What's new

Swat - The Switzerland of Pakistan

Rescue Ranger I unfortunately cant send you any PM's due to my post count ( I need over 100,000 post, and Im only at 900, lol) But any ways I am not associated with him, sorry. But have you by any chance visited Derai? Its close by to Saidu Sharif, and Kanju.

An amazing location! is it safe to travel there for foreign tourists?

Beautiful Place,,,
Is it safe to travel now ,,or risky.
Any specific food ,speciality of that region.

Thanks for sharing,

Rescue Ranger I unfortunately cant send you any PM's due to my post count ( I need over 100,000 post, and Im only at 900, lol) But any ways I am not associated with him, sorry. But have you by any chance visited Derai? Its close by to Saidu Sharif, and Kanju.

Sorry about the PM restriction this was because of spam from trolls. And yes indeed i have visited Dherai, did some training of staff at SMC Dherai. I really love SWAT valley, you have to be there to see it in all it's glory.
@Silver & @bornmoron

Whilst the valley has a very high army presence and has seen an upsurge in local toursim, it is recommended by Foreign embassies that all non essential travel to remote parts of Pakistan be avoided because of the uncertain security situation in Pakistan at present.

But It is really an amazing place, and the army host the "SWAT Summer Festival" every year: http://swatfestival.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
Ushu Valley, Swat
1010038_562295283817273_250288563_n.jpg

On the way to Kandol lake, Upper Utror Valley, Swat
1045246_561931840520284_195959201_n.jpg

Utror Gabral Road, Swat
1045048_561923097187825_1214846716_n.jpg

MalamJabba, Swat
1010727_561476293899172_718131987_n.jpg

Lol? and No? .... Why? I'm very interested to know, so please enlighten me.

Enlightenment:

I get it when our people want to compare what we have with the "best" of what the rest of the world has to offer. Gives our people a sense of 'not pride but insecurity relief cum reinforcement'. Hence you get the Manchester of Pakistan and the Paris of South Asia and so on and so forth. I guess its kind of okay when you're lagging behind and can only see the backs of the leaders. But Switzerland as a marker for natural/mountainous beauty? That too for our mountains and valleys?

The west feeds us and we take it. Then you see our people spending thousands of dollars running to these places and bringing back the show and pomp of having been to Switzerland. What do you want to see? Mountains with lush green slopes? Mountains with dense pine forest? Barren rock thousands of meters high? White monsters covered in snow and ice from head to toe all year round? Mountains too steep to hold any snow at all? World's largest non-polar glaciers? Places it snows mid June/July? Wide, sweeping, 'knock your breath right out of you' valleys? Valleys so narrow, with mountains so steep that they are practically impassable? Hot, dead and dry mountainous deserts? Deserts where it snows in the winters? Or maybe you'd just like to imagine and describe to me the kind of mountains and valleys you want to see? Choose and I will take you there. I'm not even kidding. Ironically the westerners know better. They know that what you have is far beyond anything they can offer.

Switzerland of Pakistan? Lol no.....Switzerland can go call itself the Swat of Europe.

Back
Top Bottom