What's new

Surface To Air Missiles | Terror in the Sky.

By the end of 2011 we will have 10 batteries of Speda-2000 plus which is well capable of intercepting just about any none stealth flying object within 20-25 km range meaning it ca defend for its self.

But any how you will need a LLQRM to protect it against SEAD missions. You cand do it with stingers or Crotale. Tor-1 or the Tunguska ADS will be very helpful.

tunguska made by russians Aspada is better than it and very very lattest in air defence technology

But any how you will need a LLQRM to protect it against SEAD missions. You cand do it with stingers or Crotale. Tor-1 or the Tunguska ADS will be very helpful.

Spada-2000 is itself a advance LL as well Medium rang QRM and like i have said before it has the capability of engaging multiple type of targets including SEAD AGMs.

by 2010!!

it will be great, the features and spec of this system are good enough for us!!

will the be inducted as PAF unit?? actually i heard that the army and PAF will be going to have different systems!! what about this??

Spada-2000 is itself a advance LL as well Medium rang QRM and like i have said before it has the capability of engaging multiple type of targets including SEAD AGMs.

PC; sir
why just a Medium rang QRM? why not long range ?:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::tsk:

PC; sir
why just a Medium rang QRM? why not long range ?:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::tsk:

perhaps it is the budget strain again!!

any way we be be good enough with a medium range QRM for time being, then as the older systems phase out we may get the more advanced and long range LLQRM

perhaps it is the budget strain again!!

any way we be be good enough with a medium range QRM for time being, then as the older systems phase out we may get the more advanced and long range LLQRM

arsalanaslam123; dear sir:smitten:

the more advanced and long range "LLQRM" is the need of hour, budgets cannot be a problem, because this kind of projects are our future & they are hard to detect, secret funding is need here !;):agree::pakistan:

Nothing went wrong. MiG-25 was not fired upon in a fear that it will escalate tension.

I beg to differ sir.....at that time and even now we have nothing to throw at an enemy flying high above us. the only thing we could have used to counter the enemy would have been the F-104 star fighter however even that is not possible since they have been long retired from service.....however i strongly support a good SAM system being inducted so that our fighters can take the war to the enemy while our SAMz protect our vital installations....sir i don't know what do we expect our JF-17s to do....we want it to fight SU30s take out enemy installations as well as defend our key installations....i think we all need a reality check its a JF-17 and not a F-22. SAM is the need of the hour to defend against an enemy that wishes to threaten us with "SURGICAL STRIKES" how dare the INDIANS even think of such a thing even in their wildest dream!!!! :tsk:

Pakistan would have attacked India in 1998: Gohar Ayub Khan .:. NewKerala - India 's Top Online Newspaper

arsalanaslam123; dear sir:smitten:

the more advanced and long range "LLQRM" is the need of hour, budgets cannot be a problem, because this kind of projects are our future & they are hard to detect, secret funding is need here !;):agree::pakistan:

well i can not agree more to your statement. it is very right that SAMz and the latest technology in them is what we need. currently we are not operating and defence sheild against enemy high flying planes and medium - low range missiles. a good SAM system can serve dual purpose.

but for me the point is that currently we are no where to get a high tech system so we may better be satisfied with the low - medium technology!!

i hope we can get our hands onto the chines system comparable to the russian S400 when it is developed and in production. till then be happy with the SPADA and the FT200 they will serve good purpose to us, but for this to happen we MUST GET THEM!! :rolleyes:
that is something we have been listening to since 2003 aand still do not have them!!
:hitwall: :hitwall: :hitwall:

Pakistan may seek help from Beijing for high-altitude and anti-ballistic missile (ABM) defenses, defense observers say. “Pakistan is actively looking to purchase a high-altitude missile air defense system,” said defense analyst Haris Khan of the Pakistan Military Consortium. “Reports indicate that the Chinese HQ-9/FD2000 developed by the China Academy of Defence Technology is the front-runner, but I think it is the only candidate, since no other supplier will sell these types of missiles to Pakistan.” But other observers here noted obstacles, including defense budget cuts and a rough patch in relations between the two governments.

The HQ-9 reportedly blends technology from Chinese efforts, Russian S-300s and an early version of the U.S. Patriot system obtained from Israel. Chinese sources say it can hit aircraft out to 125 kilometers, air-launched cruise missiles out to 50 kilometers, and ballistic missiles out to 25 kilometers — representing ABM capability equivalent to the Indian AAD and American PAC-3.

There has been speculation that Pakistan acquired an HQ-9 variant called the FT-2000 some years ago as a short-term countermeasure against India’s airborne early warning and control aircraft, but no such missile has been seen in the country, and some sources say the FT-2000 was never actually produced.

“China has always fulfilled its promise to meet Pakistan’s defense needs” Akhtar said. He noted that China needs Pakistan as a bulwark against Indian hegemony in southern Asia, and said the “all-weather, strategic Sino-Pak relationship had moved beyond a purely defense relationship” to a “deep economic relationship.” Akhtar also dismissed concerns about budget cuts, saying that the enduring Sino-Pak relationship makes him “optimistic that this would not affect Pakistan’s defensive capabilities in the long run.” But Shireen Mazari, a former head of the Institute of Strategic Studies, has written that the government’s Strategic Planning Division, which controls the planning and deployment of strategic weapons, had cut research and development funding in high-technology areas.

Khan agreed. “The SPD’s funds have been curtailed,” especially for newer projects, he said. Strategic Planning Division officials have rejected these statements. Khan also said the SPD and the National Engineering and Scientific Commission, which handles the design and production of ballistic missiles and other defense programs, had been instructed to slow work on certain projects. “In the short to medium term, there might not be any effects, but in the long term, these reductions will cause fault lines which Pakistan cannot afford,” Khan said. How these political and financial developments will affect a potential HQ-9 deal is unclear. “The Pakistan government has an eye on these Indian ambitions, and would definitely have to counter the threat,” Akhtar said.
Posted by ASIAN DEFENCE at 1:11 PM

HQ-9-FT-2000-SAM-System-1S.jpg (image)

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_htvjsmtPrm...E/s1600/er.jpg

http://www.defence.pk/forums/land-f...inese-interceptor-missile-defense-2012-a.html

any updates on FT2000 and the SPADA

when are we gettin them,

it has been years since we are listening about them!!!

please share if you have any information regarding pakistan SAM capabilities! or the current status of FT2000 or SPADA, when are we going to get them??

any information regarding the topic will be appreciated!

An extract from spacedaily.com:
"At present, only Pakistan is believed to have expressed an interest in purchasing the FT-2000. But according to a source from Islamabad, even Pakistan is not considering importing the missile system at this stage."

Analysis: China exports new SAM missile

so does this means a bye bye to FT2000, what are we going to have then?

what about the SPADA?

besides the above link never says NO to FT2000 but then the question is the same, when are we going to have them?

why dont we go for the HQ9, is it the finnance or something else!

Back
Top Bottom