What's new

Sukhoi PAK-FA / FGFA: Updates,News & Discussions

Hopefully not, because it's silly to use an external LDP for a stealth fighter that carries it's LGBs internally. I hope we go for an internal version, maybe based on the Litening techs and with Rafael, but external carriage is not the way to go.

Sancho I think the LDP could be mounted internally in the space between the front weapon bay and the dielectric part of nose cone, perhaps a little to the back of the the small sensor seen under the cockpit fuselage in the above pics.

Hopefully not, because it's silly to use an external LDP for a stealth fighter that carries it's LGBs internally. I hope we go for an internal version, maybe based on the Litening techs and with Rafael, but external carriage is not the way to go.
I wasn't suggesting an external LDP, but was wondering whether you see the IAF going for a LDP of Western origin/with Western tech?

As per both picture the tail also different, the new one more shaped for LO, MEANS those long tails will be there in the final version too?

The long pointed shape tail, similar to Flanker's, appeared in second PT only. I don't think it will be the part of production aircraft.
If I am not wrong the wide tail section houses a small radar. To me, tail of PT-1,3,4 looks better, and it has LO shape unlike the round one.

Engine nozzles are the same, its the angle of light which is highlihting joints b/w upper and lower plates of nozzle or the edges of upper plates.

I wasn't suggesting an external LDP, but was wondering whether you see the IAF going for a LDP of Western origin/with Western tech?

That for sure, the Russian optical systems aren't that advanced as western, I wouldn't be surprised if we go for other MAWS... as well.

The long pointed shape tail, similar to Flanker's, appeared in second PT only. I don't think it will be the part of production aircraft.
If I am not wrong the wide tail section houses a small radar. To me, tail of PT-1,3,4 looks better, and it has LO shape unlike the round one.

Engine nozzles are the same, its the angle of light which is highlihting joints b/w upper and lower plates of nozzle or the edges of upper plates.

Yes the tail-sting is known to house an X-band rear-looking AESA radar.

That for sure, the Russian optical systems aren't that advanced as western, I wouldn't be surprised if we go for other MAWS... as well.

Sancho do you think an advanced version of AN/AAR-60(v)2 (as on Super-MKI) will be available for
FGFA? Maybe India should develop its own MAWS by then.

Sancho do you think an advanced version of AN/AAR-60(v)2 (as on Super-MKI) will be available for
FGFA? Maybe India should develop its own MAWS by then.

Any source that Super MKI will have this? For FGFA it is known that IAF wants 360° passive sensors, but not what kind, so we will have to wait and see.

Any source that Super MKI will have this? For FGFA it is known that IAF wants 360° passive sensors, but not what kind, so we will have to wait and see.

That Sengupta fellow said it.

Here: - TRISHUL: Super Su-30MKI: From Air Dominance To Air Supremacy

The integrated defensive aids suite, now being developed by a joint venture of DARE and Cassidian of Germany, will include the MILDS AN/AAR-60 missile approach warning system (MAWS).

The open-architecture IDAS has been under joint development by DARE and Germany-based Cassidian since 2006, and will include the AAR-60(V)2 MILDS F missile approach warning system, the EW management computer and Tarang Mk3 radar warning receiver (developed by DARE and built by Bharat Electronics Ltd), a countermeasures dispenser built by Bharat Dynamics Ltd, TsNIRTI-developed expendable active electronic decoys, a reusable fibre-optic ABRL active radar towed-decoy using suppression, deception and seduction techniques, and an internal EW suite supplied by Elettronica of Italy (the very same Virgilius suite that is on board the MiG-29UPG).

Most of the specs on the PAK FA avionics are classified so comparing too anything is a bit premature don't you think ?

Most of the specs on the PAK FA avionics are classified so comparing too anything is a bit premature don't you think ?

Yes. still sukhoi producing prototypes only. so we have to wait another 2 to 3 years. then we can start comparing it with matured platforms.

Have I compared Pak Fa avionics, but Russian optical systems compared to western counterparts? Why do you think most Su 30 customers prefered western MAWS, LDPs over Russian once? Russia even asked Israeli or European manufacturers for JVs wrt fighter or UAV avionics and developments and even if you compare the optical capabilities of Russian IR missiles to western, you will see big differences.

Have I compared Pak Fa avionics, but Russian optical systems compared to western counterparts? Why do you think most Su 30 customers prefered western MAWS, LDPs over Russian once? Russia even asked Israeli or European manufacturers for JVs wrt fighter or UAV avionics and developments and even if you compare the optical capabilities of Russian IR missiles to western, you will see big differences.

R-73 was the first IR missile to have off-boresight capabilities. It went into service in 1980s the West didn't match it until the early 2000.

R-73 was the first IR missile to have off-boresight capabilities. It went into service in 1980s the West didn't match it until the early 2000.
Ya defiantly but USSR. But what's today's status of new Russain missiles ??? (Seeking information only no other intentions )

Ya defiantly but USSR. But what's today's status of new Russain missiles ??? (Seeking information only no other intentions )

Russian missiles there is nothing wrong with them. PAK-FA I think will have the RVV-MD WVR AAM with
max 40km range with offboresight capabilities and can engage targets maneuvering at 12g.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom