What's new

Tahir ul Qadri demolished by Chief Justice at the Supreme Court Day 1

If he does not have the right to file a petition for being a dual nationality holder then why were all the parliamentarians and ministers and other politicians with 1+ nationalities allowed to run the country?

Running a country is bigger issue than filing a petition.

Obviously a dual nationality holder can file a petition. Filing a petition and proving a legitimate locus standi are two different things. Apex court has already accepted his petition for hearing, had court rejected the petition judges would not have been hearing Qadri. Qadri sahib is being asked for his locus standi, i.e how exactly does the composition of the EC affect his basic rights.

... this man had sworn his allegiance to british govenment and was willing to interfare in pakistani politics!!,I think his plan was to become a revolutionary hero and to win elections,then he was about to act as a pawn for british policies ...

When you receive a Canadian citizenship, you have to acknowledge and pledge loyalty to Canada and its (ceremonial) Head of State who is Queen Elizabeth II.

Apart from being the functional Head of State of the UK, she is also the ceremonial Head of State of Australia, New Zealand and some other smaller nations.

So TuQ's pledge of loyalty was to Canada, not the UK.

On a second note, I have no doubts that TuQ's intentions are well-meant. It's just that he seems a bit immature where politics are concerned. Fiery speeches can only get you so far but when push comes to shove, TuQ and TMQP/PAT are the underdogs in a heavyweight battle.

Questioning of SC over dual nationality of TQ is bs. Pakistani law allows and dual nationals have almost full rights as any Pakistani only national. SC is just distracting and trying to humilate TQ by making him wait for 5 hours and then ridiculing him. (Could anyone imagine he would have done to NS And SS when they came for memogate things?) Qadri is not asking anything for himself.

What TuQ and many People would want is that SC come out openely over its political thinking and its sympathesies. If it wants current System of election to stay which will almost likely elect same thugs, this means CJ is of opinion of such govt to continue (PPP or PMLN ). If he were to work make the election process more transparant and make it more difficult for the criminal/currupt politicians to get elected, it should give a favourable decision on this Petition.

But CJ will avoid coming out openely on it, rather would try (as he is saying), this is not a 'Forum for this' and TuQ should go somewhere else.

What this nonsese, anybody with sense knows SC has been since its restoration intervening in every Institution to every matter of the Country. The only Thing it decides whether it does not want to come clear on something, he will say 'This is not in our jurisdiction' ... BS

there is a misconception here that he got his canadian citizenship as an asylum seeker. that is not true! he got it as a religious leader and this is what it says on his immigration papers.

and btw asking someone to read the 'oath' serves no legal purpose but only means to ridicule the person. The only legal debate on this should be concerning the constitutional provisions related to the dual nationals and how much 'pakistanis' are they considered to be under pakinstani law.

Questioning of SC over dual nationality of TQ is bs. Pakistani law allows and dual nationals have almost full rights as any Pakistani only national. SC is just distracting and trying to humilate TQ by making him wait for 5 hours and then ridiculing him. Qadri is not asking anything for himself.

What TuQ and many People would want is that SC come out openely over its political thinking and its sympathesies. If it wants current System of election to stay which will almost likely elect same thugs, this means CJ is of opinion of such govt to continue (PPP or PMLN ). If he were to work make the election process more transparant and make it more difficult for the criminal/currupt politicians to get elected, it should give a favourable decision on this Petition.

But CJ will avoid coming out openely on it, rather would try (as he is saying), this is not a 'Forum for this' and TuQ should go somewhere else.

What this nonsese, anybody with sense knows SC has been since its restoration intervening in every Institution to every matter of the Country. The only Thing it decides whether it does not want to come clear on something, he will say 'This is not in our jurisdiction' ... BS

Agreed, this focus on Canadian Nationality is absolute poppycock. There are other ways to determine if a petitioner has locus standi and focusing on a singular - politically motivated - criterion i.e dual nationality is hardly one. Also if the CJ's remark about dual nationals not interfering with Pakistani politics is true - then that's one of the most silliest comments I've ever heard and its unbecoming of a man that's the head of Pakistan's most superior judiciary.

Overseas Pakistani's / Dual Nationals are already "meddling in the internal affairs" Of Pakistan - Pakistan Tehreeke Insaf and it's chairman Imran Khan first and foremost has the biggest stake in the overseas community - most of his funding for both political and welfare projects come from overseas. Pervez Musharraf also hops from New York/London/Dubai and has built up a party exclusively overseas. Altaf hussain - the less said the better. This notion that only dual nationals will run in the time of need - My question - were the Ganja brothers dual nationals? They did a runner to Jeddah/London - what about the Bhutto clan? London/Dubai - and our commando? London/Dubai. Fact of the matter is that in terms of "loyalty" It's these pure blooded Pakistani single nationals that have raped Pakistan over and over - not so much those who are keeping Pakistan's foreign reserves and balance of payment in a somewhat manageable position with their continued support for the motherland through remittances.

