What's new

Strongest Conventional Militaries in the Islamic World

Status
Not open for further replies.
look at it from "how much recent war experience do they have" point of view, Turkey no doubt has the most technologically advanced forces, Saudi Arabian AF has got F-15s and Eurofighters.

I don't wanna troll, but I would be happy to know on what basis you've done this ranking.

Turkey was ranked 1st in equipment because they have TOT among F-16, Tanks, they make their own advanced helicopters, artillery, apc, and are all upto NATO standards.

Saudia Arabia was ranked 2nd because of their major weapon purchases from the West of very high tech equipment to lavish their armed forces with.

Egypt is ranked 3rd because they have large number of advanced equipment from USA due to Camp David Accords.

Pakistan is ranked 4th because while they have large number of equipment. Many of it is dated, they have a few high tech weapon platforms such as F-16 or Al-Khalid Tank but rest such as attack helicopters, SAM Missiles are quite dated and need a major upgrade.

Iran is ranked last because since 1979 they have not integrated any advanced weaponry but are reverse engineering dated 1970's technology to keep their forces operating.

As for Training, Turks are world renowned as being among the toughest soldiers in the world along with the reputation of their generals being among the best.

Pakistan is ranked 2nd because of the numerous wars Pakistan has fought which has Pakistani soldiers very battle hardened.

Iran is ranked 3rd because they are very nationalistic and have good fighting spirits.

Egypt is ranked 4th because since 1973, they have not fought a major war and their reputation is lacking.

Saudis are ranked last because they still need so much help to operate their armed forces and are not capable for major independent engagements.

This thread is stupid.
unconventional warfare >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> conventional.
the vietnamese kicked the crap out of the "superpower" americans, the talibans are also raping the americans and other NATO countries....

ranking a countries military power in terms of how planes and tanks they have is like trying to rank chess players around the world according to how many chess sets they own. it is stupid.
what matters is faith and will power to overcome the enemy.
for example Iran was attacked by saddam who was backed the world and Iran did not even know how ro operate most their equipments and we needed spare parts and still we won the war by stopping saddam from taking over our land. after that war saddam was scared shitless of Iran, that same saddam rapped kuwait and saudi arabia.

Iran shows it will never stop fighting, after 8 years and 500,000 dead we would had still carried on if we had to. and that why USA will not attack us because they know what we lack in hardware and more than make up in software(faith and will power).

Turkey is the strongest no doubt. Air force,Navy,Ground Force all are being modernized. They are getting the F-35 which will give it supreme air supremacy in the next decade. So Turkey is the strongest.

i was playing battlefield 3 just now and operating the f-35 but its sucks in air to air and cant manouvere very good , is that true in real life aswell , however a great great feature is that you can hover with the f-35 on the game and no other jet can do that , ( maybe they done that just to not overpower the f-35 in the game) how is f-35 air to air in tests in real life

this thread is made by a western stooge :lol:

last time is any one wanting a dick measuring contest between muslim countries, it doesnt make sense, practically all muslim countries are not independent import weapons from other developed countries

Well i cant say anything about which one is the strongest but, i am pretty sure Pakistan army has massive warfare experience and the most battle hardened army in the Muslim world..Equipment an army uses is very important, i agree, but imho warfare experience is force multiplier

I don't get the meaning of such contests ,how advance your weapon is, is not all you must add to that battle scenario ,the moral of the soldiers and how effectively you use your weapons . A perfect example is 2006 Lebanon war in which a small 1000-1500 strong army of hezboallah without any airforce or navy or armorec force managed to stop a 30000 strong army of Israel which was benefitted from all above luxaries even when you compare small arms you'll see that their ak-47 was far inferior to israel arms ,but they never retreated and after 1 month of war israel could not even advance 20km into lebanon (something they thaught they could achieve in just several hours) .

About Iran power honestly it depend on the scenario if its offensive operation ,well we zre probably somewhere between 11-15 , now just let consider we are going to defend ourselves against a foreign attack ,well in that case i doubt even the combined force of others can help them too much

Pakistan>Turkey>Iran,Saudi Arabia.
I think these are only 4 Muslim powers that count.

I hate to say again, let me remind you.

Turkey is not alone, they are with NATO many years and technology cooperation.

No Nuclear Conventional Ranking based purely on equipment:
1 - Turkey - 5pts With NATO
2 - Saudi Arabia - 4pts No NATO
3 - Egypt - 3pts No NATO
4 - Pakistan - 2pts No NATO
5 - Iran - 1pt No NATO

Based on Training of Soldiers only and Leadership of the Generals:
1 - Turkey - 5pts With NATO
2 - Pakistan - 4pts No NATO
3 - Iran - 3pts No NATO
4 - Egypt - 2pts No NATO
5 - Saudi Arabia - 1pts No NATO

In my understanding, Pakistan is the strongest country in any fields.

No Nuclear Conventional Ranking based purely on equipment:
1 - Turkey - 5pts
2 - Saudi Arabia - 4pts
3 - Egypt - 3pts
4 - Pakistan - 2pts
5 - Iran - 1pt

Based on Training of Soldiers only and Leadership of the Generals:
1 - Turkey - 5pts
2 - Pakistan - 4pts
3 - Iran - 3pts
4 - Egypt - 2pts
5 - Saudi Arabia - 1pts

Giving 60% split to Equipment and 40% to Training, you get the following ranking:
1 - Turkey = (5 X 0.6 ) + (5 X 0.4) = 5
2 - Pakistan = ( 2 X 0.6) + (4 X 0.4) = 2.8
3 - Saudi Arabia = (4 X 0.6) + (1 X 0.4) = 2.8
4 - Egypt = (3 X 0.6) + (2 X 0.4) = 2.6
5 - Iran = (1 X 0.6) + (3 X 0.4) = 1.8

Before the trolls come and start saying that Iran is standing up to the west while Pakistan is getting drone strikes. We are not taking into account geo-politics, geography, strategic depth, alliances, but evaluating on pure military terms, morale of soldiers and skills of the generals who command these forces.

Do You anything about Iran??
Iran is a country with close to 1 Trillion economy. It is a resource rich country which has highest percapita income than pakistan. The size of Iran is much more than pakistan.
I feel there is no comparision between Iran (Proud persian empire which terrified ancient Greece and West and Pakistan which
is serving western Interests by milking them for money)

Don't weight NATO factor that much.. coz NATO was there in '71 and we all know what happened...

Take more recent example of Georgia. The soldiers were trained by nATO in special OPS but were blown away to pieces by the sheer power of Russian military in 48 hours..

NATO was also there in IRAQ and we know what transpired there in last decade..

Gulf War 1 and 2 and previous fights with Israel has shown how bad the Muslims' conventional forces are. Just stating the fact not offending anyone here. Its best to fight unconventional warfare by ditching all your tanks and planes because thats easy to see who is the enemy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom