What's new

Taimur: Pakistan's ICBM?

You can just say lack of funds because at this time Pakistan doesnt require a ICBM but they are going after it and spending a lot in it. If these funds are utilized by SUPARCO they might have at least built a SLV by now
Briton is a member of ESA so they do not require a separate space program

ICBM reports have been coming for years now, but there is no official policy or statement on it, thus all we can do best is speculate.

My own take is, ICBM is far away for now, range of upcoming missiles may increase, but MIRVs plus some ABM evading tech would be for now primary option.

I won't be discussing about ICBMs as personally i have not heard anything with that regard.

ESA came into existence in 1975, and UK joined it in 1980, thus what was UK doing before 1980 and as i said before, plz read about the Black Arrow program of UKs.

my only point is,how come Pakistan has ability to make an RV put it in an orbit and guide it during re-entry phase without actually knowing the ballistics. Because we never heard from you, developing your own rocket launching it with a dummy projectile or some related programs. How come you achieved so sophisticated technology without carrying out any experiments on your own. How come you had a knowledge of stage separation or RV separation and sub-orbitals and orbital altitudes with CEP of just 30 meters with such a compact rocket assembly.

if your are talking about a stage separation ballistic missiles with sub-orbital trajectory and RV then SLV's came first.

Ain't i taking the name of China again and again who has helped us in this missile tech.

Thus what is so hard to understand by now ??

I am saying from the start its not a 100% indigenous program, we are not stupid enough to reinvent the wheel and spend billions, we got the tech from someone and started to work on it to improve the new variants and new ones.

And what would be the point of increasing the range of your missiles when your regional adversary (the Indians) is already covered with your current arsenal? Do you have any adversary 7,000 Km away?

Israel should be asked the same question that who they have to target with their Jericho II / III missiles when their adversaries are within a few hundred miles of them.

May be, we don't have an enemy today, but who knows about the future ??

Thus isn't it good to reduce the risk and at a slow pace do research in making a longer range missile as no one is sure of the future.

Missiles must be ready for any distance and any kind of threat.

Babur already has launchers similar to these...what's your point?:what:

oh sorry i forgot it already has it.:cheers:
120px-Babar_Cruise_Missle_at_Ideas_2008.JPG

Reinventing the wheel is stupidity.

Plus, you seriously need to look at Babur & Ra'ad designs and their specifications, may be it can give you an idea that both are different designs with different specifications.

Both missiles origin is also different, babur may have gotten influenced by Tomahawk, but Ra'ad is from something else.

Sir,the Ra'ad differs from Babur only in shape...to reduce the air drag for the aircraft which carries it...the length is shorter so that it can be conveniently attached to the central weapons station,and therefore it has shorter range due to less fuel capacity.....

Of course the Americans have perfected the Tomahawk design...and our Babur is simpler than it...

The difference is that Babur is launched from a tilted angle,the booster motor cannot vector, there are 4 tail fins, and it cannot carry multiple munitions...(I think there are more differences )

We didn't have the Tomahawk in intact form to make an exact copy...we had to make most of the things based on our own designs (booster motor for instance)..

I hope you are getting my point...:cheers:

Both missiles origin is also different, babur may have gotten influenced by Tomahawk, but Ra'ad is from something else.

Additionally, Babur is developed entirely by NESCOM.....
The avionics of Ra'ad is made by AWC...the rest by NESCOM...

We got the tech from them, the know how and assistance, but after that, we are now doing our own research and making our own missiles. Examples are Babur, Ra'ad or you can even check out the earlier Shaheen II and current Shaheen II missiles, which can clearly tell that we are making our own missiles based on our research and are not exact copies of Chinese tech or given by the Chinese.

Just for your information, Ghaznavi has been modified by introducing an aero-spike on the warhead which reduces drag and increases range...:yahoo:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom