What's new

Syria’s Steel Beasts: The T-72

Fitting a new turret is not as easy as its made out to be. Especially with older designs. The Al Khalid is not a futuristic tank. It fulfills our requirements at the cost it is being produced and the threats we face where this tank will be required. Plus that T62 turret also does not seem to be very protective of the ring of the turret. Actually it exposes it more than any other design i have seen.

Which designe would you prefer a V-designe ? post some examples plz.

regards !

Last edited:
Which designe you would prefer a V-designe ? post some exaples plz.

regards !
The Merkava design seems to me as the best possible solution. Sloped, angled giving the best possible armor rating for a hit as well as minimum exposure to the turret ring.

Fitting a new turret is not as easy as its made out to be. Especially with older designs. The Al Khalid is not a futuristic tank. It fulfills our requirements at the cost it is being produced and the threats we face where this tank will be required. Plus that T62 turret also does not seem to be very protective of the ring of the turret. Actually it exposes it more than any other design i have seen.

IMHO like jf17 Al khalid was not aimed to be cost effective it already surpasses in cost and is equal to 5mn a piece or even more. it is as good as any tank in specifications but lacks some critical protection to turret.

IMHO like jf17 Al khalid was not aimed to be cost effective it already surpasses in cost and is equal to 5mn a piece or even more. it is as good as any tank in specifications but lacks some critical protection to turret.

Al Khalid does not cost $5m a piece. If so please share the approx cost detail.

Al Khalid does not cost $5m a piece. If so please share the approx cost detail.
WebCite query result

this is one of sources because I remember Peru deal is dead for MBT 2000 which is not as good as AK.
One other reason is since Pakistan has added Ukrainian engine, APS, and some other hardware's plus the western FCS system made Al khalid Expensive which was not initially expected because a cheaper Chinese made were tested first which did not impressed that time.

Earlier versions costed around 1-3 million a piece but then export from Ukraine and western probably french leclerc's FCS the cost went high.

WebCite query result

this is one of sources because I remember Peru deal is dead for MBT 2000 which is not as good as AK.
One other reason is since Pakistan has added Ukrainian engine, APS, and some other hardware's plus the western FCS system made Al khalid Expensive which was not initially expected because a cheaper Chinese made were tested first which did not impressed that time.

Earlier versions costed around 1-3 million a piece but then export from Ukraine and western probably french leclerc's FCS the cost went high.

Even with these inflated numbers in the article the mbt2000 does not cost 5m. Al /khalids even with UKR engine and french optics would not cost any country 5m. I will try to find you better numbers in the morning.

Even with these inflated numbers in the article the mbt2000 does not cost 5m. Al /khalids even with UKR engine and french optics would not cost any country 5m. I will try to find you better numbers in the morning.
it is an estimate. That would be appreciated if u share me right one, I am waiting.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom