What's new

Surprise! US navy to have an active laser arsenal in 2 years.

A poor man Osama bin laden tried to attack USA ... and his soul wanders in the Arabian sea.

If china attempts anything close ... 1.3 billion souls will be wandering the pacific ocean.

Or try anthing similar with India.... Indian ocean is also large enough to accommodate 1.3 billion of your kind. Perhaps, future generations will use the oil resource generated after a few thousand years.

you cheerleaders are a joke. you cant even save your sailors from the poorly equipped somalia pirates for over 2 years.

The OP is running around like the US did something no one else knows :lol:

I guess he hasn't read the military reports the pentagon gives to the US congress on Chinese military developments.

Pfffttt the PLA never openly demonstrate things so secretive.
China has a very active DEW programme. Go look it up bumboy.

Rail guns are under development in china as are DEW.

Information Dissemination: Directed Energy and Electric Weapon Systems (DEEWS) Serial 3: China

If you will equate lack of confirmation for confirmation, then I'm here to tell you the US has antimatter weapons and plasma shields for its black projects, and they are near fruition :D

In anycase the lasers the article refers to are non-combat lasers. At most they can blind very sensitive equipment, and are absolutely incomparable to what i've shown you and what is being discussed. You know the difference, stop being obtuse.

correct!

we have been developing dew since the 60s.

China advancing laser weapons program

Correction, you've aspired to develop dew's since the 60's and your program has made no visible progress when it comes to actually getting combat lasers to the battlefield!

Please don't try to say its happening behind doors, because lack of confirmation is not confirmation. Meanwhile the US has electron lasers out and nearly ready for ACTUAL COMBAT USE in 2 years :D

It's been talked about for ages.

19 July 2010
BBC News - Anti-aircraft laser unveiled at Farnborough Airshow

I'm interested to know how long before such weapons are actually cost-effective and not just expensive test weapons.

Im here to answer that, they are judged as cost effective now as supplements to the combat arsenal of the US navy, that is why there are contracts and ships designed to have these installed.

I guess he hasn't read the military reports the pentagon gives to the US congress on Chinese military developments.

We havn't done something no one else knows,

We are doing something that no one else is even close to doing

I can tell you are scared and confused, its alright, just close your eyes and ears and pretend you didn't hear anything :D

Goodnight! Sweet Dreams :D

It is a big deal, because the US is the only country to have demonstrated such progress, while China has demonstrated nothing but paper words and powerpoints!

The fact that they are so imminent and ahead of schedule should be both incredibly exciting for our allies, and disconcerting for our enemies. They would be 2 years ahead of schedule.
dude I trust China they working very hard to steal US tech..give them some more time...they will definitely come with leaser weapon...

If you will equate lack of confirmation for confirmation, then I'm here to tell you the US has antimatter weapons and plasma shields for its black projects, and they are near fruition :D

In anycase the lasers the article refers to are non-combat lasers. At most they can blind very sensitive equipment, and are absolutely incomparable to what i've shown you and what is being discussed. You know the difference, stop being obtuse.

You can bet your arse the the PLA knows what the US is working on.
And you can bet your bottom dollar china is working on those weapons too and then some.

If US has made it work efficiently, it is a big leap. It needs a huge power and focus to destroy an aircraft.
These two examples are about destroying sensitive CCD sensors:

1#CHINA:They have blinded the CCD of CIA spy satellites by laser:
Bachmann’s claim that China ‘blinded’ U.S. satellites - The Washington Post

2#IRAN:They have also blinded the CCD of CIA spy satellites by laser:
Report: Iran 'blinded' CIA spy satellite - Israel News, Ynetnews

And you can bet your bottom dollar china is working on those weapons too and then some.

So we probably see a stealth helo made by the Chinese in a few years now? Surprisingly they didn't make one in response to the Comanche program years after it was canceled.

We do not want to surprise you. We want to TERRIFY you.

There is nothing terrifying about a little Vietnamese guy.

lmao gambit, don't make the forum laugh. A little tiny Vietnamese guy thinking that he's an Amerian is funny as it is, a little tiny vietnamese guy acting as if he's american and talking about terrifying people is hilarious.

There is nothing terrifying about a little Vietnamese guy.

lmao gambit, don't make the forum laugh. A little tiny Vietnamese guy thinking that he's an Amerian is funny as it is, a little tiny vietnamese guy acting as if he's american and talking about terrifying people is hilarious.

Care about your country! Iran is on the radar.

Correction, you've aspired to develop dew's since the 60's and your program has made no visible progress when it comes to actually getting combat lasers to the battlefield!

are you lazy or too dumb to read the text in the link? what has the Cox report and additional comments like newspaper and experts in the field said about our development?

dude I trust China they working very hard to steal US tech..give them some more time...they will definitely come with leaser weapon...

how can we steal? have any proof? if no, stfu!

are you lazy or too dumb to read the text in the link? what has the Cox report and additional comments like newspaper and experts in the field said about our development?

Are you an idiot? :D Can you not comprehend English? I said China is not even close to bringing combat lasers on to the battlefield, there is no indication today, and your paper that was published in 1999 only proves the point.

more than a decade and still NOTHING to show for it :D What a rube. Dazzlers are not the topic, range finders and submarine detectors are not direct combat. I'm talking about lasers that can shoot down drones, missiles, planes, not blind sensitive equipment. GET WITH IT :D

Oh we're pretty public with most of what we're working on, and we don't doubt that all the other big countries are working on roughly the same stuff, as its military benefit is obvious, but we are still the first to actually have visible progress.

Back
Top Bottom