What's new

Taiwan can respond to assassination of unarmed fisherman by the Philippines

Why so 19.5 years ?

China's economy should pass the American economy in 2022

According to the IMF, the American GDP for this year (2013) is projected at $16 trillion. The Chinese GDP is $9 trillion.

The American economy grows at 2% per year and the inflation rate is also 2% per year. Hence, annual American GDP growth is about 4%.

The Chinese economy will grow approximately 7% per year and the inflation rate is 3%. Furthermore, the Chinese currency Yuan is appreciating by about 3% on average against the American dollar. Hence, China's annual nominal GDP growth is 13% per year.

American GDP at end of 2022: $16.2 trillion * (1.04 ^ 9) = $23.06 trillion GDP

Chinese GDP at end of 2022: $9 trillion * (1.13 ^ 9) = $27 trillion GDP

Thus, we see China's GDP will be clearly larger than American GDP by the end of 2022 (which is 9.5 years away).

----------

The general rule of thumb is that it takes ten years for military power to catch up to economic power.

In other words, Chinese military power will start to grow massively after the Chinese economy becomes larger than the American economy. Most observers (using history as a guide), including the Pentagon, have agreed the Chinese military could surpass the U.S. technologically by 2033. Search Google and you can find the American think-tank articles.

In conclusion, the 19.5 years is a countdown. American military power in Asia is on the way out.

----------

so this Philippine coast guard ship is almost the same size of the fishermen's boat. Couldn't imagine the impact if it was rammed.

The important distinction

The Taiwanese fishermen have 52 large-caliber bullet holes in their boat and an unarmed elderly Taiwanese fisherman is dead.

The Philippine coast guard thugs have ZERO bullet hole in their boat and they are the killers of the unarmed Taiwanese fisherman.

That is the important distinction.

The important distinction

The Taiwanese fishermen have 52 large-caliber bullet holes in their boat and an unarmed elderly Taiwanese fisherman is dead.

The Philippine coast guard thugs have ZERO bullet hole in their boat and they are the killers of the unarmed Taiwanese fisherman.

That is the important distinction.

Sadly, I don't think the Philippines will ever release the video of the occurrence. If this tragedy was on their side, you would bet the video would be out by now for all to see and condemn.

Taiwan can play Philippine government's excuse game

Taiwan will claim the Philippine ships were ramming the Taiwanese naval ships. Taiwanese fired warning shots that happened to all hit the Philippine ships. Just like the 52 large-caliber shots by the Philippine coast guard that killed the unarmed Taiwanese fisherman.

See? It's easy to make excuses when the other side is dead.

Taiwan will also withhold all video evidence like the Philippine government. We can play this game too.

Also, if the United States irritates Taiwan then we'll buy Chinese J-10s, Type 054 frigates, etc. Who needs overpriced American weapons? By the way, the modern La Fayette frigate is French.

How would you like Taiwan to allow mainland China to build major submarine, naval, and airforce bases on Taiwan to project power throughout East Asia?

Let's put Chinese ASBMs (anti-ship ballistic missiles) on Taiwan to control the high seas one-thousand miles from Taiwan's coast in all directions.

I'm sure Congress will be very pleased to hear that. The United States is not the only country with leverage in the U.S.-Taiwan relationship.
Oh,u forgot that TW is just an US's dog ? And dog cant betray its boss or it will be killed

If Tawain's president look for China's protection,then he will get killed,and US will simply find another US's dog for this position:pop:

Sadly, I don't think the Philippines will ever release the video of the occurrence. If this tragedy was on their side, you would bet the video would be out by now for all to see and condemn.

very true , it's hard to believe their words when they refused to release the video to public .

LOL how can you accuse someone to be a US dog while you are so passionately want to one yourself- by posting this just a few minutes ago: http://www.defence.pk/forums/china-...-military-news-discussion-22.html#post4286179
We are US's partner,US cant overthorw our govt and set up pro-US regime in VN like what US can do in TW :pop:

very true , it's hard to believe their words when they refused to release the video to public .
Then why should Phil release it ?China also refused to release the video of the incident in 2005 when.they killed unarmed VN's fishermen

We are US's partner,US cant overthorw our govt and set up pro-US regime in VN like what US can do in TW :pop:

Don't so sure. The US can sent in their perfect spies (VNCH or NGOs) and overthrow your government. Saigon will be the new capital.

(no more off topic)

Well just because were bc with the midterm elections here does not mean we stop investigating can you people wait?

Then why should Phil release it ?China also refused to release the video of the incident in 2005 when.they killed unarmed VN's fishermen

in case you don't know China and Taiwan are different country , if you angry for your fellow VN's fisherman , shouldn't you felt the same way for the Taiwanese fisherman in similar tragedy? Both Taiwan and Vietnam were the victims while Philippines and China were the offenders don't they?

Wow really since when did we became the bad guys here this people were stealing from us your just mad because your country's formally train rebels are now going around your country bad guys really?

During the time of Marcos, most of the countries around the Philippines would have already been slapped silent. I wait for the day when our Philippine allies will rise again and become a regional power that they were born to be. Philippines has the potential to become a regional powerhouse.

As for Taiwan, it should be conquored and colonized by the Philippines. It can be part of the Greater Philippine Republic.

Besides, the original Taiwanese were Austronesians / Malays and similar to the Dong Shan culture of Ifugao of Northern Philippines.

Wow really since when did we became the bad guys here this people were stealing from us your just mad because your country's formally train rebels are now going around your country bad guys really?

ok first i need to make myself clear , it was a bad post , i was trying to make an example to stop people talking about other incident , i didn't conclude that Philippines nor China was totally wrong in both incident

As for those rebels ,they had been wiped out ,thanks for your consent , i'm tired of Filipinos kept saying Malaysia government trained the rebels against them, blamed Marcos for that, we were just one of the Islamic countries offered help to them because of the massacre of their people.

Back
Top Bottom