What's new

T-129 Atak & Turkish Attack Helicopter Programs

That's the ceiling of A129. Someone must have referred to that one.

T129 is heavier than A129, but uses a better engine. Would it give a 50% increase in ceiling as claimed and come close to LCH? Wait and see.

What do you mean wait and see, T-129 is in use and battle proven having Terminated hundreds of Terrorists. HAL LCH is yet to prove itself in a battle environment.

484px-T-129_ATAK_vs_AH-1W_irtifa.svg.png

What do you mean wait and see, T-129 is in use and battle proven having Terminated hundreds of Terrorists. HAL LCH is yet to prove itself in a battle environment.
No helicopter is tested to its limits until it's operated in Indo-Pak.

We're talking about the ceiling anyway. Not being in battle. There's no question that A129 is a proven platform.

Environmental factors should also be added. Cold and heavy winds in this instance combined with height. Would it match LCH ceiling in those conditions, wait and see. That's all.

We're talking about the ceiling anyway. Not being in battle. There's no question that A129 is a proven platform.

Environmental factors should also be added. Cold and heavy winds in this instance combined with height. Would it match LCH ceiling in those conditions, wait and see. That's all.
As you claim, "no helicopter is tested to its limits until it's operated in Indo-Pak," they actually tested T-129 in Pakistan so going by your claims, it was tested to its limits. It took several years to reach the decision as the tests were extensive ranging from extreme hot to extreme cold keeping in view environmental factors and operational feasibility/requirements.

Can you show me a single HAL video like this?

of course man... huge differences... I even saw a video that Indians compared with Hal, they wrote that T129 goes only to 4500 meters height which is big lie...
Just check the thermal cameras of HAL and see how small and old technology it is...
I am not into whose heli is better,yours or ours.we all know Turkey does make NATO standard weapon systems,as it is in NATO but by saying that LCH FLIR is old technology and small you are lying or uninformed.as you say it's small,it might be so because it's more compact than yours because it's a 3rd generation CoMPASS FLIR from Elbit systems (ELOP),Israel.manufactured with technical collaboration under ToT by Bharath Electronics Ltd and Aselflir 300T is used on T129 Atak.regarding huge differences in MTOW and Service ceiling - LCH is 5800kg and 6500m(HAL website) & T129 ATAK is 5065kg and 4572m(TAI website) if you want you can check from the details given on both the manufacturer website.is ELOP COMPASS FLIR old technology?we know Turkey makes good weapons but that doesn't means you have to belittle others.

Attachments

• e0ab0ce0_3ac3_441c_ac50_195e17a324d5_104201.pdf
    411.6 KB · Views: 48
There's no question that A129 is a proven platform.
A129 is an Italian helicopter,T129 is Turkish,take a look at the specs and see the difference,or are you just trolling?
By your logic,

MBB(Messerschmitt-Bölkow-Blohm > HAL DHRUV >HAL LCH,so they are MBB 105?

A129 is an Italian helicopter,T129 is Turkish,take a look at the specs and see the difference,or are you just trolling?
By your logic,

MBB(Messerschmitt-Bölkow-Blohm > HAL DHRUV >HAL LCH,so they are MBB 105?
If you read the rest of my posts, you'll know that I'm not trolling.
So take that sentence as "T129 is based on a proven platform". It's a compliment.

The right comparison would be with BrahMos. Based on a proven platform, but made more versatile, and most importantly, localised.

That base platform is very very important and significant.

If you read the rest of my posts, you'll know that I'm not trolling.
So take that sentence as "T129 is based on a proven platform".

The right comparison would be with BrahMos. Based on a proven platform, but made more versatile, and most importantly, localised.

That base platform is very very important and significant.
The T-129 is by itself a proven platform,used for at least the last 4 years in the south-east of the country against terrorist elements,it is used as a base for the ATAK 2(design fase) the next fase of which your neighbour will be a partner.

I am not into whose heli is better,yours or ours.we all know Turkey does make NATO standard weapon systems,as it is in NATO but by saying that LCH FLIR is old technology and small you are lying or uninformed.as you say it's small,it might be so because it's more compact than yours because it's a 3rd generation CoMPASS FLIR from Elbit systems (ELOP),Israel.manufactured with technical collaboration under ToT by Bharath Electronics Ltd and Aselflir 300T is used on T129 Atak.regarding huge differences in MTOW and Service ceiling - LCH is 5800kg and 6500m(HAL website) & T129 ATAK is 5065kg and 4572m(TAI website) if you want you can check from the details given on both the manufacturer website.is ELOP COMPASS FLIR old technology?we know Turkey makes good weapons but that doesn't means you have to belittle others.

You do not understand the parameters on TAI website. 'HOGE and HIGE' are hover parameters over or in ground effect with mission payload, it is not Service Ceiling. Find HOGE and HIGE specs of HAL LCH and compare it. You'll find T-129 is superior.

Last edited:

You're comparing the T129's mission-loaded service ceiling with the LCH's unloaded service ceiling. Stop comparing specifications you don't understand.

If you can't handle Indian systems being criticised maybe you should remain in the comfort of the India section? I'm sure you can understand why spreading false specifications might look like trolling to many members here.

They all answered you very clear, i hope you learned the difference now...
I really wish you can get those numbers for HAL for us..

Beside, those two helicopters won't fight to each other literally with AA Missiles.. they are against land units and tanks etc. it is such a ridiculus to me, to compare each other.

Ps; if you were buyer , and if you opened a tender ; to choose; you can compare difference. But altough you are rivals, these platform are not rivals to each other. as an advice , it is more usefull to compare the ew capabalities, soft and hardkill capasities, especially against to manpads ; and capabilities to destroy tanks, flir range, missile range and penetration capability of missile and reliable flying and maintanance capability.. logistic advantages (from friend country without any limit).

Back
Top Bottom