What's new

T-129 Atak & Turkish Attack Helicopter Programs

Let's get back to the principal topic of this thread, guys. :)

Question. How much of the subsystems and avionics of the ATAK are turkish? All?

So I take that the transmission is Italian, and for now, the engine is American?

Last edited:
Atak Faz-2
Ec5FqyFWoAMJygB

do they resitct their weapons for US germany france and england or australia too?

they refused to sell an engine for altay as I remember right..
Dont know but when RI govt interested with shin maewa, japanese didint sell it

Let's get back to the principal topic of this thread, guys. :)

Question. How much of the subsystems and avionics of the ATAK are turkish? All?

So I take that the transmission is Italian, and for now, the engine is American?

The transmission is not italian, turkish. The first phase in the order was given to a German company producing because there had been no investment in metallurgy and infrastructure, currently in Turkey in the Gur Metal processing company. All avionics are under the responsibility of Aselsan, Aselsan EHTES is used as self-defense (Sensing Sensors, Flare etc.), Indicators in the cockpit and Flir are likewise Aselsan. As far as I can remember, the disco ball on the helicopter is produced under license by Aselsan. In other words, ready Turks can not get engine. then it would be better if you do not trust your authors too much, saying "shake something by heart."

The transmission is not italian, turkish. The first phase in the order was given to a German company producing because there had been no investment in metallurgy and infrastructure, currently in Turkey in the Gur Metal processing company. All avionics are under the responsibility of Aselsan, Aselsan EHTES is used as self-defense (Sensing Sensors, Flare etc.), Indicators in the cockpit and Flir are likewise Aselsan. As far as I can remember, the disco ball on the helicopter is produced under license by Aselsan. In other words, ready Turks can not get engine. then it would be better if you do not trust your authors too much, saying "shake something by heart."

Thank you! Hope the engine gets accelerated even further (TS1400)

The transmission is not italian, turkish. The first phase in the order was given to a German company producing because there had been no investment in metallurgy and infrastructure, currently in Turkey in the Gur Metal processing company.

You Wot M8 ? When did Germans get involved?

DtBfIl2XgAYAMLm.jpg

You Wot M8 ? When did Germans get involved?

View attachment 651202
T-625 will be tested by the end of 2020 with own transmission and TS1400. The name TS1400 is bit misleading as it had already 1600 shp in it's first tests so I assume they'll either rename it to TS1600 or completely new name. Will see in the future.

T-625 will be tested by the end of 2020 with own transmission and TS1400. The name TS1400 is bit misleading as it had already 1600 shp in it's first tests so I assume they'll either rename it to TS1600 or completely new name. Will see in the future.

I think it will be downrated to the 1400 class it is supposed to be in for the ATAk and the T625.

hopefully they can test it ASAP in the Pakistani himalayas test.

The 1400 most probably comes from nominal power not maximum power

It’s bad that T-129 still depends on American engines and that just stops us from delivering the choppers to Pakistan and the Philippines.

On the other hand though it makes me happy that Pakistan and the Filipinos are willing to wait patiently for OUR helicopter when they have Chinese and American alternatives that are ready for delivery without any obstacles.
This only shows how good our ATAK is and how much of a great quality product it is.

May Allah protect and bless all Turkish engineers for their great work.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom