What's new

T-129 Atak & Turkish Attack Helicopter Programs

Efes2016_pg5.jpg

There are some delays due to the parts coming from Agusto-Westland.

I have suspicions that mounting the MWR on top of main rotor may require some serious modifications on main gear box and it could be a big issue.

I have suspicions that mounting the MWR on top of main rotor may require some serious modifications on main gear box and it could be a big issue.

As far as i know it has always been considered to be mounted to right wing or to flir's place with some re position.
Putting it on top of the rotor is not really the hardest thing to do.Puttion it on front is.

You must lead a new R&D only for that. You must take into account :

- The vibrations caused by the top of the mast on the hub and their consequences on the MWR (millimeter wave fire control Radar) on long term

- The new aerodynamic effects on the helicopter

- The temperature rise caused by the rotor blades on components and elements of the MWR

- The new noises within the cockpit and/or outside (Preserve discretion)

- Any an new update item to connect the MWR to the power system and of control of the helicopter (How to pass the power cables, where ? Will they withstand the heat, vibrations ? Etc...)

Eurocopter Tiger mast-mounted Osiris sight/sensor

Last edited:
Is it possible to integrate weapons on T129 as per placement made in AH-1Z? (i.e rockets on the corner downside and Air-air missiles on upper corner tips). This will create more space between weapons.

Is it possible to integrate weapons on T129 as per placement made in AH-1Z? (i.e rockets on the corner downside and Air-air missiles on upper corner tips). This will create more space between weapons.
like that?
T-129-1001-FAR14-3651.JPG

Back
Top Bottom