What's new

Sushma Swaraj offers to help ailing infant from Pakistan

FalconsForPeace

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
India's External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj has offered help to a Pakistani man who highlighted his two and a half-month-old infant's health condition on the social media.

Swaraj’s assurance came after the child’s father brought the matter to her notice on Twitter.

“The child will not suffer. Please contact Indian High Commission in Pakistan. We will give the medical visa,” she said.

Sushma Swaraj's gesture comes days after she helped rescue through the Indian mission in Islamabad an Indian woman who was forced to marry a Pakistani.

Just the problem with us indians.
We cant maintain our "tough" position for even a few days.
If we wanted to show a tough visa policy for pakistanis , we should stick to it.
Its the responsibility of the pakistani army and government to provide medical treatment to its citizens not sushma swaraj's. Send the kid to turkey or china for treatment.

There is nothing called tough visa policy..Our tough stance should be limited for people who are against us in Pakistan than the people who have faith in our medical system and come here to treat themselves.

If we wanted to show a tough visa policy for pakistanis , we should stick to it.
Its the responsibility of the pakistani army and government to provide medical treatment to its citizens not sushma swaraj's. Send the kid to turkey or china for treatment.
Good very good

If a Indian child was in same position we as Pakistanis with open arms welcomed the child for treatment

We should keep our differences apart where humanity has to suffer

Humanity is above all state laws I would say if u don't have humanity u are worth animal skin

We are not animals I support miss sushma swaraj for her stance not becoz it's Pak child any child should not die

We should keep our fight out of I'll people and needy people they only know how to finish their daily life problem

Its the responsibility of the pakistani army and government to provide medical treatment to its citizens not sushma swaraj's

These people are not coming to collect alms, they pay for their treatment, more so than any other group that comes to India for treatment.

Even though more people come from Bangladesh, Iraq and Maldives for treatment, Pakistanis spend the most in India. A recent report by ministry of commerce and industry says an average Pakistani spends Rs 1.87 lakh on treatment in India. Those from Bangladesh spend Rs 1.34 lakh on an average, followed by those from Commonwealth countries (Rs 1.25 lakh), Russia (Rs 1.04 lakh) and Iraq (Rs 98,554).

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...hits-medical-tourism/articleshow/58635171.cms

Agreed.:tup:

These people are not coming to collect alms, they pay for their treatment, more so than any other group that comes to India for treatment.

Even though more people come from Bangladesh, Iraq and Maldives for treatment, Pakistanis spend the most in India. A recent report by ministry of commerce and industry says an average Pakistani spends Rs 1.87 lakh on treatment in India. Those from Bangladesh spend Rs 1.34 lakh on an average, followed by those from Commonwealth countries (Rs 1.25 lakh), Russia (Rs 1.04 lakh) and Iraq (Rs 98,554).

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...hits-medical-tourism/articleshow/58635171.cms

So?

Where are your doctors?

Your a nuclear power for freak's sake man.

Take care of your ill.

@litman @S.U.R.B.

So?

Where are your doctors?

Your a nuclear power for freak's sake man.

Take care of your ill.

There are a few select, very fine procedures that are unavailable in Pakistan. If India markets itself as a medical tourism destination, and if these people are willing to pay, I don't see where the problem is.
If you want to hurt us, come up with something substantive, how about stop buying cement from us? That's worth a lot more than medical tourism; but guess what, you won't because that's how the globalized economy works.

There are a few select, very fine procedures that are unavailable in Pakistan. If India markets itself as a medical tourism destination, and if these people are willing to pay, I don't see where the problem is.
If you want to hurt us, come up with something substantive, how about stop buying cement from us? That's worth a lot more than medical tourism; but guess what, you won't because that's how the globalized economy works.

Look man. I'm a father. And a doctor.

I just do not appreciate your "we are paying for it" line.

Pay for it elsewhere if your ego is too big to appreciate a good gesture.

My Dear Sanghi Kid just think if Pakistan maintain tough gesture your daughter / sister would be in Pakistan with her lover / husband. Reference the Uzma Case.

Last edited by a moderator:

Keep it on topic. I'm not looking for a visa and I'm not looking to be treated by you. So I couldn't care less about how you feel about what I have to say.

Sir you forgets to add Sugar, Onions, Tomatoes etc

And don't forget to add thousands of Cows exported from India (stopped only last year) through Wagah border.

Keep it on topic. I'm not looking for a visa and I'm not looking to be treated by you. So I couldn't care less about how you feel about what I have to say.

It's very much on the topic.

Cheers, Doc

Just the problem with us Indians.

Despite being so much at threat of terrorism, the west including the US has given home to thousands of refugees from the Middle East. Sometimes a gesture speaks volumes about a nation's character.

Treating one sick child won't hurt us any.

I anyways don't agree with this 'Medical Visa' ban thing. Shows the priorities are completely messed up.

We'll do everything, we'll scale up Wagah ceremony and what not, just we'll not play cricket and deny medical visas.

Including 'Kadi Ninda' of course.

That's all our Pakistan policy seems to be.

Silence where action is needed. Action where silence is warranted.

Why do you care if they appreciate it or not. The child and his family will appreciate and even that's not required.

Despite being so much at threat of terrorism, the west including the US has given home to thousands of refugees from the Middle East. Sometimes a gesture speaks volumes about a nation's character.

Treating one sick child won't hurt us any.

I anyways don't agree with this 'Medical Visa' ban thing. Shows the priorities are completely messed up.

We'll do everything, we'll scale up Wagah ceremony and what not, just we'll not play cricket and deny medical visas.

Including 'Kadi Ninda' of course.

That's all our Pakistan policy seems to be.

Silence where action is needed. Action where silence is warranted.

Why do you care if they appreciate it or not. The child and his family will appreciate and even that's not required.

Just reminding Icarus that if a soldier does not fight and die for the money, a doctor does not treat and heal for it either.

Cheers.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom