What's new

T-129 Atak & Turkish Attack Helicopter Programs

Atak-II-T929-Agir-Sinif-Taarruz-Helikopteri-1024x683.png
+1 Holy damage

Good looking hello.
Ask Bundeswehr if they don't want to purchase it !

Has Turkey asked for TOT/License manufacture of the engine for ATAKII from Ukraine’s Motor Sich as a backstop ? Or is it temporary - to be replaced by a Turkish engine later - so no need for it ?

Has Turkey asked for TOT/License manufacture of the engine for ATAKII from Ukraine’s Motor Sich as a backstop ? Or is it temporary - to be replaced by a Turkish engine later - so no need for it ?

Ukrain do not give ToT or they want to join develop engines, the engine will be stopgap solution untill the Turkish engine is finished. Beside that the Ukrain engine is made for naval applications so ATAK 2 will be able to navalized.

Ukrain do not give ToT or they want to join develop engines, the engine will be stopgap solution untill the Turkish engine is finished. Beside that the Ukrain engine is made for naval applications so ATAK 2 will be able to navalized.

If that's the case... then we should SLAP them Ukrainians silly, to show them who is the MASTER here....

Some nations don't know or acknowledge the fact of Superior Turkish MASTER..

This chopper is really huge!

They will also have different roles on the battlefield. Very long-range loitering munitions are being developed specifically for this helicopter. In terms of design, it would be better to wait for a high-resolution photo. I have doubts about whether the nose is the final design. It seems that maximum visibility is targeted for the FLIR position, but I still think that it will be a bit more embedded in the lower nose fairing.

This chopper is really huge!

They will also have different roles on the battlefield. Very long-range loitering munitions are being developed specifically for this helicopter. In terms of design, it would be better to wait for a high-resolution photo. I have doubts about whether the nose is the final design. It seems that maximum visibility is targeted for the FLIR position, but I still think that it will be a bit more embedded in the lower nose fairing.
T-129 really fulfilled all our needs in anti-insurgency campaigns. I said this when T-129 was first made and I'll say it again, heavy weight attack helicopters are quickly becoming obsolete. AH-64 Apache was a cold war design that was made to counter tens of thousands of tanks warsaw pact had, no country possesses such great quantities of armor these days and conventional battlefield is full of MANPADS.

Unless there's a magical solution to MANPADS threat, this type of helicopter will be useless in the next war, as we're already seeing in Ukraine. Where T929 will shine is the Turkish Navy. We have very few Seahawks for the size of the navy we have and it is highly unlikely that we'll get new Seahawks.

We should replace all the blackhawks in police and civilian service with Gökbey helicopters and transfer all blackhawks to the army and navy. Then we could do a repeat of the Yarasa program.

What the **** the Police need 10 ton helicopters for? We're squandering our resources.

Last edited:
T-129 really fulfilled all our needs in anti-insurgency campaigns. I said this when T-129 was first made and I'll say it again, heavy weight attack helicopters are quickly becoming obsolete. AH-64 Apache was a cold war design that was made to counter tens of thousands of tanks warsaw pact had, no country possesses such great quantities of armor these days and conventional battlefield is full of MANPADS.

Unless there's a magical solution to MANPADS threat, this type of helicopter will be useless in the next war, as we're already seeing in Ukraine. Where T929 will shine is the Turkish Navy. We have very few Seahawks for the size of the navy we have and it is highly unlikely that we'll get new Seahawks.

We should replace all the blackhawks in police and civilian service with Gökbey helicopters and transfer all blackhawks to the army and navy. Then we could do a repeat of the Yarasa program.

What the **** the Police need 10 ton helicopters for? We're squandering our resources.
I disagree. These helicopters do have strategic value in a war theatre in the Aegis region.

it has the DIRCM to protect against those manpads, plus EW and even with 360 degree radar coverage it can also shoot coming missiles with its 30mm air burst gun which will be the future

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom