What's new

T-129 Atak & Turkish Attack Helicopter Programs

What about the info on :
ATGM
MMW Radar
Thanks
  • L/UMTAS and UMTAS ATGMS (160 mm diameter and quadruple pylon)
  • CİRİT 2.75/70 mm missile for lightly armored/unarmored target (quad pod)

The comprehensive MWR upgrade will begin with the ATAK-II. Details are here: https://www.meteksan.com/en/products/radar-systems/mildar-helicopter-fire-control-radar

In addition, studies have been carried out on under-wing radome variants for T-129. Integration of this system is possible upon user request.
ATAK-M%C4%B0LDAR.png

The main difference between Phase-1 and Phase-2 helicopters is not in the field of ammunition, but in Electronic Warfare (EW) systems and countermeasure electronic (ECM) systems.

Last edited:

AW-249 first flight ; Italian helicopter with same engine specs as the T-929. What’s the progress on the indigenous Turkish engines for the T-929?

Also any indication the T-919 will have more than one FLIR sensor so each the pilot and the gunner can have their own sensors, similar to the Apache?

ATAK T-129 F2 with RFJ Pod
FcM7-UvXoAMSMzm

In the TURAZ Exercise, trainings will be made against the short, medium and long range air defense systems in the Azerbaijan army inventory.

Wow so fast

the experience of the T129 no doubt will help this programme
I'm not that excited to be honest. T129 takes care of our immediate needs. We're not in dire need of a heavier attack helicopter.

I would like TAI to take their time and design a compound helicopter. It seems like this is the way the world is heading.

I'm not that excited to be honest. T129 takes care of our immediate needs. We're not in dire need of a heavier attack helicopter.
I agree. The major benefit of the T929 in my opinion will be to form the infrastructure of the T925, a general purpose helicopter. I also think that Ukrainian engines are a temporary solution, that we will eventually have to develop the TEI TS3000 engine.

I agree. The major benefit of the T929 in my opinion will be to form the infrastructure of the T925, a general purpose helicopter. I also think that Ukrainian engines are a temporary solution, that we will eventually have to develop the TEI TS3000 engine.
A naval variant that can carry the Çakır missile would also be nice but why no make it a compound helicopter with co-axial rotors? Like Sikorsky SB-1 ?

The American AH1 and AH64 duo works well enough but these are helicopters that came out during the cold war. We don't have to do it like what they did.

I think we would be better served by looking into future and I think this is the future:
Sikorsky%E2%80%93Boeing_SB-1_Defiant_%28cropped%29.jpg

d
A naval variant that can carry the Çakır missile would also be nice but why no make it a compound helicopter with co-axial rotors? Like Sikorsky SB-1 ?

The American AH1 and AH64 duo works well enough but these are helicopters that came out during the cold war. We don't have to do it like what they did.

I think we would be better served by looking into future and I think this is the future:
Sikorsky%E2%80%93Boeing_SB-1_Defiant_%28cropped%29.jpg

definitely not

SB-1 program has cost billions and billons of dollars and unit cost is astronomical

these programs are for US, Russia and China dont think even EU can do it on their own

Turkey should stick to what its working on for its own requirements and not look at others

d

definitely not

SB-1 program has cost billions and billons of dollars and unit cost is astronomical

these programs are for US, Russia and China dont think even EU can do it on their own

Turkey should stick to what its working on for its own requirements and not look at others
I agree. Our current main problem is engine problem. There can be no meaningful progress without solving the engine problem. Then our helicopter fleet will need to be made complete.

In this process, if our 3000 hp domestic engines mature and the market conditions are suitable, we can start the domestic tiltrotor program after 20 years. We are not in a position to afford luxuries like the SB-1 program.

US economy and US military industrial complex functions such that R&D of a conventional helicopter would cost billions as well.

I believe this type of aircraft is still much cheaper to develop, produce and maintain than the tilt rotors like V-22 Osprey while accomplishing the same task. The money spent on this would be well worth it. And it would give Turkey great export abilities since we would be basically unrivaled. Cash inflow from the exports would more than pay for the initial investment.

Our current main problem is engine problem. There can be no meaningful progress without solving the engine problem. Then our helicopter fleet will need to be made complete.

In this process, if our 3000 hp domestic engines mature and the market conditions are suitable, we can start the domestic tiltrotor program after 20 years. We are not in a position to afford luxuries like the SB-1 program.
I don't disagree, I just think that T129 covers our needs right now and we can take our time to come up with something that is truly the best

instead of just another AH-64 or Mi-28

Screenshot 2023-01-24 at 22.26.10.png

Bahrain has started to take deliveries of their overhauled and upgrade AH-1 Cobras from TAI

they are as good a new

I wonder why Pakistan did not send its prehistoric Cobras to Turkey for such a upgrade

Back
Top Bottom