What's new

Surgical strikes are feasible militarily: Army chief

macintosh

BANNED
Reaction score
Surgical strikes are feasible militarily: Army chief
Press Trust of India
Sunday, February 08, 2009 10:47 AM (New Delhi)
Against the backdrop of much-debated option of surgical strikes against terror infrastructure in Pakistan post-Mumbai terror attack, Army chief General Deepak Kapoor has said that such strikes are "very much feasible" militarily.

"Surgical strikes are definitely feasible but whether you wish to take that decision or not is a separate issue," he said when asked whether such strikes were feasible.

"Definitely yes. Whether you would like to look at doing it (carrying out such strikes) by air or artillery or by another means or physically there," he said in reply to questions.

Asked if the armed forces were ready for such strikes if the political leadership had given the go-ahead, Kapoor said, "We are an army which has been involved in operations in Kashmir and Northern Command on a perpetual basis and on an on-going basis. Therefore, the question of not being ready is frankly not relevant. And we would have been fully ready to do our task."

During the interview, the Army chief also sought to dispel the impression that there was no clarity about the nuclear command when Prime Minister Manmohan Singh was hospitalised for heart surgery in January.

Ehmm could you pass me the cornflakes box? I'm quite hungry...and oh yes, please do give me milk aswell. :coffee:

Indians Think that Pakistan Produced/Bought all the weapons to decorate them in Flower Vase.

Indians Think that Pakistan Produced/Bought all the weapons to decorate them in Flower Vase.

with all due respects, he is an army chief of a country that has fought several wars with you. wouldnt he know the psyche of your army and your country by now?:rolleyes:
I think he was talking about taking a calculated chance, just like pak army chief took in kargil. but, since he works under our political leaders unlike your nation, he doesnt have the same freedom.

with all due respects, he is an army chief of a country that has fought several wars with you. wouldnt he know the psyche of your army and your country by now?:rolleyes:
I think he was talking about taking a calculated chance, just like pak army chief took in kargil. but, since he works under our political leaders unlike your nation, he doesnt have the same freedom.

Can you give me the milk already? What's the use of cornflakes without my milk..!! :coffee:

Can you give me the milk already? What's the use of cornflakes without my milk..!! :coffee:

which milk would you like, goat's or camel's?;)

as an after thought, shouldnt you be doing school home work, kiddo? and did you take permission of any elder b4 'playing' with computer?:)

ok, seriously wat was your point? plz be more clear.

which milk would you like, goat's or camel's?;)

as an after thought, shouldnt you be doing school home work, kiddo? and did you take permission of any elder b4 'playing' with computer?:)

ok, seriously wat was your point? plz be more clear.

Ah no, i'm starting my study in September, I quit last year because my course back then simply sucked.
And I don't really have to take permission to go on the computer "kiddo".

Anyways, my point is, we've seen and read so many of these statements from your politicians or people from your army, it's boring, not credible, and it's certainly not constructive either.
Hence my sarcastic and ignorant posts about these useless threats.

I shouldn't even bother replying in such threads, but I simply couldn't resist, so it is my fault.

Ah no, i'm starting my study in September, I quit last year because my course back then simply sucked.
And I don't really have to take permission to go on the computer "kiddo".

Anyways, my point is, we've seen and read so many of these statements from your politicians or people from your army, it's boring, not credible, and it's certainly not constructive either.
Hence my sarcastic and ignorant posts about these useless threats.

I shouldn't even bother replying in such threads, but I simply couldn't resist, so it is my fault.

if you found the post not credible and boring, you could have just said that or you should have stayed away from the thread.

btw, these statements are not for pakistanis, they were primarily to dispel any doubts as to whether surgical strikes as an option was feasible or not.
of course, pakistanis may have different opinion about that, but doesnt make his statement 'not credible'.

if you found the post not credible and boring, you could have just said that or you should have stayed away from the thread.

btw, these statements are not for pakistanis, they were primarily to dispel any doubts as to whether surgical strikes as an option was feasible or not.
of course, pakistanis may have different opinion about that, but doesnt make his statement 'not credible'.

It is not credible for me because there is constant talk about "surgical strikes" and other military options in Pakistan but I continue to see words backed up with mere words instead of action.
So you can understand why I find these statements quite uncredible on my part, and i'm not the only Pakistani who has the same views on this.
The fact that you create such a thread indicates that you still have your hopes up for any violation of Pakistani sovereignty, and to counter that, I have contributed with my sarcasm.

Ehmm could you pass me the cornflakes box? I'm quite hungry...and oh yes, please do give me milk aswell. :coffee:

Can you give me the milk already? What's the use of cornflakes without my milk..!!

Is there a DHL reciver in your city??
I will send it. :)

Is there a DHL reciver in your city??
I will send it. :)

lol, yes there is.
Indian milk? I don't know about that, different country, different conditions and circumstances.

Cornflakes would be better. :D

lol, yes there is.
Indian milk? I don't know about that, different country, different conditions and circumstances.

Haha....

Whatever the country is, the molecular composition of milk will be the same.

Anyhow it may taste different to u, if u read on the bottle 'Made in India'.

Just like the beauty lies in the eyes of the be-holder, taste lies in the tounge of the eater. :pop:

Haha....

Whatever the country is, the molecular composition of milk will be the same.

Anyhow it may taste different to u, if u read on the bottle 'Made in India'.

Just like the beauty lies in the eyes of the be-holder, taste lies in the tounge of the eater. :pop:

Actually Pakistani milk (and i'm assuming the same for Bharati Milk) is quite different from milk in Europe and America, as the taste, texture is much richer. Even after constant addition of water by the doodh walas, the rich malai is second to none. Wheras here, you cannot even make 'khoya' from the milk. Maybe it is to do with water buffulo's milk as opposed to cow's milk.

Actually Pakistani milk (and i'm assuming the same for Bharati Milk) is quite different from milk in Europe and America, as the taste, texture is much richer. Even after constant addition of water by the doodh walas, the rich malai is second to none. Wheras here, you cannot even make 'khoya' from the milk. Maybe it is to do with water buffulo's milk as opposed to cow's milk.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Back
Top Bottom