What's new

Taiwan fisherman shot dead by Filipino military

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anything, this should have been handled with the same Protocol when it comes to apprehending Criminals - Here's a US example.

Police are strictly supposed to attempt arrest and apprehension always, because a life is a life. Even Police officers are only supposed to use the appropriate amount of force, even if your suspect is fleeing... this isn't GTA where you can start firing off rounds just because someone flees - That's why you chase them. Police Forces only fire upon targets if the suspect is deemed an immediate and life threatening to themselves or to others.

Now Let's say that the they did feel threatened, PCG patrol boats are usually armed with a .30 caliber machine gun. Tell me what you think is appropriate defensive measures at the threat of being rammed (take into account that 10 rounds hit the port side of the vessel).

well I think that disabling the engine in an attempt to stop the ship, a fair decent attempt at self defense - But personally I think the 52 rounds that riddled the Port and Front of the Vessel in a wide bullet spread (as investigations currently show) is a tad bit excessive don't you think?

another point everyone forgets to ask, Did the PCG see any alternatives to shooting? Perhaps taking evasive maneuvers? the PCG Ilocos Norte-class patrol boat can move at 25 knots after all... much faster than Fishing trawlers usually...

I think it is too early to speculate what actually happened. It was not that the coast guard shot the vessel immediately. If you see from the investigation map, there were approximately 5 hour gap before the shooting (05.00 to 09.45), we don't know when was the chasing actually happened. Even after shooting, there were 3 hour gap before the incident being reported, a total of 8 hours since the intrusion. A lot of things could happen during this 8 hours.

^^^Yeah a lot of mental suffering those poor fishermen went through too- running away from the murderers.

If Ma is not going to do anything to protect the lives of Taiwanese, he should just resign.

Glad to see American people are still so confident, keep that, you have about maybe 20 or 30 years to have this pride. More or less, you still have 11 CVs , right? So why do your politicians always talk about China threats like old women? It's really not a show of confidence. America is strongest, China is nothing, right?

Good to see you recognize that America is your Daddy. LOL :cheers: :omghaha: :usflag:

kick out all pinoy in Taiwan and employ viets instead

Many Viets are Taiwanese wives. And Taiwanese wives would be insecure with Vietnamese maids in the house. That is why Taiwan only import maids from Philippines as Taiwanese guys would never go for the Philippine girls. As you see, there are no mail order brides from Philippines. Other choices would be Malays or Indonesian but they are more expensive, I believe. Maybe Indians can be considered. I wonder how much do the maids get paid in Taiwan?

Taiwanese maids are also very cheap. They come in the boatload to the United States as cheap labor, working in Chinese restaurants for cheap wages. Don't talk as if Taiwan is some kind of rich country.

Filipinas are gorgeous. Tan skinned and beautiful almond shaped eyes...

f3dc6c8efc46ef1ce18ad4bd10678a331283529877_full.jpg

akojo-com-image-of-Filipina-woman-Prettycharmaine2011_64436.jpg

A typical Pinay
:azn:

Many Viets are Taiwanese wives. And Taiwanese wives would be insecure with Vietnamese maids in the house. That is why Taiwan only import maids from Philippines as Taiwanese guys would never go for the Philippine girls. As you see, there are no mail order brides from Philippines. Other choices would be Malays or Indonesian but they are more expensive, I believe. Maybe Indians can be considered. I wonder how much do the maids get paid in Taiwan?

That's why so many white guys date or marry Filipinas. White Americans find Filipina women exceptionally attractive, so much that a great many of us mingle our white genes with their beautiful malay-spanish mixed genes.

To be honest, I find Filipina women way more attractive than Vietnamese or Chinese women. Filipinas are hellla exotic looking and beautiful. They got a beautiful mix..a lil bit of Spanish, a lil bit of Chinese, a lil bit of Malay... Perfect mixture. The black hair and the beautiful tan skin...

Wow...

8b72df10fc686cf6aeb520a40738e2911237058403_full.jpg

The taiwan official map has shown it clearly that it happened outside Taiwan-claim EEZ border.

The overlapped area is inside the claim border off batanes, which was not the case here as investigated by Taiwan government.

I believe you could read: 南界線外10浬 (10 nm outside southern boder)

you have mistaken over the whole thing:

Read these:

The incident occurred at 10am yesterday, when the Kuang Ta Hsing No. 28 — captained by Hung’s son, Hung Yu-chih (洪育智), and with Hung Shih-cheng, his son-in-law, and one Indonesian national as its crewmembers — was operating at around 164 nautical miles (304km) southeast of Oluanpi (鵝鑾鼻), Pingtung County, the ministry said.......

Liouciou Fishermen’s Association chief executive Tsai Pao-hsing (蔡寶興) said the incident occurred well within the parameters the Pingtung County Government had set for fishing.

