What's new

Super Sukhois to give India a generation leap

Super Sukhois to give SONIA a generation leap

Dont buy from Russia, Sonia gets automatic commission in her Swiss account.

Cant you just shut up and stop writing such BS..... :hitwall:

Last edited by a moderator:
The engine being discussed here is Saturn Al-41F-1 or Item 117C/S... even If those engines are selected it won't make a Su30MKI supercruise... Besides IAF doesn't want those engines It is looking for upgraded Al-31F-M-2/3 series engine which have same dimensions when compared with current Al-31FP engine.... allowing other old MKI upgrades too with the newer and uprated engine.... It would have similar output as compared with Item 117C/S but it doesn't supercruise.

That's right.

With 20% more power, MKI can house AESA. Thrust of current AL 31FP engine is not enough, as Super MKI will house ASEA and AESA will demand more power

Why and for what specific reason?
In other words this Harvard educated Indian member of Parliament is bullshitting you think?
This is not a thread to push your anti-Maino rhetoric ; You want to post a thread about Defense deals making their way into Congress pockets, open a new thread and post their videos. This thread is about Su-upgrades only and not any other off-topic banter.

If anyone knows do we have a contract for S.S. upgrade ???

Just heard from a defence Jurno that India and Russia have not agreed on the upgrade as of now. And it is likely to be canceled @sancho @arp2041 @Koovie @Abingdonboy

It's correct that the upgrade is not fixed yet, evaluations, tests and negotiations are still going on, that's why the total content of the upgrade is not known yet, but it's BS that the upgrade will be cancelled, because it's a must have to extent the life of the early 100 MKIs.
The contract should be fixed and signed this year I guess and the new 42 once should be the first with this new standard.

@Sergi I don't know where you heard this but it is utter hogwash. India has released funds for many of the R&D projects in Russia and India that will go onboard the SS since way back in 2011. The project is very much ON. I had posted in the IAF section a while back a DRDO monthly newsletter which had shown the new cockpit layout (with two panoramic MFD as found on the Su-35) on a simulator being tested by IAF pilots.

If I'm not wrong India has also paid Russian companies to develop the SS's AESA radar, don't quote me on this but this is what I believe has happened.

AFAIK India and Russia are still set to begun the actual up tradition efforts in mid to late 2014 so let's just wait and see.

@Abingdonboy : I believe what @sancho say in post#81 and its a very much possibility that my FRIEND was just cloud counting but the things he put in discussion made me ask you guies

Let me put his points in short :
1. there is no official statement on upgrades
2. The said 42 MKIs are special purpose plane for strategic command
India Ordering, Modernizing SU-30MKIs
IAF to upgrade Su-30MKIs to 'Super Sukhoi' standard | Business Standard
3. There are huge differences between Indian side and Russian side on price issues.
4. IAF is more interested in French AESA than Russian AESA. We are getting AESA from French deal so questions on the logic of it buying from Russia AGIAN

usaf nai to mazaak aura liya tumhara ab aur kitna mazaak aurvao gai apna
you mean what the colonel said about the excersice in USa with the mki, Yea and india tv reported on it, between me and You the Colonel and his equipment is From Air National Gaurd and its not even USAF Standards they Get what USAF Does not need anymore but none the less Super mki will have better engines longer range and better avionics and Better weapons and can Easily Beat if not Rival the likes of f-35

""THANK YOU COME AGIAN":cheers:

you mean what the colonel said about the excersice in USa with the mki, Yea and india tv reported on it, between me and You the Colonel and his equipment is From Air National Gaurd and its not even USAF Standards they Get what USAF Does not need anymore but none the less Super mki will have better engines longer range and better avionics and Better weapons and can Easily Beat if not Rival the likes of f-35

""THANK YOU COME AGIAN":cheers:
i was just joking

Let me put his points in short :
1. there is no official statement on upgrades
2. The said 42 MKIs are special purpose plane for strategic command
3. There are huge differences between Indian side and Russian side on price issues.
4. IAF is more interested in French AESA than Russian AESA. We are getting AESA from French deal so questions on the logic of it buying from Russia AGIAN

1. Only that they are negotiating, but until that, there is nothing to state about
2. What makes him think that they are special purpose plans? Infact they are meant to replace 2 of the lost MKIs and even the other 40 will remain under IAF command.
3. The cost figure is mainly speculation so far, even your defenceindustrydaily source says:

SU-30MKI

Dec 24/12: Super-30s contract. Russia signs over $4 billion worth of defense contracts with India, including the deal for 42 “Super 30″ upgraded SU-30MKIs. Key Super 30 upgrades are reported to include a new radar (probably AESA, and likely Phazotron’s Zhuk-AE), improved onboard computers, upgraded electronic warfare systems, and the ability to fire the air-launched version of the Indo-Russian BrahMos supersonic cruise missile.

Russian sources place the Super 30 deal at $1.6 billion, which is significantly below previous figures. The Hindustan Times places its value at Rs 16,666 crore instead, which is about $3.023 billion at current conversions

Not to forget that our figures for MKIs also includes licence production costs!

4. That's wrong and a simple timeline makes that clear. Production of Super 30 should start at HAL around 2015, licence production of Rafale will start at 2016 the earliest and the first once will be kits delivered from France, until we will be able to produce the radars in India. So that alone doesn't fit, not to forget that the French AESA would need credible re-designs in size, to fit in the MKIs huge nose, followed by further integration and testing. Apart from that, it's doubtwul that the Russians would allow a French radar, since they want to sell their own once, if at all, we might have a chance with an India one, but that is far away from beeing reality, or even as capable.
The real question is, which AESA we get, since it seems there is a competition again between an AESA version of BARS and the Zhuk AE which the Russians seems to have in their new Su 30SMs.

Back
Top Bottom