What's new

Suu Kyi says cannot back Myanmar’s Rohingya

Aung San Suu Kyi is nothing more than your typical politician without a backbone, always ready to do the biddings of the West. Nobel peace prize people admire her for so much is worthless.

Just curious, what did this woman do for her country? anything good?

I knew her father was the president of their Burma, surrendered to Japanese without fighting during WWII.

she prevented it from becoming her people like the oppressed people of china

I don't hate Rohingyas. I feel sympathy as human being. But I can also understand position of Myanmar. These guys themselves claim to be Arabs/ Pakistanis etc, hate Myanmar and indulge in acts like gangrape and murders; so they don't have any right to stay in Myanmar.
This issue is not at all difficult to solve. The Rohingya people are not a very large population, just a few lacs in number. They can be easily settled in any Islamic country and they also are eager to migrate. There are dozens of Islamic countries in world. Why cant Arabs/ Pakistan give them citizenship? It is actually their moral duty. Their suffering will end, and the whole problem will be solved immediately within few months. They are not too many so it won't even be any significant economic burden. It is so simple. But instead Muslims want to use the issue for their religious and political propaganda at the cost of great human suffering and to fulfill their fantasies of conquest of non-Muslim lands. Basically Islamic countries, especially Arabs and Pakistanis are responsible for sufferings of Rohingya people. (I hope their sufferings end soon).

How does one argue with this ?

She finally has a shot to be head honcho. She ain't no Mandela. This one wants some attention.

This is what i feared. Often these newly civilian leaders are incapable of handling the internal issues brutally suppressed by former military leaders.

If Rohingya problem is not addressed, they may soon take up arms.

This is what i feared. Often these newly civilian leaders are incapable of handling the internal issues brutally suppressed by former military leaders.

If Rohingya problem is not addressed, they may soon take up arms.

Ayas bhai, they have already taken arms. The tensions between Myanma and the Rohingyas exists because of a decades-long jehadi insurgency and social tensions they've been creating in Myanmar since they separated from us. Please understand that they were also earlier armed and supported by our dear neighbor just like what we faced in 80s and 90s. A UN report with a link published in one of the Rohingya threads has it clearly mentioned.

While we got separated and don't know their problems, the whole tensions is because of not the military but because of rohingyas started picking up arms.

Jehad is no threat to the junta. They will just increase their brutality tenfold if the insurgency starts again.

The violence was started by them. Why do you think no one is so aggressively backing them in ASEAN except customary dialogs? Because they knew this already from the beginning.

BD is in a tough situation. For humanitarian reasons, they should be opening their borders to accept refugees. But if BD opens border, the Burmese will be more than happy to kick out the Rohingyas. It would be stupid policy. I guess BD is waiting for someone in Myanmar to say that Rohingyas are Burmese. Till now, even Rohingyas's citizenship is still in question. BD, once it accepts refugees, will find it very hard to get them back into Myanmar.
They're not Burmese or any SE Asian. They're bangladeshi. Only South Asian people have dark black skin like those Rohingyas.

That's why Myanmar want to drive them back to Bangladesh.

They're not Burmese or any SE Asian. They're bangladeshi. Only South Asian people have dark black skin like those Rohingyas.

That's why Myanmar want to drive them back to Bangladesh.

Same with me, they have closer descendant with Bangladeshi or Pakistani rather than Burmese. Why is it so hard for Bangladesh to accept them?

Same with me, they have closer descendant with Bangladeshi or Pakistani rather than Burmese. Why is it so hard for Bangladesh to accept them?

they are not Bangladeshi. Bangladeshi is a term applied to citizens of Bangladesh! They are not Bangladeshi. They are bengali who migrated to Burma before burma was established!!

Do you think South africans should expel all whites from the country just because they don't look like African??

they are not Bangladeshi. Bangladeshi is a term applied to citizens of Bangladesh! They are not Bangladeshi. They are bengali who migrated to Burma before burma was established!!

Do you think South africans should expel all whites from the country just because they don't look like African??

I didn't say they are Bangladeshi, I said they have "closer descendant" with Bangladeshi. Even South Africa can accept white people who are different with its original settlers, why can't Bangladesh? Well that's just a question in my head bro, don't mind it.

I'm always a firm believer of when a people born into the land they belong to that land, disregard where they were originated. In essence the Rohingyas were in Rakhine State when Myanmar was independent and most, if not all, are born in that state.

I, for whatever it's worth, consider them as citizens of Myanmar.

I didn't say they are Bangladeshi, I said they have "closer descendant" with Bangladeshi. Even South Africa can accept white people who are different with its original settlers, why can't Bangladesh? Well that's just a question in my head bro, don't mind it.

Ok you answer me! Why should Bangladesh accept them?

Back
Top Bottom