CJ needs to stop villifying an entire community that is so vital to Pakistans prosperity - If he had to give a statement it should of read: "the judiciary should not interfere with internal politics of Pakistan and should restrain from judicial activism"

At the same time:

2-12-2013_136200_1.gif

and I propose that to Show those moroons who consider overseas Pakistanis any 'less Pakistani' stop remitences for a few months and then see what happens. Maybe the Case Govt has no Money to pay salaries to These moronic judges and their perks.

DEAR FRIEND! the biggest remiitence comes from PAKISTANI LABOUR CLASS in the MIDDLE EAST! and they DON'T HAVE DUAL nationality!

they send money back home to their families. i can't think of ANY DUAL CITIZEN PAKISTANI sending MONEY from UK,USA to their families! reason is simple they usually migrate as a whole family or are doing so well off that they don't really need to!

SAUDI,UAE,KUWAT,BAHRAIN & QATAR is where most of our remittence orginates from!

DEAR FRIEND! the biggest remiitence comes from PAKISTANI LABOUR CLASS in the MIDDLE EAST! and they DON'T HAVE DUAL nationality!

they send money back home to their families. i can't think of ANY DUAL CITIZEN PAKISTANI sending MONEY from UK,USA to their families! reason is simple they usually migrate as a whole family or are doing so well off that they don't really need to!

SAUDI,UAE,KUWAT,BAHRAIN & QATAR is where most of our remittence orginates from!

That maybe true in recent years, middle east has become the new hub of remittances but you can't write off dual nationals just like that. There is still significant revenue being generated from Europe/UK/Americas. I can give many example of families from the west investing in business in Pakistan which is actually more beneficial than simple remittances being mostly used for household consumption being sent back from labour class Pakistani's. I can also give you literally hundreds of example of people in europe/UK who are quitting their jobs for 1/2 months to come back and help in elections - especially PTI supporters but also Pervez Musharraf Supporters. IMHO this myth of targeting overseas Pakistani's / Dual Nationals needs to stop. CJ should hear the case on the merit of the application.

That's the whole dilemma about dual nationals, especially those who reside year round in the other country, Canada in Qadri's case.

There are many reasons to go dual, and benefits are obvious. Taking a benefit is okay too. But there shouldn't be any lying in the process. If now there is a conflict, he should choose one over the other.

There are many reasons to go dual, and benefits are obvious. Taking a benefit is okay too. But there shouldn't be any lying in the process. If now there is a conflict, he should choose one over the other.

Very much true - However, where is the conflict in this case? All he's asking is about constitution of the ECP _ what is this nonsense about him having to read out his oath in public- is that not humiliation? Why should a court of low have to stoop to this level? Just hear the case on its merit and stop this dramabaazi - Don't get me wrong - I thinik TUQ is a total dramabaaz - He'll do anything for his 10 minutes of fame - he's been like this way before he acquired "canadian nationality" I believe his demands are extra constitutional - However, the attitude taken by CJP is discriminatory and deplorable.

That maybe true in recent years, middle east has become the new hub of remittances but you can't write off dual nationals just like that. There is still significant revenue being generated from Europe/UK/Americas. I can give many example of families from the west investing in business in Pakistan which is actually more beneficial than simple remittances being mostly used for household consumption being sent back from labour class Pakistani's. I can also give you literally hundreds of example of people in europe/UK who are quitting their jobs for 1/2 months to come back and help in elections - especially PTI supporters but also Pervez Musharraf Supporters. IMHO this myth of targeting overseas Pakistani's / Dual Nationals needs to stop. CJ should hear the case on the merit of the application.

oversees PAkISTANIS deserve ALL the respect and admiration BUT DUAL nationals not so much reason is simple. they divided their own patritism. hence their rights also get depleted!

oversees PAKISTANIS are good but DUAL NATIONALS NO! simple logic if canada and Pakistan go to war god forbid who will TUQ align himself with?

will he break his oath to the queen or to Pakistan?

oversees PAkISTANIS deserve ALL the respect and admiration BUT DUAL nationals not so much reason is simple. they divided their own patritism. hence their rights also get depleted!

oversees PAKISTANIS are good but DUAL NATIONALS NO! simple logic if canada and Pakistan go to war god forbid who will TUQ align himself with?

will he break his oath to the queen or to Pakistan?

Do we have a crystal ball to see who they will align themselves with? It's a sweeping statement to say all dual nationality holders are bad - If it was such a security issue why allow it in the first place and give citizens to hold more than one nationality. Also this notion that once another nationality is acquired the said person ceases to be a citizen of Pakistan is absurd. TUQ was born in Pakistan - Jhang - He set up wellfair projects here- more than what most Pakistani's can claim - Again will all that be wiped away - Sorry I don't follow your logic at all - More damage / ghaddari has been done by Pakistani nationals than dual nationals - Predicting/gauging how patriotic one is a ridiculous endevour.

What do you know about conflict and why does TuQ has to be the first one?

How many times have you criticized 'Hamid Saeed Kazmi' ?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom