What's new

Suggest me some nice foreign movies with English subtitle

SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION

Although it is english.

Children of Heaven is a nice call.

I have only seen two movies so far and they both were brilliant

The kite runner and A separation (both Persian)

A-Separation-2011.jpg

any other Irani, Afghani, German, French, Italian, Chinese, Korean, turkish etc etc movies with touching story?

Brazilian:

Tropa De Elite,Bus no.784 something like that,City of God,Central To Brasil

Argentine:

El Secreto de sus Ojos,Neuvos Reinas,El Bonarense,Plata Quemada

Yugoslav:

Savior,Grbavica,Lepa Sela Lepo Gore,Noz the knife,Back to Bosnia,No Man's land.

Turkish:

Ogul-the son,Baba Ve Oglum.

Hey i just watched that movie one day back man, what a movie!!. Do u think its influenced by "Leon the professional" ?? i find some similarities u know.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw this movie horror flick "Three Extremes" i think its a Chinese one or Japanese, not sure very gruesome. Infact it has all characters like Japanese Chinese and Korean.

There are two movies Chinese, one is Detective Dee and the mystery of phantom flame i think (nice one, worth watching just like sherlock holmes doing kungfu!!) and then there is another i don't remember the name, it has donnie yen and another actor (some one can help here) which is very nice donnie yen has a criminal past and hides in a village as a commoner.

Lastly recently seen a korean movie "The good bad and the ugly.." nice twist at the end and good action but with bullets.

Suggesting only the latest flicks as most people know about old classics.

Once upon a Time in Anatolia
Sound of Noise
Elite Squad 2 - The Enemy Within

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

Lastly recently seen a korean movie "The good bad and the ugly.." nice twist at the end and good action but with bullets.

Wasn't it "the good bad and the weird" ?

Once upon a Time in Anatolia
Sound of Noise
Elite Squad 2 - The Enemy Within

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

Wasn't it "the good bad and the weird" ?

Thats right Abir its "The good bad and the weird" i must have confused.

TROPA DE ELITE(THE ELITE SQUAD)-Brazalian movie

WALTZ WITH BASHEER(Film on LEBANON MASSACARE)

THE LIVES OF OTHERS(GERMAN MOVIE)

NO END IN SIGHT (DOCUMENTARY FILM ON IRAQ WAR,ALL REAL LIFE CHARACTERS, LANG-ENGLISH)--MUST WATCH

Guess you mixed it up with Sergio Leone's Good, Bad and Ugly.

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

Any metal lover must watch Sound of Noise, specially you have thing for double bass drumming.

Chinese:

2dm7frm.jpg

Korean:

3538846.jpg

e7nsy0.jpg

A south korean friend of mine... recomended it to me... even though she doesnt like to watch movies.... Its worth it.

hachiko a dog story its a japenese 1

hollywood remake has been made with richard gere as an lead actor

very nice movie:smitten:

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I have been downloaded some of them..It will be nice to have good collection of foreign films which i never seen before :cheers:

document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', function () { // Check if the popup has been shown before if (!localStorage.getItem('youtubePopupShown')) { // Replace YOUR_VIDEO_ID with your actual YouTube video ID var youtubeURL = 'https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77WM3ujhvJ4'; // Open the YouTube video in a new popup window var width = 560; var height = 315; var left = (screen.width / 2) - (width / 2); var top = (screen.height / 2) - (height / 2); window.open(youtubeURL, 'YouTubeVideo', `width=${width},height=${height},top=${top},left=${left}`); // Set the flag in localStorage to indicate the popup has been shown localStorage.setItem('youtubePopupShown', 'true'); } });
Back
Top Bottom