What's new

T-129 Atak & Turkish Attack Helicopter Programs

Why would they be begging? They have more than enough customers, let's hope we won't go begging US for F110 engines for TFX!

We prolly will though lol. I dont expect to see a domestic engine for TF-X in the next decade.

As we know T129 has US engine problem, they wont give us engine exporting T129 to Pakistan.

Thats why TAI working on another Atak copter on T625 base with local engine and transmission.

As i guess we will be solved that problem with this way, inshAllah it will be ready as soon as possible.
InshAllah my brother...:turkey::pakistan:

https://www.janes.com/defence-news/news-detail/philippines-dnd-seeks-t129-guarantees-from-turkey

See, MaxDefense said that we are NOT getting the ATAK anymore, and getting the battlehawk instead with FINALITY, yet this pops up OFFICIALLY.

Now you guys see what I was saying?

"Andolong’s comments follow a reported decision by the PAF’s technical working group in June to discontinue efforts to procure the T129 in favour of an attack helicopter platform from the United States."

This rumour came from the MD post saying TWG (Technical working group) selected a USA chopper.

https://www.janes.com/defence-news/news-detail/philippines-dnd-seeks-t129-guarantees-from-turkey

See, MaxDefense said that we are NOT getting the ATAK anymore, and getting the battlehawk instead with FINALITY, yet this pops up OFFICIALLY.

"Andolong’s comments follow a reported decision by the PAF’s technical working group in June to discontinue efforts to procure the T129 in favour of an attack helicopter platform from the United States."

This rumour came from the MD post saying TWG (Technical working group) selected a USA chopper.
US Pressure at its best ;)

Is EJ-200 not available to Turkey and will Turkey consider getting Russian engines?

Turkey should not source the engines from Russia, Europe, or the United States, because they could all harm Turkey and its projects by sanctioning Turkey at their will. Why Turkey does not turn to Japan? As far as I know, Turkey doesn't have bad relations with Japan and besides, Japan is technically capable of anything?

Turkey should not source the engines from Russia, Europe, or the United States, because they could all harm Turkey and its projects by sanctioning Turkey at their will. Why Turkey does not turn to Japan? As far as I know, Turkey doesn't have bad relations with Japan and besides, Japan is technically capable of anything?
How are the Japanese progressing with their indigenous engine?

Japanese restric some arms (also engine etc) importation because their own rule post ww2.

USA is sanction and slap you, by not giving you engines. And you reward you, by buying US stuffs. You must think on other strategy to strike back.

Arms sale restriction of Japan.

How are the Japanese progressing with their indigenous engine?
Contrary to the outside world, Japan has the technology and the know-how - to develop engines without problems. Problems for Japan include WW2 agreements and pressure from the United States. Japan as such, however, has a number of companies that are able to manufacture engines for all possible platforms - whether air force, navy, or army.

The engine for the planned MX2 - the 'IHI XF5-1' is already in the test phase and has successfully passed tests. One has to bear in mind that these engines are technically very advanced and that basic help would make things much easier for turkey with regard to developing its own engines.

USA is sanction and slap you, by not giving you engines. And you reward you, by buying US stuffs. You must think on other strategy to strike back.

Arms sale restriction of Japan.
I know - that's what I said - but again - tech.trans. is something different from "importing arms" directly -

Japan could really earn heavy revenues if it drops it's restrictions on defense export matters.
Japan has committed itself to pacifism after WW2, but it has to unleash itself, and its starting to do so ... Japan has set a record in terms of armaments expenditure in 2018 ... in terms of technology, Japan could have the potential to build up one of the strongest and most modern armies within a few years... but that does not change the fact that turkey hardly deals directly with Far Eastern countries. again: tech transfer should be possible...
after all, turkey and japan have had a very close and special friendship since 1890 -

Back
Top Bottom