What's new

Swat - The Switzerland of Pakistan

Brings back old memories, I went there in August in searing heat but when you arrive in Bahrain and beyond its cool relaxing weather, even in Ushu valley you could see snow capped peaks, Mahodand lake is truly a jewel in crown in Swat valley, unfortunately pics dont do justice, you have to visit the valley to really enjoy the cool serenity of the place.

18813330_1053797278053961_6512136313818627864_n.jpg

Just found this heavenly beautiful spot in kalam valley.

atc-logo-60px-1.png

Update 2018: As security in the country improves, tourism in Pakistan increases. For the first time since 9/11, Pakistan is really starting to be on the radar of the most adventurous travelers

pakistan-travel-1024x682.jpg

Swat Valley – Is it safe to go to Pakistan?

...Swat Valley
For a long time, the beautiful Swat Valley was in the eye of the Western media because, in 2007, the Taliban took control of the region, originating a bloody war and killing thousands of innocent people. Today, the Swat Valley is a peaceful region but you should always keep your eyes open, as it is an extremely conservative place.

In Swat, you may be assigned an armed guard but it depends on the day and the mood of the police. Actually, I didn’t get one but I know other travelers who did. Also, you should know that, occasionally, the area is restricted to tourism without previous notice, requiring a travel permit called NOC. My friend Ihsan from Swat Backpackers is a trekking guide who can arrange it for you....

...In some areas of Pakistan like Swat Valley, Kalash region and even for the Fairy Meadows trek, you get a personal armed guard, for free. Don’t be afraid. In these areas, there has been some real trouble in the past, so they just don’t want to expose you to any kind of danger...

...Except for the dangerous areas, I’ve never heard of any tourist kidnappings in Pakistan. However, just be careful when you travel in KPK province, including Peshawar and Swat Valley. Dress like the locals and, depending on the place, don’t go out alone at night....

...Some areas of Pakistan are extremely dangerous whereas other are absolutely safe for tourists. It’s important to do some proper research beforehand and, if you go to a sensitive area like Peshawar or the Swat Valley, just travel with caution. If you do, Pakistan will reward you with your best experience ever.

Ghazi, appreciate what you do for us, in this forum. Been away for a while from my country and your updates such as these and about our infrastructure swell my heart. Hey, if you happen to be around D.C, look me up and lunch on me, bud!

Ghazi, appreciate what you do for us, in this forum. Been away for a while from my country and your updates such as these and about our infrastructure swell my heart. Hey, if you happen to be around D.C, look me up and lunch on me, bud!

Thank you very much.Much appreciated.
Will do some time.

:smitten::smitten::smitten::smitten::smitten::smitten::smitten::smitten:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom