What's new

T-129 Atak & Turkish Attack Helicopter Programs

What is this ? Some kind of an All for one & one for all kinda sh*t whereby you jump in to defend any Arab thats taken a dig at ! :lol:

You never did that for me ! :cray:

Nop, talking about T-129 ATAK like this is ridiculous, it's a good hel for a starter to produce but it's no AH-64 my friend. Turkey mainly made it to counter rebels, and my opinion was that Boeing AH-6, as it's lighter, faster, maneuverable is better to do the job, my opinion:

ah6i1.jpg

However, Turkey is looking for self sufficiency in this field, good for them, but why would others buy them when there are much more advanced and reliable weapons?

Nop, talking about T-129 ATAK like this is ridiculous, it's a good hel for a starter to produce but it's no AH-64 my friend. Turkey made it to counter rebels, and my opinion was that Boeing AH-6, as it's lighter, faster, maneuverable is better to do the job, my opinion:

However, Turkey is looking for self sufficiency in this field, good for them, but why would others buy them when there are much more advanced and reliable weapons?

Well the Pakistan Army looked at it & they seemed impressed albeit severely cash strapped to procure it & because whatever attack helicopters we procure we'd consider their Anti-Tank & Ground Support role as well considering our very real threat from India & we needed a good enough platform for COIN in the immediate, it must be a pretty decent bet ! :tup:

We've been using the Cobras right now for COIN & as our primary Ground Support platform & if the Pakistan Army is looking into the T-129s then they must've rated them higher than them & with a future growth potential !

Jordan should look into it as well !

Guys stop acting like a kids. despite of some keyboard warriors here. we have very good ties to the arabic countries, what we had never before. i am sure, if all the developments are matured. we will more collaborations between the countries like Saudia Arabia, Qatar and Agypt.

Guys stop acting like a kids. despite of some keyboard warriors here. we have very good ties to the arabic countries, what we had never before. i am sure, if all the developments are matured. we will more collaborations between the countries like Saudia Arabia, Qatar and Agypt.

No mention of us; I feel so left out ! :cray:

And to think I loved Turkish Kebbabs & Fenerbahce ! :angry:

Well the Pakistan Army looked at it & they seemed impressed albeit severely cash strapped to procure it & because whatever attack helicopters we procure we'd consider their Anti-Tank & Ground Support role as well considering our very real threat from India & we needed a good enough platform for COIN in the immediate, it must be a pretty decent bet ! :tup:

We've been using the Cobras right now for COIN & as our primary Ground Support platform & if the Pakistan Army is looking into the T-129s then they must've rated them higher than them & with a future growth potential !

Jordan should look into it as well !

I don't think any country would look for T-129 ATAK, unless it's looking for cheaper price, let the pictures speak:
large_atak-2012-4-.jpg

images

I don't think any country would look for T-129 ATAK, unless it's looking for cheaper price, let the pictures speak:

Well mate its an admirable effort that has a potential for future growth; this is just the beginning & I'm sure with subsequent upgrades it can be a formidable platform ! Even right now its pretty darn good perhaps not as good as the best out there but its still pretty good & it'll be getting towards that soon.

Plus in case of Pakistan we've got the US sanctions to worry about as well & a Turkish platform insures that we're not held hostage by the whims & wants of the United States if they choose to do so. So its a lot more than just 'money'.

we had and have always special ties with pakistan the is no doubt.

I know brother I'm just teasing you ! :D

Dostlar beni hatirlasin ! :cheers:

You'd be surprised.. T129's Aselsan made avionics has equal capabilities with Apache Block III and it carries the very same LHTEC CTS800 engines that Commanche had.

LHTEC T800: is a turboshaft engine for rotary wing applications. It is produced by the LHTEC, a joint venture between Rolls-Royce and Honeywell. The commercial and export version is the CTS800. The engine was primarily developed for the United States Army's RAH-66 Comanche armed reconnaissance helicopter, but has found use in other applications.

