights and I can ignore you.

It is a little bit side tracking but I hope you don't mine if I put in my 2 cents here.
Singapore is unique, it is a very small country yet it has a very strong army. Its military has a shoot first offensive policy (attack first when any threat arise before it reach its doorstep) and it is well equipped and prepared for it. It keeps good relationship with the western countries and none of them will like it to fall in hostile hands (even possible hostile in the future).
Malaysia needs Singapore's strong shield against threats that may arise across the strait.
USA will love to keep a good relationship with VN, yet it will not like to see a new superpower in Indochina.
China will not tolerate a new superpower in Indochina either.
Both Malaysia and Singapore need Thailand as a buffer zone.

That is why in the coming decade at least, Indochina will be quite stable with the exception of Burma.

why we even talking about this? what superpower? modern states do not annex other recognized states that they have no claims on, vietnam has zero claims on Singapore and even if they tried, a new UN resolution will be passed within 5 hours of the start of the invasion leading to a UN intervention(see gulf war 1) in which case vietnam will be crushed easily, and states like Thailand is hardly in a weak position, Thailand has friends in both china and the US (just see Thailand's military imports). who wants to fight both world power at the same time? try invading Thailand and that's exactly what will happen.

Dead fisherman treated Filipinos like they were his children: report

www.chinapost.com.tw/taiwan/national/national-news
May 25, 2013, 12:25 am TWN

TAIPEI--A Taiwanese fisherman who was killed by Philippine Coast Guard personnel on May 9 treated Filipinos working in Pingtung County as “his children,” a Filipino worker told the Philippine
Daily Inquirer in a report published yesterday.

Antonio Dimacali Manasa, who works in Liouciou Township, was speaking of Hung Shih-cheng, who died when a Philippine patrol strafed his family's fishing boat in waters where the two countries' economic zones overlap, triggering a diplomatic firestorm.

“I knew him. He was good to the Filipino fishermen here and he treated us like his children,” Manasa was quoted as saying in the report.

Other Filipino workers in Taiwan told the Inquirer that they were safe and did not feel threatened by local residents although they still remained cautious and avoiding going out at night, according to the report.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom