What's new

Successful Babur-3 test gives Pakistan ticket to elite nuke triad club

Windy, I can't ask you to trust me or anything, but the day Pakistan does launch Babur from a submarine (Agostas), it will be clearly stated and shown. Lets just say that the 'professionals' seem to think otherwise because it is a little bit over their pay-grade and conversations over lunches don't really tell the whole picture.

Have a nice day.
Dear, all i can say is that i stressed on two points, I.E NOTAMS and the launch source.
I was clearly told that it was a Submarine but what kind can not be disclosed... supposedly we should hear more details in coming days.

Negative.

Hint : SUPARCO ( SLV Program )

Double Negative.

Pakistan does have the capability to launch a 5000km missile (although the complete deterrent would take years to establish).

It's not integrated, one piece ready to fire. But upon orders under pressing needs, conducting a test at such range wouldn't be much of an issue for our relevant institutions.

This information is credible.

That's not how it's done anywhere in the world.
Either it's pontoon which is static or it's the sub. But i see what u r doing here ;)
Oh we do a quite a bit of stuff thats not done anywhere else, we did so in the past and will continue to do so in the future.
No, it isn't that black and white. I'm not doing anything.

Dear, all i can say is that i stressed on two points, I.E NOTAMS and the launch source.
I was clearly told that it was a Submarine but what kind can not be disclosed... supposedly we should hear more details in coming days.
Well if you wanna call a submersible, which can travel a few kilometers and fire a single object once only, a submarine...then by all means, why not.

Oh we do a quite a bit of stuff thats not done anywhere else, we did so in the past and will continue to do so in the future.
No, it isn't that black and white. I'm not doing anything.

Well if you wanna call a submersible, which can travel a few kilometers and fire a single object once only, a submarine...then by all means, why not.

Most probable firing mechanism of SLCM.

2414.jpg

Last edited:
Most probable firing mechanism of SLCM.

2414.jpg

That was the prototype canister used to develop the multi-tube launch system for Babur-1 GLCM. It has nothing to do with the SLCM.The SLCM was designed to be launched via 533mm torpedo tubes, in an encapsulated configuration.
The platform in question here has a horizontal torpedo tube, while being able to move underwater.

Last edited:
Double Negative.

Pakistan does have the capability to launch a 5000km missile (although the complete deterrent would take years to establish).

It's not integrated, one piece ready to fire. But upon orders under pressing needs, conducting a test at such range wouldn't be much of an issue for our relevant institutions.

This information is credible.

Capability wise, N. Korea , IRAN , South Africa , Japan and almost every nation which can launch a V2 like Rocket has the basic foundations to reach the Moon and Build an ICBM.

Even India Reached Mars. But NOT an ICBM with 12K Range.

Plz do note This is an Era where Fighter "Numbers" dont matter , "Servicilbility" does.
Thaths the "naked" Reality and it Really matters especially when it comes to War.

What events would those be?
  • India's test of an ICBM
  • No condemnation or sanctions by the international community especially USA
  • Inclusion of India in MTCR
  • Granting priority status to India by USA
  • India's test of SLBM
  • To augment Pakistan's 2nd strike capability
  • Geopolitical advantage

Is that a manned submersible object or unmanned? or is it like a rudimentary midget sub? Will it be possible to develop the concept further and can have multiple fully functional midget subs able to fire SLCM ?

Is that a manned submersible object or unmanned? or is it like a rudimentary midget sub? Will it be possible to develop the concept further and can have multiple fully functional midget subs able to fire SLCM ?
Unfortunately I won't be able to elaborate further. However no, it isn't anything like a midget sub. It is strictly a test platform.
Once the SLCM matures, Agostas will be able to launch them.

Yup, shoot ' n scoot.
Another interesting point made was that although it was fired from a Sub but overall the authority was another establishment.
@Bratva , you mentioned the authority elsewhere. DSA or something.

NSFC FT. SPD & NESCOM

Unfortunately I won't be able to elaborate further. However no, it isn't anything like a midget sub. It is strictly a test platform.
Once the SLCM matures, Agostas will be able to launch them.
Fair enough. I take ur word for it. However looking back at the recent (5-6years) disclosures on this subject and the way that missile hit the flag .. IMO the system does seem to be pretty mature and fully deployed. But thats just my opinion

Fair enough. I take ur word for it. However looking back at the recent (5-6years) disclosures on this subject and the way that missile hit the flag .. IMO the system does seem to be pretty mature and fully deployed. But thats just my opinion
Let's just say that those disclosures were not entirely accurate. Anyways, the system is that mature (post-boost phase) because it is essentially deploying the same technologies as land based Babur. Only the underwater launch, water clearance, booster ignition and capsule ejection are the new parameters needing verification.

Let's just say that those disclosures were not entirely accurate. Anyways, the system is that mature (post-boost phase) because it is essentially deploying the same technologies as land based Babur. Only the underwater launch, water clearance, booster ignition and capsule ejection are the new parameters needing verification.

On an entirely unrelated matter. Navy got to keep eye on Extremist elements. We don't want submarine with nuke babur in it in a hostile takeover situation like that of Frigate take over 2 years ago. Navy is the weakest link in containing the extremist elements.

As per one video clip of Dr.Samar Mubarikmand and news reports that appeared in media in 2012 . Babur-1 fully matured and went into mass production in 2012. 7 years after its first test and limited production. Babur II and III tested in 2016. Give it 2-3 years to fully mature and going into mass production until all the kinks are removed and system become matured to be deployed with 100 % effectiveness.

By Kinks I mean, The new updates avionics will need to be validated again and again just like How android rolls Beta versions of OS and then the Stable version after wards.

Back
Top Bottom