Powerplant: 2 × LHTEC CTS800-4A turboshaft, 1,014 kW (1,361 shp) each.
Cruise speed: 269 km/h (145 knots, 167 mph)
Range: 561 km (303 nmi, 341 mi)
Ferry range: 1,000 km (540 nmi, 620 mi)
Service ceiling: 6,096 m (20,000 ft)
Rate of climb: 14.0 m/s (2,750 ft/min)
AH-64A/D:
Powerplant: 2 × General Electric T700-GE-701D (AH-64E) turboshafts,1,490 kW) each
Maximum speed: 158 knots (182 mph, 293 km/h)
Cruise speed: 143 knots (165 mph, 265 km/h)
Range: 257 nmi (295 mi, 476 km) with Longbow radar mast
Combat radius: 260 nmi (300 mi, 480 km)
Ferry range: 1,024 nmi (1,180 mi, 1,900 km)
Service ceiling: 21,000 ft (6,400 m) minimum loaded
Rate of climb: 2,500 ft/min (12.7 m/s)
Disc loading: 9.80 lb/ft² (47.9 kg/m²)
Power/mass: 0.18 hp/lb (0.31 kW/kg)

^To carry the stupid unnecessary longbow radar and to give the helicopter 16xAGM114 Hellfire capacity which is also extremely unnecessary for the battlefields of these days; You need more power more power means more heat, more heat requires some certain measures to mask it which adds more costs, more weight, more maintenance hours.

Even the US Army dismount their longbows to relieve some weight because they doesn't need it. And quite obviously, neither will Pakistan.
Nop, talking about T-129 ATAK like this is ridiculous, it's a good hel for a starter to produce but it's no AH-64 my friend. Turkey mainly made it to counter rebels, and my opinion was that Boeing AH-6, as it's lighter, faster, maneuverable is better to do the job, my opinion:
Have you any idea about the maintenance costs and hours of the aircraft you're talking about? Are you seriously thinking that all the weight of the armor and payload come without any cost at all? :) AH64 is technically outdated, Block III avionics upgrades are somewhat impressive but again T129 is coming with the same capabilities provided by Aselsan.
they can keep their stinking ****** helicopters to themselves, we come here with respect and this is how they treat us.
I treated you like a man, you're being such a cry baby

Guys stop acting like a kids. despite of some keyboard warriors here. we have very good ties to the arabic countries, what we had never before. i am sure, if all the developments are matured. we will more collaborations between the countries like Saudia Arabia, Qatar and Egypt.
Some here do no want that. And for them we are only a safe full of money. But certainly not brothers mutual respect. :angry:

you dont know what your talking about. First it is not lighter and maneuverable. Apache is a expensive and heavy chopper. It recuire a lot of maintenance. Specialy in desert flight problems with sand.

Turkey invited for test apache and it was only problem.

Stop being emotional. If the subject is requirements of a strategic defence gear, The main factor to choose is to be the best type of attack copter which will perform the missions on costumer's difficult terrains, Other factor is political relations. If both factor is at satisfactory levels, There is no obstacle among countries. Note that Turk-Arab trades/friendship among publics are like shining star which may be introduced as an example for other countries as well.

I mean Neither I, nor any others don't represent the whole Turkish and Arab people or Noone has a saying on any defence procurements of a country. When the counterparts sit on same table to talk about details, Your or Mine comments aren't considered as important. They prepare their own agendas in accordance with the performance criterias of final products which will be suitable for own terrains.

I mean USA offered Apache to Turkey many times but Procurement officials rejected this offer and wanted to buy light attack copter which will perform better in hot-high terrains instead of heavy Apaches which has a huge maintenance costs. At present, Turkey is developing same type light attack helicopter like AH-1W and Z to perform similar missions easily on most difficult mountainous terrains of the country against assymetric threats. Atak helicopter is direct competitor of AH-1W/Z, Eurocopter Tiger; Not heavy compters like Apache, Ka-52...etc.

Besides, If Appearance talks more than performance, I think Atak's that appearance emphasizing the manouvrability of copter, makes much more sense than many heavy class helicopters lack locating on export markets at present.

t+129+Atak+Helikopteri.jpg

Back
Top Bottom