Fisherman killed in disputed waters - Taipei Times

According to the Taiwanese government, the shooting occurred at a location that is within exclusive economic zones claimed by both countries. The timing of the shooting and the question of whether the Taiwanese fishing boat had in fact tried to ram the Philippine vessel are under investigation, the Taiwanese government said.

The Taiwanese government said the shooting took place 180 nautical miles southeast of the southernmost tip of Taiwan, a location that is east of several inhabited Philippine islands and much closer to them than to Taiwan. But many jurisdictions around the world, including Taiwan and the Philippines, have not negotiated clear boundaries for exclusive economic zones that overlap.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/11/world/asia/taiwan-demands-apology-from-philippines-for-fishermans-killing.html?_r=0

you have to know what is EEC in the context prescribed by the UN convention.

you have mistaken over the whole thing:

Read these:

you have to know what is EEC in the context prescribed by the UN convention.

Ironic and hypocritical buffoon. You want to use the UN convention now when you are selective in regards to UNCLOS in context to the SCS/WPS situation ? You are hilarious. You use the UN and laws only when it benefits your interests.

Its evident that Taiwanese fisherman was at fault and his death was his own fault. Foolish old man who tried ramming a coast guard ship.

He's lucky the Philippine Coast Guard didn't sink the ship and have his body eaten by sharks.

The Philippine Government shouldn't apologize for anything. And the United States stands with them.

The Taiwanese that I see come to the hospital where I work at and most if not all take advantage of Medicaid, a government subsidized health care provision for people who make BELOW minimum wage or who are in poverty. Many Taiwanese immigrants to the US work as cheap labor in chinese markets making $5-7 an hour (as they are paid mostly under the table; as many of them are illegal and undocumented).

So, please, don't try to say that Taiwan and Taiwanese people are rich and their island a bastion of wealth and gluttonous wealth. If they were so wealthy, why would they come to USA to work for such sub-standard rates?

Filipinos on the other hand and industrious, and VERY EDUCATED. When you think of Filipinos , in the USA, you think of Nurses, Doctors, Physical Therapists.

Good to see you recognize I fark your mom and your grandmoms. Idiot.

tsk tsk, no need to be immature, kid.

PS. White European American women like big sausages not little wiener-schnitzels. :omghaha:

I though they did that your your women boxer rebillion anyone hahahaha:omghaha:

Those Chinese girls do love their BIG White American Daddy.... :omghaha:

Taiwanese maids are also very cheap. They come in the boatload to the United States as cheap labor, working in Chinese restaurants for cheap wages. Don't talk as if Taiwan is some kind of rich country.

Filipinas are gorgeous. Tan skinned and beautiful almond shaped eyes...

f3dc6c8efc46ef1ce18ad4bd10678a331283529877_full.jpg

akojo-com-image-of-Filipina-woman-Prettycharmaine2011_64436.jpg

A typical Pinay

Nice try, Taiwanese no longer come to US to just work as maids. There are some who come here looking for jobs after get thire green card, but couldn't find anything because of education so they end up as maids. But no one come to US just to be a maid. In Taiwan, you see Philippina teachers and nurses coming to Taiwan to work as maids. In US, most maids are Mexicans, at least in the western half of US. I don't know about eastern seaboard, Midwest or South as I never live there. but in the west coast and south west, almost all manual jobs are fill by Mexican or other Latinos.

The Taiwanese that I see come to the hospital where I work at and most if not all take advantage of Medicaid, a government subsidized health care provision for people who make BELOW minimum wage or who are in poverty. Many Taiwanese immigrants to the US work as cheap labor in chinese markets making $5-7 an hour (as they are paid mostly under the table; as many of them are illegal and undocumented).

So, please, don't try to say that Taiwan and Taiwanese people are rich and their island a bastion of wealth and gluttonous wealth. If they were so wealthy, why would they come to USA to work for such sub-standard rates?

Filipinos on the other hand and industrious, and VERY EDUCATED. When you think of Filipinos , in the USA, you think of Nurses, Doctors, Physical Therapists.

tsk tsk, no need to be immature, kid.

PS. White European American women like big sausages not little wiener-schnitzels. :omghaha:

Those Chinese girls do love their BIG White American Daddy.... :omghaha:

You are confused between Chinese and Taiwanese. A lot of Chinese still come as cheap labor as China is still very poor. But not Taiwanese. Stop treat all Chinese or Asians the same. A lot of Filipinos are educated here because the least educated ones can't afford to come to America. They end up in Hong Kong or Taiwan working as maids.

Also, Taiwanese are not in any major concentration outside of Calif. When you use the term Medicaid, you are not from Calif. So you just got caught for lying when you said "a lot of Taiwanese use Medicaid" when Calif do not use the term Medicaid. Stop lying and trying to put down Taiwanese down. I've been living in US over 30 years so I've been here in the states before you were born. So be careful when you lie as I can catch your lies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom