What's new

T-129 Atak & Turkish Attack Helicopter Programs

AH64 is technically outdated

:lol: .........

It can control UAV's and refuel in flight?....Also, i know a radar was in development, haven't been able to see it on the helicopter yet.

It can control UAV's and refuel in flight?....Also, i know a radar was in development, haven't been able to see it on the helicopter yet.
"AH64 is technically outdated, Block III avionics upgrades are somewhat impressive but again T129 is coming with the same capabilities"

First learn english...
I've praised Block III avionics. As for refueling, we don't have any tanker aircraft that is slow enough to refuel a rotary-wing.
85021213.jpg

Obviously KC-135s can't match speed with those. So it doesn't matter

Just forgive those kids & enjoy PDF.:lol:

"AH64 is technically outdated, Block III avionics upgrades are somewhat impressive but again T129 is coming with the same capabilities"

First learn english...
I've praised Block III avionics. As for refueling, we don't have any tanker aircraft that is slow enough to refuel a rotary-wing.
85021213.jpg

Obviously KC-135s can't match speed with those. So it doesn't matter

Is those a German Tornado ?

First learn english...

Explain how the current non block III are outdated. Thanks.

Cold War is Over. It Cost to much and Hellfire missiles are not that what they be excepted!

The Enemy has changed.

How will the planned block III be cheaper to operate and with your standards more technically contemporary because of it?

Are hellfire's the only munition it can use? Enemy hasn't changed so much the 30mm gun is useless.

Stop talking BS out of some Turkish nationalistic bravado to extoll the vurtues of the (Italian designed-dont forget) T-129.

How will the planned block III be cheaper to operate and with your standards more technically contemporary because of it?

Are hellfire's the only munition it can use? Enemy hasn't changed so much the 30mm gun is useless.

Stop talking BS out of some Turkish nationalistic bravado to extoll the vurtues of the (Italian designed-dont forget) T-129.

Sry but T-129 Design is Only Italian ,are not ,its a little bit More EU Design.

We dont Say that the AH-64 is bad ,but it needs are more Usefull upgrade then the Actually,or why the USMC using Ah-1z viper ?

Sry but T-129 Design is Only Italian ,are not ,its a little bit More EU Design.

We dont Say that the AH-64 is bad ,but it needs are more Usefull upgrade then the Actually,or why the USMC using Ah-1z viper ?

First sentence i don not understand what you mean.

Someone said it is "outdated" and you defended that statement. As for the Cobra's...

Bell AH-1 SuperCobra - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Read the design and development section.

First sentence i don not understand what you mean.

Someone said it is "outdated" and you defended that statement. As for the Cobra's...

Bell AH-1 SuperCobra - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Read the design and development section.

I think, we should first understand what they mean by "outdated". I think what they are saying is, you can find other systems which provides same/similar abillities as AH64 for much cheaper price and cheaper maintenance cost.

I'd really like to know what @cabatli_53 thinks about how/if AH64s are "technically outdated" though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Explain how the current non block III are outdated. Thanks.
M230 chaingun is very inaccurate and an overkill for infantry and most APCs. Having this 30mm gun means you have to fly with a bigger ammo-box but still having less ammo to fire. 16x Hellfire+Longbow is a crappy configuration to fly with, considering there are no more vast tank forces in the world.

All this extra weight not only adds to the cost but also makes Apache a big fat target for RPGs. It's a horrible idea to fly with between mountains and canyons. It also makes it necessary to fly with a much stronger engine, and more power output means more heat output. Which isn't a good thing.

T129 is a much better answer to the needs of most armies in the world. We have lighter, data-link guided lighter ATGMs and the world's first laser guided 70mm rockets. First very good for network-centric warfare and the second is ideal for asymmetric threats. As for Longbow, we do have milimetric-wave radars(check mildar) but we don't use them on attack helicopters. It's a great unnecessity.
Cobras(AH1W and on) were designed after the test of Vietnam war, with all the factors of asymmetric warfare in mind. AH64 was designed to counter the vast tank forces of the Warsaw pact. Do you get it now? Asymmetric threats will always be present in this world but the cold war is over.

I think, we should first understand what they mean by "outdated". I think what they are saying is, you can find other systems which provides same/similar abillities as AH64 for much cheaper price and cheaper maintenance cost.

I'd really like to know what @cabatli_53 thinks about how/if AH64s are "technically outdated" though.

They dont understand there are light attack helicopters and heavy attack helicopters. Apache has double the take-off weight of the T-129 and the Tiger. That would logically translate as an ability to carry more weapons (by weight), has bigger internal volume for more electronics and at least some more armoring.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom