What's new

Sukhoi PAK-FA - Russia's Strategic ‘Game Changer’

How much? Not much.
Wrong...North Viet Nam sued for negotiation to regroup and rebuild, which no one seriously believe that peaceful coexistence was the goal from the North but the US/SVN alliance was obligated to accept the charade no matter what since South Viet Nam's goal was peaceful coexistence. The cost for North Viet Nam under US air power was draining enough that even the Soviets and China advised respite so they can properly resupply the NVA. Check it out for yourself.

My country of origin is also your country of origin, unless you don't consider it as your country
My citizenship is US but my country of origin is -- Viet Nam.

Wrong...North Viet Nam sued for negotiation to regroup and rebuild, which no one seriously believe that peaceful coexistence was the goal from the North but the US/SVN alliance was obligated to accept the charade no matter what since South Viet Nam's goal was peaceful coexistence. The cost for North Viet Nam under US air power was draining enough that even the Soviets and China advised respite so they can properly resupply the NVA. Check it out for yourself.

My citizenship is US but my country of origin is -- Viet Nam.
North Vietnam only recieved a total of $5 to $7 billion rubles worth of military weapons, food, and other services from the USSR, China, and the Warsaw Pact for the entire war. I even have break down of what North VN received. I already mention that North Vietnam was just an agarian country with practically nothing valueble to destroy so I don't know how "much" is it for them to "lose" since they did not even have much to begin with and life was pretty......cheap too

North Vietnam only recieved a total of $5 to $7 billion rubles worth of military weapons, food, and other services from the USSR, China, and the Warsaw Pact for the entire war. I even have break down of what North VN received. I already mention that North Vietnam was just an agarian country with practically nothing valueble to destroy so I don't know how "much" is it for them to "lose" since they did not even have much to begin with and life was pretty......cheap too
So if there was nothing valuable to destroy then what where they defending? Also...Are you saying that foreign aid was the ONLY source for the NVA to conduct the war? Nothing at all from North Viet Nam itself?

CIA FOIA Document Page Viewer

Now...If we go to the last page of the CIA's declassified document regarding Soviet and Chinese aid to NVN, even if we take in the CIA's low ball estimate, we can see that foreign aid alone in all those years is about half of what you estimated to be in US aircraft loss throughout the whole war. You admit ignorance on how else could North Viet Nam contributed to the war but you have no problem declaring that being on the defensive via SAM is an economically viable alternative.

I am going to leave this subject as is because it is not relevant to this subject. You are free to delude...er...I mean...believe any interpretation of facts you chose.

"the F-35B/C, with performance worse than the pre-legacy F-4E,"

^^ stopped reading at that point, clearly this author doesn't know anything

:rofl::rofl: the author is Dr. carlo kopp, a very well know defence analyst from australia working for RAAF since 1980'swhose work is very much touted for its extreme relevations about western air capabilities against Russian air capabilities..he had authored various books like world air forces and is a
an important columnist in various military websites..check it out on google...and you think you know more than him.:rofl::rofl:

simply there is nothing on earth to challange F-22 the F-22 program is on halt not killed until economy is back to super normal. The project program will be revived..
pak-fa is not a game changer but challenger to some degree i am not going to doubt its abilities perhaps much better than su-family in its future and a serious challenger to F-35B/C dominating europe, that it will do and eventually us will come-in to revive F-22 program with export variant or essential F-35 avionics into F-22 expo variant with super maneuverability to counter pak-fa its a long game us gains all the way.
What russians gain is sell it like a hot cakes to everyone on the market even countries like vietnam might be able to get 5-10 of them in the future where-as us sells it to reliable and professional partners..
most likely buyers of pak-fa will be apart from brazil and india other nations would get downgraded versions.
russian
india
brazil
malaysia
indonesia
venezuela
veitnam
algeria
and some new small nations could buy it later in the future perhaps after 2020.

I am not in agreement I am sorry.

The F22 and the F35 as machines are wonderful. That is not the issue here.
The US for at least 20 ( 30 in my mind ) years has been gearing up for the use of the F22 and the JSF. The entire book written was about BVR engagements at the place and time chosen by the blue side. That was to be the norm.

As it stands, IF (IF) the T-50 is all it is meant to be ( and to reaffirm ) yes less stealthy than the F22, it is a game changer.. and in a big .BIG way...

First of all the US will be forced to examine strategies, ways and approaches for dealing and fighting against stealth adversaries. Something it snobbed for so long as there was not much hope of anyone else developing a stealth plane.

Now that plane is almost here. Initial analysis and the very appearance of the aircraft indicates it is meant to be one thing and one thing only. A killer of other planes. If the 3 promises are kept, hyper agility, Highly integrated anionics and stealth (enough) .. then the rules of engagement due change..
For example, ( Gambit is no doubt convinced otherwise) no current medium range western missile can lock on a plane with -20dB signature.. and even if one does... cranking seems to be all to easy for such and agile design...
But the point is that the blue side pilots will be denied BVR shots... and if that promise becomes reality .. then yes... the PAK FA T-50 .. IS a game changer.

think about it...

Back
Top Bottom